• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FOX SPORTS Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

about time for me to have my team go to the dogs as well ... I seem to have got a few wins recently, and haven't been eliminated from the cup early (which is the norm)

... Well, I predicted it ... I lost this week, and got eliminated from the cup by 3 points! ... are well, there's always this week :)

Who the f**k is 'SH Trojans'??? He made 439 points in this round against me. F**k!!!!!!!!!

yeah well i got 400 points beat that + is it too late for me to join the league ?

Last edited:
Looks like a close one for me ... got a 2 point lead over Ruggabee XV ...could change :)

Scotty ... it's a head to head league, so, unfortunately, it's too late to join

yeah well i got 400 points beat that + is it too late for me to join the league ?

Good score. I only got 458 ;)

First good week for me since about round 1. I'm still a long way down the league table, so it may be too little too late....

Gena, looks like we are drawn against each other for next week! *start looking where I can buy the players I feel you have that could potentially score big*...

Will see bud, not having a great year at all.
To much depends on how the captain on the day performs, maybe I do okayish

Well, it looks like the final results are up for the round ... I swear, the only way they could get any slower, is to introduce a TMO or something ... anyway, I won my game after it looked like I'd lost it, so I guess I shouldn't grumble too much

I've managed to reach 7th place, but am still two wins behind the leaders ... does anyone know if there is a head to head knock out phase in this pool, when the Super Rugby play offs happen?

Well, it looks like the final results are up for the round ... I swear, the only way they could get any slower, is to introduce a TMO or something ... anyway, I won my game after it looked like I'd lost it, so I guess I shouldn't grumble too much

I've managed to reach 7th place, but am still two wins behind the leaders ... does anyone know if there is a head to head knock out phase in this pool, when the Super Rugby play offs happen?

There should be a head-to-head knockout phase (if I set it up right). Unless I win all of my remaining matchups I don't think I will be involved.....:mad:

I've been doing surprisingly well this year with my team 'Straya although I feel like I've inherited the Waratahs but with Richard Graham as the coach as I slipped down to 8th after last week. Hopefully I can get back on the winners' podium this week!!

I've been doing surprisingly well this year with my team 'Straya although I feel like I've inherited the Waratahs but with Richard Graham as the coach as I slipped down to 8th after last week. Hopefully I can get back on the winners' podium this week!!

Well, I'll certainly be rooting for you as you are up against the cuurent log leader so if you beat him and I beat Gena I could end up in no.1 position again.

Sadly have lost interest in this competition but will play till end of season.
The people behind it is getting lazy and inaccurate, it was gone backwards the last few years

Next year I strongly suggest we move to www.testrugby.com and/or the best one for me is http://fantasyrugbydraft.com

The people behind it is getting lazy and inaccurate, it was gone backwards the last few years

Next year I strongly suggest we move to www.testrugby.com and/or the best one for me is http://fantasyrugbydraft.com

Ag, I'm sure no-one will miind if you sit out just this next fixture?

For me the Foxsports one might not perfectly accurate but I find it sufficient and I just like the balance of scoring and players more enjoyable than testrugby.com. I love the idea of the draft though! Sadly was the only active player in my league so I just didn't bother so have no idea how it plays out though the scoring and players (I mean you choose an entire front row in one!) just feels a bit.. unbalanced.

What I was hoping to organize next year between friends -though it seems I won't be able to get enough interested guys (my friends are mostly nerds uninterested in rugby) - was to arrange 8 'managers' to register at Foxsports fantasy SR next year, get them here on TRF with maybe some regular TRF users or maybe even exclusively TRF users and/or anyone they'd know who be interested, honest and willing to see it through even if they weren't on top. Where was I... get 8 guys here on a thread and then when the site is up we in a snaking order each nominate a player until all players are used up and we can even nominate guys outside of the Foxsports line-up if we are sure they are going to be added later on. It'd take a hell of a lot of time though so everyone will have to get in early but it doesn't need to happen in one evening- and there are ways around this (each manager writes down 200 names in order and an administrator/organiser compares each and assigns the player to the manager who has him ranked highest and eliminates that player from every list and we go on like that until we reach the end of a list). You can then only play with the players you have but you're allowed to trade a player by haggling in the thread. Each manager will know which players are theirs and which are the others' and it's a gentlemans agreement that you stick to it. It'd of course be helpful to register this in a seperate e-mail address to allow you to play the game normally still underh your default registered username. I'm sure I have made it sound much more complex than what it would be in effect. The most important thing is to get 8 interested and dedicated guys early. I'd make it a head-head league to keep interest high throughout.

Last edited:

... Yep, my last year at Fox too ... definitely do the fantasy draft again though, we should create a league next year and make sure we get active players though.

Well, I'll certainly be rooting for you as you are up against the cuurent log leader so if you beat him and I beat Gena I could end up in no.1 position again.

I'll try my best :)

I'm not fussed about the accuracy of the comp, sure it's not perfect but i'm happy to chuck a team together and have a bit of fun.

Accuracy is not the issue, just a game after all
What I dislike is at times they don't even feature players until they play for the seconds week or have players out of position
Not end of the world at all, just better ones out there

Accuracy is not the issue, just a game after all
What I dislike is at times they don't even feature players until they play for the seconds week or have players out of position
Not end of the world at all, just better ones out there

... yes, others are quicker to update too (real time), and the final results are determined more quickly too ... I do get annoyed with the inaccuracies and slowness in updating their injured players ... they are predominantly a sports media website after all - it's not like they don't have access to the info that they need to be more accurate

... If they can't be bothered to put the time in, why should I waste mine?

Right Stormy, ready for a good fight this round?
You need to earn that top spot bud

Right Stormy, ready for a good fight this round?
You need to earn that top spot bud

I again made my 2nd round of transfers before all the teams were released but there is only 1 player I'd have gone a different route so I am not too fussed. At the end of the day the extra cash I get transfwerring early is helping because I can't remember when last I kept a players' price in mind. May the, er.. may I win!

Latest posts