• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 4

Round of 16:

View attachment 18777

5 rematches… zzzzz
Our route is actually better than if we had won. Not saying it easy but a trip to UK is more easier than South Africa. Would be tough game regardless.
I presume QFs are based on seeding too for home like if there 2 away wins in last 16

Leinster could potentially have their 2 away games in pools as home games for R16 and QF

Our route is actually better than if we had won. Not saying it easy but a trip to UK is more easier than South Africa. Would be tough game regardless.
I presume QFs are based on seeding too for home like if there 2 away wins in last 16
Yeah Munster are 14th so the only possible home tie would be against Tigers (15th) if they both made it that far.

Stormers would be in Europe but their choice of venue.

Yeah Munster are 14th so the only possible home tie would be against Tigers (15th) if they both made it that far.

Stormers would be in Europe but their choice of venue.
So effectively we probably have easier route overall than if we won yesterday. I think last 16 will be interesting. The 6 Nations may hit a few for fatigue like for Saints it may kill their momentum. Leinster it may be a fatigue thing especially after RWC too. So many ifs like Toulouse less Dupont and Ntmack may be vulnerable.

In UL this morning the rumour is medical jokers may be recieved.

A possible Leinster – La Rochelle quarter-final.
We have come a long way and Leinster still remains strong.
I think this time we will beat the Stormers at home.

A possible Leinster – La Rochelle quarter-final.
We have come a long way and Leinster still remains strong.
I think this time we will beat the Stormers at home.
To be honeat can't see La Rochelle making QF but if they do Leinster wil win.
La Rochelle have went backwards this season in a big way where Leinster have maintained standard and adjustments will only kick in come March

At the very least, we won't be having another Leinster vs La Rochelle final this year.

Actually hadn't let that sink in. All of group 4 is in one grouping, meaning another group replay in the quarter final.
Hopefully not, Leinster v Stormers would be a new fixture for the comp!

They need to fix the format. Ridiculous how all the qualifiers from pool 4. Will play each other again (barring a Leinster v stormers game) and won't play a side from another pool until the semis.

Question: Why has the level of English teams dropped so much?

I have the impression that since the fall of Wasps, English rugby has lost its best showcase.

Les équipes anglaises sont à leur meilleur depuis des années. Habituellement, ils avaient une équipe forte, mais cette année, tout semble superbe.
It's still sad that a big club like Wasps has disappeared from the European scene.

It's the same thing for Munster, their last European ***le dates from May 24, 2008,

410B77CD-7BEB-47A1-B0FC-E51125CEABA5[1].jpeg

Qualified

Toulouse
Bath
Harlequin
Union Bordeaux Begles

Leinster
La Rochelle
Northampton
Bulls

So effectively we probably have easier route overall than if we won yesterday. I think last 16 will be interesting. The 6 Nations may hit a few for fatigue like for Saints it may kill their momentum. Leinster it may be a fatigue thing especially after RWC too. So many ifs like Toulouse less Dupont and Ntmack may be vulnerable.

In UL this morning the rumour is medical jokers may be recieved.
Yeah, avoiding away trips to Bordeaux and Toulouse at any point is a W.

Things will look different after the 6n but I really fancy that Saints team to reach a semi final.

Would love to finally see Leinster v Toulouse in a final. The two best teams in the competitions history having a go at each other would be so hype.

It's still sad that a big club like Wasps has disappeared from the European scene.

It's the same thing for Munster, their last European ***le dates from May 24, 2008,
Maybe but without the massive money French clubs have they'd have very little. Like what is more sadder is that clubs like La Rochelle couldn't do it with alot of homegrown talent that Wasps and Munster could.

But lets hope they do stay relevant alot longer than previous editions of rich clubs do. Crazy that in France the most consistent club os Toulouae who.are the main priducers of homegrown talent too

Things will look different after the 6n but I really fancy that Saints team to reach a semi final.

Would love to finally see Leinster v Toulouse in a final. The two best teams in the competitions history having a go at each other would be so hype.
Seeing Saints in flesh yesterday they are good. Play great brand of rugby and I said yesterday but even reviewing today that Smith gave a masterclass at 10. Id say 1 of best I've ever seen in Limerick but their ruck recycle speed is scary.
The hope I have is we will have stronger and fresher 23. Their momentum could be hit now from international and how do they return.
Also with us it crazy. You may expect us to be hammered but equally have that ****le we could pull it out of bag.

After yesterday, If we get past Exeter, and their first choice backrow back, Bath will have nothing to fear, even away at Toulouse.
We wouldn't be favourites, but yesterday will have given us a huge boost in self-belief.

Latest posts