• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2015 - Super Rugby

From their admin team:

"
"For this year we are relying in them logging in.

Next year we'll have a notification as well as the ability to write a short note along with your trade request to try and twist their arm."

We've noticed over the years that a high % of trades are just ignored regardless of value. Some managers are just very risk averse. That's why the chat and dialogue box is going to be important. "

@Shaggy, did did you get the proposed transfer request?

Sorry ... yes I did (no email though), but I guess you've got the answer directly from the source anyhow ... sorry, I should have been back on here after I offered to let you know, but life kinda got in the way of my time on the forum :)

P.S ... I am playing Darwin this week ... I think he could use a few more half backs in his squad, as Three isn't enough :)

@Gena ... do you know if they are they accepting suggestions for next year or not ... some reworking of the scoring system might be a good idea, to make it probable that all positions have the potential to score positive points ... maybe also making it a requirement to fill all of the spots in your team each week would be good (it seems to be a safer bet not to have a front row or lock)

Last edited:
Yes they are open to suggestions, find them a bunch of positive and pleasant people to work with.
Sure as this is a young format they want to get it right

Sorry ... yes I did (no email though), but I guess you've got the answer directly from the source anyhow ... sorry, I should have been back on here after I offered to let you know, but life kinda got in the way of my time on the forum :)

P.S ... I am playing Darwin this week ... I think he could use a few more half backs in his squad, as Three isn't enough :)

@Gena ... do you know if they are they accepting suggestions for next year or not ... some reworking of the scoring system might be a good idea, to make it probable that all positions have the potential to score positive points ... maybe also making it a requirement to fill all of the spots in your team each week would be good (it seems to be a safer bet not to have a front row or lock)

Jealous of my halfback supply? ;) I've had to let one go this week if you want him.

Not overly confident this week, as most of my top scoring players aren't playing. Lucky I have the physiological edge over Shaggy, so I may be able to win even without my best side :p

Jealous of my halfback supply? ;) I've had to let one go this week if you want him.

Not overly confident this week, as most of my top scoring players aren't playing. Lucky I have the physiological edge over Shaggy, so I may be able to win even without my best side :p

That's right, I concede that you have the edge over me ... I'll take the under dog status :) ... I don't really mind that you don't feel confident enough in your Half back stocks, that you had to have three of them either :p ... just would like to see a change next year, where you have to field a team each week with no player gaps (even if the player in that position is on a bye), that way, it lessens the number of players you can accumulate that have potential to score the big points.

Good choice in starting Visinia by the way, he had a great game for the Blues, it was just a little unfortunate that Lowe got carded for that foot trip, otherwise you would be in the box seat for our match ... hopefully my outside backs can at least match yours

That's right, I concede that you have the edge over me ... I'll take the under dog status :) ... I don't really mind that you don't feel confident enough in your Half back stocks, that you had to have three of them either :p ... just would like to see a change next year, where you have to field a team each week with no player gaps (even if the player in that position is on a bye), that way, it lessens the number of players you can accumulate that have potential to score the big points.

Good choice in starting Visinia by the way, he had a great game for the Blues, it was just a little unfortunate that Lowe got carded for that foot trip, otherwise you would be in the box seat for our match ... hopefully my outside backs can at least match yours

Damn you James Lowe. That will teach me for trusting a Tasman player :p

I have very limited options in the outside backs as my 2/3 of my usual starters weren't available this week so I had to bring 2 new players in. It could be a close match-up as you say - I've got the runs on the board (oops wrong sport...) but you have all your back three and Barrett to go (+my halfback donation ;) ).

I agree with you that they should change it so you have to field a complete team each weak. The way the scoring is there is little point in having a lock or front-row - you are much better off stock-piling outside backs and 10's....

Damn you James Lowe. That will teach me for trusting a Tasman player :p

I have very limited options in the outside backs as my 2/3 of my usual starters weren't available this week so I had to bring 2 new players in. It could be a close match-up as you say - I've got the runs on the board (oops wrong sport...) but you have all your back three and Barrett to go (+my halfback donation ;) ).

I agree with you that they should change it so you have to field a complete team each weak. The way the scoring is there is little point in having a lock or front-row - you are much better off stock-piling outside backs and 10's....

Yes, there is a strong argument for not including Locks and and front rows if they don't have any real potential to score decent points, or worse, there's a high probability that they'll cost you points, which begs the question, why include them in the draft at all. A change needs to occur that either makes it advantageous to have them (better points), or that it's mandatory to have them ... probably both is the best idea.

Anyway, I've chosen to include them to keep within the "spirit of the game" ... it just not Cricket not to do so ... (oops wrong sport) ;)

... Yes, I certainly have some ground to make up ... Fekitoa and that other Highlanders back ... what's his name ... oh yeah, Ben Smith :) certainly didn't do me any favours ... the sharks goal kicker not getting injured and allowing F. Steyn to take over the kicking duties have also hurt me

50 odd points plus Sias Ebersohn and Ben McCalman's contributions, could make for a very tight finish ... thanks for the Half back by the way, I'd probably feel a bit more excited if he was playing on the wing as he sometimes does though

EDIT - soooo, I'm about 6 points ahead with Sias Ebersohn and Ben McCalman still to play for you, and Hougaard, Willie Le Roux, and the Cheetahs front row for me ... still not confident

EDIT (again) ... I think I might have just snuck in with a win, and the lock and the front row seem to have made the difference ... the Cheetahs front row certainly didn't make it easy for me though, being in the negatives for large portions of the game :)

Last edited:
Yep, it looks pretty close Shaggy. There will still be a few minor changes to the scores before they are finalized, so it is hard to call it either way yet (though you obviously have your nose just in front...). Looks like I chose the wrong halfback to donate to you :)

Yep, it looks pretty close Shaggy. There will still be a few minor changes to the scores before they are finalized, so it is hard to call it either way yet (though you obviously have your nose just in front...). Looks like I chose the wrong halfback to donate to you :)

Yep, still to close to call ... anyway, it was an entertaining match up regardless of who gets the points in the end.

Hopefully those halfbacks will be better next week as neither of them really scored a lot of points, did they

Yep, still to close to call ... anyway, it was an entertaining match up regardless of who gets the points in the end.

Hopefully those halfbacks will be better next week as neither of them really scored a lot of points, did they

Looks like there has been no change to the scoring and you have the 1 point win. Well played! We will hopefully meet again in the playoffs....

Looks like there has been no change to the scoring and you have the 1 point win. Well played! We will hopefully meet again in the playoffs....

Thanks Darwin ... great game, looks pretty promising for both of us in the play offs

... I might even trade you back your halfback for that foot tripping outside back if you like ;)

Some snippets of information I have come to understand of this new competition:

- New players (like Devon Williams of the Stormers) were announced in the media but was not available on the site - every player has unique player code and their data provider will advice them when he is a confirmed starter - so they are not slow, just accurate - me likes
- new things for next year - a notification system to let players know about proposed trades + the ability to write a short note along with your trade request to try and twist their arm; forum to discuss stuff and sure there will be tweaks to the scoring as suggested already

Some snippets of information I have come to understand of this new competition:

- New players (like Devon Williams of the Stormers) were announced in the media but was not available on the site - every player has unique player code and their data provider will advice them when he is a confirmed starter - so they are not slow, just accurate - me likes
- new things for next year - a notification system to let players know about proposed trades + the ability to write a short note along with your trade request to try and twist their arm; forum to discuss stuff and sure there will be tweaks to the scoring as suggested already

Sounds great ... I'm sure if we can get 10 active players, the trading stuff will be great

What I love most is the scoring is live, I get myself refreshing like a Boss all the time
Like current game - Hickey two kicks over -score up by six, Hall 2 clean breaks & nice points, and when someone concedes a turnover or something it goes down again
Laugh at me I am a sucker for this :)

What I love most is the scoring is live, I get myself refreshing like a Boss all the time
Like current game - Hickey two kicks over -score up by six, Hall 2 clean breaks & nice points, and when someone concedes a turnover or something it goes down again
Laugh at me I am a sucker for this :)

Yeah, that was me last weekend against Darwin ... My Daughter was laughing at me, cursing away at various players :)

Yeah, that was me last weekend against Darwin ... My Daughter was laughing at me, cursing away at various players :)

That's great man, had my own race against you two for the top score of the weekend, nothing gained, just self inflicted pleasure

That's great man, had my own race against you two for the top score of the weekend, nothing gained, just self inflicted pleasure

Yeah, you picked the right players last week, for sure ... glad I wasn't playing you :)

Latest posts