• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FOXSPORTS Fantasy Rugby 2012

Starting to like this Foxy one more and more that that I am slowly getting the hang of it.
What does not help is playing in the Sport Illustrated one and the Testrugby.com one and they all score differently
Next year I am dumping the Sport Illustrated one

Please tell me, the one on one matches between you and player X, how important are they and how does the scoring work for a win/defeat

Thanks

Can anyone help me out here please

4 for a win
0 for a loss
2 each for a draw

These 'log' points are very important as it's the first determinant in calculating seedings; so if you win all tour 1-on-1 matches each week even if only by a small margin you'll probably end up on top no matter what your total whereas you could have the highest points total but if you only won half your matches (let's say you had a few blow-out weeks and were unlucky to go up against the highest round scorer each round) you could miss out on the play-offs.

The overall score is the sum of each of the player's points minus the amount of transfers you made that week.

I'm still playing.... getting to the business end of the season now too.

I have been playing it against some guys from that sidhe place, they're too good for me though even in my best weeks I can't crack the top 10. Anybody know any amateurs to play against for future reference?

I'm still in, I've been steadily climbing from round 8 or so. Feel's a bit hollow though with all the in-actives.

I'm aiming for top 5 in the TRF league, next year top spot :D.

Looks like i'm gonna just miss out on the play offs :( I'll have 48 pts but that wont even be enough to make the top 10... Ah well, had a great time doing it! Look forward to a fantasy Rugby Championship next month :p

Looks like i'm gonna just miss out on the play offs :( I'll have 48 pts but that wont even be enough to make the top 10... Ah well, had a great time doing it! Look forward to a fantasy Rugby Championship next month :p

Hard luck - it has been pretty competitive this year with 40 teams in the league!

Looks like I'm through to the playoffs, and look set to successfully defend my ***le ;)

This is my first year and only got the proper hang of it in round 5 - think I am 7th now
How does it work from now on?

P.S. Team is BigBadFunBlokes

Last edited:
This is my first year and only got the proper hang of it in round 5 - think I am 7th now
How does it work from now on?

P.S. Team is BigBadFunBlokes

Assuming I have set it up right the top 8 now go into a knock-out quarter-final phase (1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 etc). This will culminate in a grand final (at the same time as the real grand final) where I will once again be crowned champion of the TRF conference ;)

Gean darnit! ... I missed the play offs by that much (ninth) ... I guess I'll have to support "Sink My Duck" now ... even though he threw his last match to keep me out of the top eight :p :)

Last edited:
Not the worst show by me but I lost out to Darwin who will certainly go on to win... again. Best of luck for defending your ***le. That'd at least make the heart-rending defeat easier to stomach.

Not the worst show by me but I lost out to Darwin who will certainly go on to win... again. Best of luck for defending your ***le. That'd at least make the heart-rending defeat easier to stomach.

Geez, that was a bit close for my liking :)

Look on the bright side: the Stormers are still playing this weekend! Come playoff time I put all my energy into winning the fantasy comp, as the Highlanders are always knocked out well before then :(

Latest posts