FOXSPORTS Fantasy Rugby 2012

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

With the start of the Super Rugby season in a few weeks time, FOXSPORTS.COM.AU will again be running their fantasy rugby competition, and I have setup a league for The Rugby Forum. We had a great turn-out last year, with over 30 members competing. Our league was particularly competitive too - it was one of the top scoring leagues in the entire competition, and a member of our league won the entire competition!

For those who haven't played fantasy rugby games before, the premise is simple: you pick a team of 15 players each week (under certain restrictions), and score points based on the players performances. What makes the Foxsports game stand-out from many other fantasy games is the in-depth point-scoring, with players scoring points for things such as tackles made, linebreaks, and lineouts won. Another interesting aspect of the this game is each week competitors are placed head-to-head with other members of the league, which adds to the competition within the forum.

I will be great to see a number back from last year, as well as anyone else who is keen to join. To join the Forum league simply go to http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/ and sign-up (or log-in if you have played previously), select your team (which can be changed right up to the start of the competition), then choose to join a private league and enter the code 399-3399.

I'll do it. Did it last year but wasn't a member (in any alias before some smart comment appears.)

7 members in thus far - good to see some familiar names in there too.

Ok I've joined. Any tips :p?

Last edited:
will join as well, hope they make some changes as some players are not featured while others are in the wrong positions (referring Stormers only that I had a look at)

Signing up. Will hope to get a better start than last year. Keep up the quality competition of last year, boys! (and girls?)

Ok I've joined. Any tips :p?

Hookers:
Only one of Moore, Poloto-Nau, Bismarck or Mealamu will do.

Locks, props and scrumhalves:
Don't waste cash here IMO; these guys don't make a ton of points and also a bit irregular most of the time.

Loose forwards:
Adam Thomson was an absolute monster in the early rounds last year. As for the rest it's a bit of much over muchness IMO; not the best source of points and very likely to lose points to penalties at the breakdown. Messam is a must-have but injured ATM, I believe.

Inside backs and outside backs:
The majority of your points should come from here. So spend money here and look for mismatches (Reds playing Lions for instance should give Ioane plenty of opportunities).

In general try and find guys with a big workrate/involvement and are undervalued. And then cross your fingers.

Has anyone else bought and resold their entire team 3 times allready? I probably have too much time on my hands.

I guess it's a fruitless excersize in anycase up until the matchday line-ups are announced. Hopefully they include a few ommissions by then as well.

Has anyone else bought and resold their entire team 3 times allready? I probably have too much time on my hands.

I guess it's a fruitless excersize in anycase up until the matchday line-ups are announced. Hopefully they include a few ommissions by then as well.
Not yet - I might have a go at that today though. I will then do the whole process 2-3 times again once the lineups are confirmed for the first week....

Hello all ... just waking from a self induced Rugby hibernation ... so take it easy on me the first couple of rounds okay ;)

... Just putting my team in now :)

Hello all ... just waking from a self induced Rugby hibernation ... so take it easy on me the first couple of rounds okay ;)

... Just putting my team in now :)

Doth my eyes deceive me? Shaggy? Is that really you? Any truth to the rumor that you have spent the last few months wandering the wilderness of Alaska due to being exiled from Canada after you were seen cheering when Zac Guildford scored a try versus Canada? ;)

Anyways great to see you back. I don't think anyone is foolish enough to take it easy on you - you were leading for most of last years competition if I remember correctly!

Latest posts