• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fox Sports Fantasy Super Rugby - The TRF League

Yep, it looks like you drew the easy match out of this lot :D ... you've got home ground advantage too (being the higher qualifier), so you should win :D

... anyway, i'll try and make a game of it ... be competitive, and play the whole 160 + minutes :D

It is really anyone's game in the playoffs; it will probably come down to the performance of one or two players. Luckily the Highlanders are out so I don't feel compelled to include (under-performing) Highlanders in my team!

Goeie vrek, it's as tight as I thought it'd be mostly because the teams are looking very similar. Currently behind with 8 points but with 1 more player to play.

Basically:

Owen Franks + Keiran Read + Sean Maitland VS Ryan kankowski + Patrick Lambie + 8 point lead

Jeesh, now I'm ****** that I got rid of Lambie to get Maitland; with Kankowski on the bench I'm sure Franks and Read could've managed it if the outside back was tied but Lambie VS Maitland is a BIG variable!! Go, Maitland!!

It is really anyone's game in the playoffs; it will probably come down to the performance of one or two players. Luckily the Highlanders are out so I don't feel compelled to include (under-performing) Highlanders in my team!

Yep, I guess team similarities are inevitable but our two teams seem to have quite a few different players - at the half way stage I currently have a 107 point deficit to make up ... you have five players still in play, and I have eight (including my captain). Of the remaining players in play, we both have SBW and Dan Carter, so they are effectively no use, and we both have Zac Guildford, who's my captain, so i'm happy for him to score lots of tries :D

The question is:

Is 107 + Kieran Read + Pat Lambie > Zac Guildford + Wyatt Crockett + Willem Alberts + Andy Ellis +Tom Marshall + Sean Maitland

... Should be an interesting finish :)

Yep, I guess team similarities are inevitable but our two teams seem to have quite a few different players - at the half way stage I currently have a 107 point deficit to make up ... you have five players still in play, and I have eight (including my captain). Of the remaining players in play, we both have SBW and Dan Carter, so they are effectively no use, and we both have Zac Guildford, who's my captain, so i'm happy for him to score lots of tries :D

The question is:

Is 107 + Kieran Read + Pat Lambie > Zac Guildford + Wyatt Crockett + Willem Alberts + Andy Ellis +Tom Marshall + Sean Maitland

... Should be an interesting finish :)

Looks like the Crusaders back three didn't perform as well as I hoped, and it doesn't look like I made a big enough dent in that 107 points! :D ... well done Darwin, good luck with the rest of the tournament :D

Looks like the Crusaders back three didn't perform as well as I hoped, and it doesn't look like I made a big enough dent in that 107 points! :D ... well done Darwin, good luck with the rest of the tournament :D

Yeah it looks like I may have won the matchup; I have just under a 50 point lead at this stage, but I will wait for it to be confirmed before I pop open the champagne ;)

Cheers for the match though. It looks like I will be playing Meeks Gold in the semi's next week (who is currently 1st overall in the global standings!) so I'm not overly confident!

Yeah it looks like I may have won the matchup; I have just under a 50 point lead at this stage, but I will wait for it to be confirmed before I pop open the champagne ;)

Cheers for the match though. It looks like I will be playing Meeks Gold in the semi's next week (who is currently 1st overall in the global standings!) so I'm not overly confident!

Wow! ... it doesn't get any easier does it :)

... I guess there's always next year for me ... it could have been all so different for me if it hadn't been for those forward passes at crucial times, poor refereeing decisions, injuries to key players, and the outsorcing of the catering to Suzie the waitress ... not that i'm trying to make excuses or anything :p

Looks like the quarter-finals went according to the seedings. For the semi's we have:

Vuvuzelas v Stormer2010 XV
Meeks Gold v Darwins_Warriors

I've got my team more or less sorted out. I just can't decide who I want to be captain, as I feel this could end up being crucial...

Me too. Although I think I have a bolter or two so the difference will be felt there I guess. May the best team win!

Jeesh, now there's only two teams from to pick from... Good luck, guys; particularly to Meeks Gold; keep that top spot!

Latest posts