• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FOX SPORTS Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Never done one of these before. i joined, hope that's alright.:)

I've signed up my troops. Looking forward to this one.

I see we have an odd round 1 again this year with only 4 SA teams though not the Stormers :(

Anybody know the reason? Going to have to back some Lions players LOL.

Could you add the link mate, struggling a bit finding it.

http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

is what's in my browser

Last edited:
Could you add the link mate, struggling a bit finding it.

The link has been added to the opening post.

Never done one of these before. i joined, hope that's alright.:)

You are more than welcome to play - the more the merrier :)

I've signed up my troops. Looking forward to this one.

I see we have an odd round 1 again this year but with only 4 SA teams though not the Stormers :(

Anybody know the reason? Going to have to back some Lions players LOL.

http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

South Africa's start (and finish) their midyear tests a week later than NZ and Australia. Their last mid-year test (vs Scotland) is on the 28th of June - the the weekend of the 17th round of Super Rugby. Therefore they start a week early, as they are aren't involved in round 17. The Stormers have the bye week 1, which is the worst time to have a bye - at least they will get early points on the board though ;)

The link has been added to the opening post.

You are more than welcome to play - the more the merrier :)

South Africa's start (and finish) their midyear tests a week later than NZ and Australia. Their last mid-year test (vs Scotland) is on the 28th of June - the the weekend of the 17th round of Super Rugby. Therefore they start a week early, as they are aren't involved in round 17. The Stormers have the bye week 1, which is the worst time to have a bye - at least they will get early points on the board though ;)

Ah, thanks for the info. Yep, we seem to be fond of the old week 1 bye; had it last year or the year before as well if I remember correctly. We do have 3 warm up games though so shouldn't be undercooked for round 2 at least.

Round 3 already we travel and play away against all of the Crusaders, Chiefs, Brumbies and Reds.... so those early free points shouldn't be sniffed at I guess! Pity Etzebeth and our upgrade on Gio Aplon; Cheslin Kolbe won't be fit for the tour.

Last edited:
"our upgrade on Gio Aplon; Cheslin Kolbe" lol that is witty :)
Yes we have a bit of a tough draw in the early stages but that can't be controlled and Tootsie did not have to wet his undies last year on this

Please, could we have this stickied? I think people might be missing this.

So I've set up my team and the one thing that struck me is I am not 100% convinced by any of the centers.

In the last while Super rugby has lost all of Kahui, Fourie, Ranger (even though he was listed as an OB ), Ebersohn, SBW, JOC and Conrad Smith is on sabbatical if I'm not mistaken. Makes the pool to pick from tight in the CE dept.

Haven't looked yet but find a 12 that can kick for poles is a viable alternative
Freuen does great then bad but could be considered if he makes the chiefs side
Bulls center pair is potent
There is a few possibilities around

Haven't looked yet but find a 12 that can kick for poles is a viable alternative
Freuen does great then bad but could be considered if he makes the chiefs side
Bulls center pair is potent
There is a few possibilities around

Ja, Lealiifano could possibly kick for goal ahead of Toomua but is injured still; otherwise he'd probably have been the 3rd guy I picked. I don't know about Freuan.. he's big and he has had some great plays but like you said, never consistently and then there is the heart surgery.. I'd be very surprised if he were much better than in previous years.

I am leaning to Serfontein, Ellison (now at the Rebels and they insist to run with the ball as much as the Highlanders) or if he is a regular fixture, Aki. Engelbrecht should get some points as well. Pat McCabe on the come-back?

PS: a good place to visit;
http://fantasyrugbyscout.com/injuries/

Last edited:
Interesting I picked Bryce Hegarty for the Rebels as my back up fly half. when i log in today the player has changed to "UNAVAILABLE" and he's no longer available for selection as a fly half. this is strange as he is likely to be the starting fly half for the rebels this season.

Interesting I picked Bryce Hegarty for the Rebels as my back up fly half. when i log in today the player has changed to "UNAVAILABLE" and he's no longer available for selection as a fly half. this is strange as he is likely to be the starting fly half for the rebels this season.

Ja, I'm a bit ****** that Steve Luatua moved from lock to loose forwad as well. Him in a position that usually doesn't earn well was my first pick despite the heavy price tag (particularly with Etzebeth and Bekker both lost to us T.T). The NZ posters would know better than I do but with Kaino, Braid and Sai'ili there and a lack of quality locks (at least relative to the class the Blues have in the backrow) I wouldn't be surprised to see him play at lock.

So they make those two changes but someone like AAC is still listed as an outside back whereas he'd probably play in the centers and Deon Fourie is listed as a hooker whereas I'd be surprised if he doesn't play in the backrow with Schalk Burger and Siya Kolisi being the ones to alternate off the bench for the Stormers and Scarra Ntubeni to act as 1st choice hooker with Tiaan Liebenberg the back-up.

PS; could an admin please stickie this thread? Pretty please?

Ja, I'm a bit ****** that Steve Luatua moved from lock to loose forwad as well. Him in a position that usually doesn't earn well was my first pick despite the heavy price tag (particularly with Etzebeth and Bekker both lost to us T.T). The NZ posters would know better than I do but with Kaino, Braid and Sai'ili there and a lack of quality locks (at least relative to the class the Blues have in the backrow) I wouldn't be surprised to see him play at lock.

So they make those two changes but someone like AAC is still listed as an outside back whereas he'd probably play in the centers and Deon Fourie is listed as a hooker whereas I'd be surprised if he doesn't play in the backrow with Schalk Burger and Siya Kolisi being the ones to alternate off the bench for the Stormers and Scarra Ntubeni to act as 1st choice hooker with Tiaan Liebenberg the back-up.

PS; could an admin please stickie this thread? Pretty please?

Most likely we will see

6. Luatua
7. Braid
8. Kaino (according to recent reports).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Luatua play a bit at lock - but the coaches have indicated that Tom Donnelly, Liaki Moli and Patrick Tuipulotu will be preferred there - and they're signing another lock to replace Retallick.

Kirwan has said

"Steven] Luatua would be unlikely to start [as lock]. We'd have to be in a bad way for locking stocks. He might play 10 minutes [at lock] to finish games."

http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/288638/rugby-onus-locks-lead-blues

Last edited:
Most likely we will see

6. Luatua
7. Braid
8. Kaino (according to recent reports).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Luatua play a bit at lock - but the coaches have indicated that Tom Donnelly, Liaki Moli and Patrick Tuipulotu will be preferred there - and they're signing another lock to replace Retallick.

Kirwan has said

http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/288638/rugby-onus-locks-lead-blues

Ah, cheers. I was unaware they have Donelly on the books. Blues seem to be building a very nice squad indeed. Pity Ranger left.

Without draft? Each participant can choose the players who want?

Cheers

... I'm back ... and I'm back for another beating :)

I just autopicked my team, and got Dan Carter for my Fly Half ... Isn't he on Sabbatical or something?

I have some questions:

1- Conrad Smith will play Super Rugby this year? Or he will continue his break? Because Richie McCaw had also taken a break but he returned before the agreed time.

2- Who will be the hooker of Reds? Albert Anae or James Hanson?

3- Anyone know if Manuel Carizza has a chance to start in the starting XV of Stormers?

4- I heard that Jerome Kaino could play at number 8 in Blues, that is true?

Cheers

I have some questions:

1- Conrad Smith will play Super Rugby this year? Or he will continue his break? Because Richie McCaw had also taken a break but he returned before the agreed time.
I'm not sure exactly when sabbatical ends, but I think he is expected to play the majority of the Super Rugby season (if not the whole season).

2- Who will be the hooker of Reds? Albert Anae or James Hanson?
I expect Saia Faingaa and James Hanson will share the hookinh duties for the Reds as they have in previous seasons. Albert Anae will cover hooker if either is injured, but I suspect we will see more of him at LH prop this season.
3- Anyone know if Manuel Carizza has a chance to start in the starting XV of Stormers?
I'm sure our South African posters will have a better idea of this, but I would have thought he had a strong chance of starting given Bekker is gone and Etzebeth is currently injured.
4- I heard that Jerome Kaino could play at number 8 in Blues, that is true?

Cheers
Kaino will likely start the majority of games for the Blues this season at 8.

... I'm back ... and I'm back for another beating :)

I just autopicked my team, and got Dan Carter for my Fly Half ... Isn't he on Sabbatical or something?

Yep, he is on sabbatical. He is expected back late in the Super Rugby season, ala Richie McCaw last year...

Last edited:

Latest posts