• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final 2022/23: Leinster Rugby v Stade Rochelais

Not really. Not all 10s take the big kicks. He was honest and said it wasn't a fair bet. That's him making the big call.

That's not really making the right big call though.

It's commendable but he's starting the biggest game in club rugby. He needs to be ready to at least take them.

That's not really making the right big call though.

It's commendable but he's starting the biggest game in club rugby. He needs to be ready to at least take them.
It's a dice roll either way. If your 10 think he doesn't have the legs then hit the corner. Another penalty isn't unlikely anyway. I think knowing your limitations is admirable and he had probably a 15% chance of kicking that

It's a dice roll either way. If your 10 think he doesn't have the legs then hit the corner. Another penalty isn't unlikely anyway. I think knowing your limitations is admirable and he had probably a 15% chance of kicking that

Ok that's fair enough, but then I guess that lack of confidence I feel meant he didn't even think of taking a drop goal by the looks of it. When in reality given the breakdown lottery it should've been the call.

IDK I feel that Sexton would've put himself in for at least the drop goal

Ok that's fair enough, but then I guess that lack of confidence I feel meant he didn't even think of taking a drop goal by the looks of it. When in reality given the breakdown lottery it should've been the call.

I was thinking sexton vs France from a few years back during the build up

A game for the ages. Probably secures the reputation of the competition as the Premier Club Competition in the world. Leinster started well obviously but they managed the game badly from there. Physically they fronted up in defence but were fatigued by the effort.
Its a game of fine margins I suppose but they don't get much finer than that.
Doris I thought was very unlucky to get penalised when he looked to be clearly on the ball. O'Brien also a little unlucky for what looked like a good competition in the air. Had those calls gone the other way so would the result.
Credit to La Rochelle. They looked down and out after 10 mins but rallied manfully.

So the question now is where so Leinster go from here?

DG I'd agree completely. You absolutely have to put your hand up for that. He was hoping his forwards would do the job I guess.

Will say that Leinster fans in the stadium were pretty gracious and took the red card on the chin. They'd probably have taken me on the chin if I'd shown the la Rochelle top I'm wearing tho

I told you that La Rochelle was the black beast of Leinster.

Without Wayne Barnes Leinster would never have reached the final.