• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Converting from 7 to wing and not sure what boots to purchase...

Albuturkey

Academy Player
Country Flag
Portugal
Club or Nation
Stormers
Currently have the adidas malice, they have served me well, but are falling apart and need a new pair of boots.

The following are available by me and in my price range...

Nike Zoom Mercurial Superfly 9 Academy Soft Ground Rugby Boots

Puma Future 7 Match Soft Ground Rugby Boots

adidas Predator League Soft Ground Rugby Boots

am leaning towards the predators..

friends have also been recommending that I get a pair of football boots as they are very light...

thanks for the help.

I understand where you are coming from but my advice would be not to overthink it. Although boot sizes are somewhat standardized different boots/brands have slightly different lasts (shapes). Looking just at weight might be misleading in the sense that sometimes you could end up giving up other things like, dunno, grip or comfort.

I get the thought process: wing==> speed ==> lighter boots. I do. But ask yourself how much difference is that going to make? Imo comfort is paramount, but again, that is very personal.
Maybe another player from the team has those boots/size and you can try them out for a couple of laps or sprints? Not likely, i know, but you've got nothing to lose by asking around or having a look.

Probably not the kind of answer you were looking for. Best of luck.

I mainly wear Adidas Kakari SG's. Decent grip and comfortable. I play 6 or 7 and i definitely have no intention of joining the backs.

I understand where you are coming from but my advice would be not to overthink it. Although boot sizes are somewhat standardized different boots/brands have slightly different lasts (shapes). Looking just at weight might be misleading in the sense that sometimes you could end up giving up other things like, dunno, grip or comfort.

I get the thought process: wing==> speed ==> lighter boots. I do. But ask yourself how much difference is that going to make? Imo comfort is paramount, but again, that is very personal.
Maybe another player from the team has those boots/size and you can try them out for a couple of laps or sprints? Not likely, i know, but you've got nothing to lose by asking around or having a look.

Probably not the kind of answer you were looking for. Best of luck.
Thanks for your input...

I mainly wear Adidas Kakari SG's. Decent grip and comfortable. I play 6 or 7 and i definitely have no intention of joining the backs.
I used to wear kakari's , but once I tried another boot it was crazy how much lighter I felt on the field

Latest posts