• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final 2022/23: Leinster Rugby v Stade Rochelais

So annoying. 3 clever tries in 20 mins and you can't build or hold out

I honestly think it was a rope a dope. Leinster came out with so much energy and if la Rochelle tried to match they would be gassed. Leinster was attacking every breakdown and blitzing the first received every time. But after about 30 minutes the game was firmly la Rochelle's.

Seemingly Sexton had a serious go at Peyper and now IRFU are looking at their beat legal team as Swxton ban could hurt RWC if reports are true

Seemingly Sexton had a serious go at Peyper and now IRFU are looking at their beat legal team as Swxton ban could hurt RWC if reports are true
Apparently he got into it with Skelton and O'Hara at halftime. Could see him missing the World Cup tuneups at least.

Apparently he got into it with Skelton and O'Hara at halftime. Could see him missing the World Cup tuneups at least.
Yes that was at h/t. Supposedly Sean O'Brien was involved too. But believe the post match altercations are even more serious and both could end in a ban that equals months not weeks is word.

Not sure why as Peyper did all he could for Leinster. Looking back on game at end I'm more shocked Leinster didn't learn from our game last week. They had opportunities even for DG but Ross Byrne never stepped up to lead.

Yes that was at h/t. Supposedly Sean O'Brien was involved too. But believe the post match altercations are even more serious and both could end in a ban that equals months not weeks is word.

Not sure why as Peyper did all he could for Leinster. Looking back on game at end I'm more shocked Leinster didn't learn from our game last week. They had opportunities even for DG but Ross Byrne never stepped up to lead.
Yeah I was wanting Leinster to win but they definitely had better luck with the ref on the whole.

My apologies to Leinster on behalf of New Zealand, three critical f ups by our players

But then does that bring into question his ability as a big game 10?

Kinda kicks your goal kicker needs to at least think he could take

And as said he had a chance to Drop kick it closer to the sticks
I thought it was the right call. There was still four minutes to go at that stage. If they got the goal and then La Rochelle, with plenty of time, got a goal in response that would have been game over.

Going for the lineout either eats up time before scoring another penalty and/or if they score a try allows them to get outside the score difference of a kick. Easier to score against 14, even if you only have 14, too.

For A lot of kickers that wouldn't have been a high probability kick either.