• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final 2022/23: Leinster Rugby v Stade Rochelais

Whilst I'm a very sore loser anyone on here can tell you I'm terrible when Leicester lose, I was honestly supporting La Rochelle today.

The confrontation statistics between Leinster and La Rochelle speaks for the French club.

20/05/2023 Leinster - La Rochelle 26 - 27
28/05/2022 Leinster - La Rochelle 21 - 24
02/05/2021 La Rochelle - Leinster 32 - 23

I have not read once in this forum, a single congratulation for the victory of La Rochelle

You also said Toulouse were definitely going to win this competition.
I keep saying that Toulouse should have been in the final.
Even Irish television acknowledged that there was no try by James Low near the sidelines.
There was a red card for a Leinster player.

I say it again Waynes Barnes was a huge help for Leinster in the semi-finals.

The confrontation statistics between Leinster and La Rochelle speaks for the French club.

20/05/2023 Leinster - La Rochelle 26 - 27
28/05/2022 Leinster - La Rochelle 21 - 24
02/05/2021 La Rochelle - Leinster 32 - 23

I have not read once in this forum, a single congratulation for the victory of La Rochelle
We celebrated the win like the moon landing what are you on about?

Curiously, not only were both European winners this season from France, but they were both from outside the main bloc of rugby teams in the Southwest of the country.

Even Irish television acknowledged that there was no try by James Low near the sidelines.

You are coming across as a bit of a dick mate.

Could have, would have, should have. You made a statement and you were wrong.

41-22, and Leinster were the better team that semi-final.

I thought Ross Byrne was absolutely shocking in that second half and was the main reason, apart from LaR's massive performance, why Leinster stopped playing. He just retreated deeper and deeper, something we'd hoped he had gotten over, and it puts a massive question mark over Irelands reliance on him as Sextons backup at the RWC. He was absolutely horrendous.

PS congrats to La Rochelle for a hugely impressive win.

I thought Ross Byrne was absolutely shocking in that second half and was the main reason, apart from LaR's massive performance, why Leinster stopped playing. He just retreated deeper and deeper, something we'd hoped he had gotten over, and it puts a massive question mark over Irelands reliance on him as Sextons backup at the RWC. He was absolutely horrendous.

PS congrats to La Rochelle for a hugely impressive win.
To be fair to him he barely had a touch in anger in the second half. Leinster were mostly on the defensive. I wouldn't be too hard on him. Lowe and Gibson Park kicked poorly to relieve pressure and probably deserve more criticism.

If Jaco Peyper had whistled all the offsides of Leinster players, La Rochelle would have won much more widely.

For my Irish friends on the forum and they say the four leaf clover brings good luck 😊

If Jaco Peyper had whistled all the offsides of Leinster players, La Rochelle would have won much more widely.

For my Irish friends on the forum and they say the four leaf clover brings good luck 😊

**** off you loser. Jimmy O'Brien's "tackle," in the air was his most significant contribution.

Why do the French lads always have a massive chip on the shoulder? Even when they win the first thing they talk about is how insulted they feel. It's baffling.

Gutted to lose like that but the players can blame no one but themselves. Execution of basic skills let them down and when the chance was there at the end they blew it. Calmer heads would have set a platform under the sticks and taken the drop goal. Ryan going off was huge.

It didn't impact the game but how in the name of god did Danty avoid red?

To be fair to him he barely had a touch in anger in the second half. Leinster were mostly on the defensive. I wouldn't be too hard on him. Lowe and Gibson Park kicked poorly to relieve pressure and probably deserve more criticism.
Lowe had two poor kicks and Gibson Park had one that went out on the full, but at least they were playing, while Byrne simply disappeared up his own arse, reverting to the style of play that resulted in him dropping down the Irish pecking order a couple of years ago. When a team is under that much pressure they need their 10 to be brave and to give momentum by playing closer to the line, not retreating 15 yards back and shovelling crap ball, or kicking the ball away pointlessly, which is what Byrne did in the second half today. I say that as someone who was delighted with his form in the 6ns and believed he had turned a page, but that performance today was as poor as I've seen from him.

My Leinster motm today was Conan, who I thought was superb, but who, ironically, I was very critical in the Italy match this year. His form since has been excellent, and he's very unlucky to be competing for the Irish 8 shirt with Doris, who is imo wasted at 6.