• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football boots vs Rugby boots

well I really meant miki but the other answers are cool too. so miki what kind of boots do you have?

I mean "soccer" when i say "football"
These are the boots I have:

air-legend-SI-silver-blk2.jpg

[/b]

^ Best rugby boots on the market today.

Sure they are marked for "football" but they are also an excellent rugby shoe, if not the best one out there, the soft kangaroo leather combined with the amazing glove like comfort make them simply the best.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> whats the nameof those red boots cyrmu? [/b]

If you're referring to the 'light boots' he trains in then they are nike mercurial vapour sg
[/b][/quote]

Nike Mercurial Vapour II SG, actually.
:)
[/b][/quote]
Nike Mercurial Vapor II SG, actually ;)

Also, I think the Nike Air Legends are on the verge of being discontinued, to be replaced by the Nike Tiempo Ronaldinho.

Also, I think the Nike Air Legends are on the verge of being discontinued, to be replaced by the Nike Tiempo Ronaldinho.
[/b]

A-ha touche, my boy!

And why would they discontine the Air legends?
I'm gonna have to buy in bulk now, aren't i?
:wall:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

A-ha touche, my boy!

And why would they discontine the Air legends?
I'm gonna have to buy in bulk now, aren't i?
:wall: [/b][/quote]

lol buy in bulk. Yeah, im just gunna go and start buyin my boots in bulk...ill only order 100 pairs for $20000

well I really meant miki but the other answers are cool too. so miki what kind of boots do you have?
[/b]

Nike T90 something, but Im gonna go buy some proper rugby boots this weekend, because my coach said that I should get proper Rugby boots.

it depends if you're a back or a forward. There are a lot of backs getting along with the nike total 90s, they're nicer and good for kicking. The difference between them really comes down to style. I think your coach just doesn't like fancy backs.

There are a lot of backs getting along with the nike total 90s, they're nicer and good for kicking.
[/b]

Nicer?
It's got a big "90" on the side of the boot that makes me think: buck-toothed-brazillian-with-long-hair and Rooney.
I like to disassociate myself with a football image as much as possible....even if i do have a cracking pair of footy boots.

heres the thing the legends are slick and i dont want to wear some ****** boot that has f***in "ronaldinho" on it, who the f*** do nike think they are

oh well looks like ill just go for the new kang leather puma v 1.06 me and twinkle toes shane

Good idea...i've heard Puma are really good in terms of comfort and performance, plus, they look great.

v1-06-sg-2.jpg
v-konstrukt-sg.jpg
V1-06-fg-silver-grass.jpg

images

This does not have ronaldhino written on it. in fact he wears your very prized air legends DC. as for thinking of buck-toothed dread-locked ferrets everytime you look at the wrong boot anyways Cymru, I personally think of guys like Anthony Tuitevake and Nicolas Laharrague who are fairly decent rugby players.

which are basically legends. and the gold and white ones were actually quite spiffy.

which are basically legends. and the gold and white ones were actually quite spiffy.
[/b]
Do you actually know what you're talking about?

These are Ronaldinho's new boots:
PDS002009810.jpg

Yes, they do look a bit like the Air Legends, but they're not. And by "the gold and white ones", did you mean these:
PDS002009635.jpg

or these?:
PDS002009550.jpg

Football boots, and those who wear silver or gold ones are just plain gay. You should buy boots cause they're comfy and pracitcle. Not cause they make you look good. Quite often, people that wear gold boots and all of this modern ballocks are just doing it for the fashion rather than for anything else.

No nonesense front row...that's me.

Plus you'd get ridiculed endlessly for being a prop -a forward even! - for wearing anything but black boots.
We can get away with them. And they're comfy.
I'm happy and doing my job in the backs.
No complaints.

again this is some prejudice against nice boots. Yeah they're flashy, but they are also comfortable.

doesnt the brumbies no 8 wear the new white predators that isaia toeava wear

who says plastics are illegal!?
well, any boots illegal once the studs become sharp.. that's why Refs are supposed to check ur boots before the game.. use Golf shoes!

who says plastics are illegal!?
[/b]

Referees at rugby matches.

They can break, they become sharp, they're generally far more dangerous than metal studs.

Latest posts