• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 2

What is up with Welsh scrum halves kicking the ball away with less than a minute to go and they're losing?

lancaster doing one last solid for sexton by having an even more disastrous Leinster --> Racing transition

Group stages are lifeless in a way as it harder to eliminate yourself than qualify. La Rochelle they saying are hanging by a thread but are still more likely to qualify than not.

I don't think I've ever seen TdG have a complete performance

Do I just have bad luck at watching him?
Yes, he's had a few where he's been immense, vs Sarries stands out this year, and a few in the covid seasons.
Fewer since JvG arrived, but then, JvG brought a personal favourite FB with him, so last year Tom's game time was much more limited, and this year he's fighting for his place, and often over-playing.
Normally you'd say that wasn't too bad a thing, his versatility would make him nailed on for the 23 shirt, and enough gametime to settle down - but again, JvG does love him a 6:2 bench, so the 23 shirt is usually the backrow replacement.

Conversely, I'm sure I have, but I don't recall seeing him have a bad game personally (plenty as part of a bad team performance, which may mean that he did, but didn't stand out as such)

Stormers Vs La Rochelle the stadium looks empty.

I know the capacity is 50K plus, but surely there's no atmosphere.

Would be better to have a small stadium which is packed out IMO
I was in one of several sold out blocks in the shade (see photo). No local would countenance sitting facing west at this time of year. It's horrendously sunny. That said I also think that in summer our evening games will sell better than afternoon ones. Next Champions Cup match for us in mid Jan at 7.30pm. Let's see. We've been disappointing on the road recently, but some form should lead to bigger crowds I think. Some tricky URC derbies up next.
Screenshot_20231217-113521_YouTube.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-113521_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-113521_YouTube.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 4
Sandy Park a bit meh this morning.
But we in the house now. Will never be a fan of these early Sunday games.

Diabolical defending there. Archer just a non entity in that line break. All came from Casey getting caught at a ruck, although he's otherwise been good.

Great steal from Beirne although the red had just told Beirne to leave it alone??? Terrible refereeing

We're playing decently well. Carrying a couple of passengers imo as well though.

Can't fault any of our backs though they're working really hard. Crowley has looked good, but he has a few mistakes in him too. That intercept was shocking.

Latest posts