• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2015 - Super Rugby

Alofa Alofa!!! Not sure what has happened, but I appear to be winning my match-up with Shaggy now :) I will wait until the scores are finalized before I pop the champagne though....

Alofa Alofa!!! Not sure what has happened, but I appear to be winning my match-up with Shaggy now :) I will wait until the scores are finalized before I pop the champagne though....

Yep, the Alofa Alofa/Ben Smith combo got you through ... congrats :)

Yep, the Alofa Alofa/Ben Smith combo got you through ... congrats :)

Thanks Shaggy - I always had faith I would sneak a victory at the end :unsure:

It is certainly a different scoring system, and one that will take me a while to get used to. Only 4/11 of my players made any meaningful contribution to my total (the Chiefs front-row made a big contribution, just in the wrong direction!) - it would appear that success mainly will depend on the contribution of your outside backs and first-five....

Thanks Shaggy - I always had faith I would sneak a victory at the end :unsure:

It is certainly a different scoring system, and one that will take me a while to get used to. Only 4/11 of my players made any meaningful contribution to my total (the Chiefs front-row made a big contribution, just in the wrong direction!) - it would appear that success mainly will depend on the contribution of your outside backs and first-five....

Yep, I must admit, I wasn't really sure what a high score was, but, looking back, it looks like Israel Dagg was my best individual scorer, with 12.5 points ... are well, hopefully my players will improve next week

EDIT: Looks like the collective coaching staff have got together and decided not to play my name players this week, meaning that I had to trade out Jonny McNicholl, who I see you have managed to grab yourself :)

Last edited:
Yep, I must admit, I wasn't really sure what a high score was, but, looking back, it looks like Israel Dagg was my best individual scorer, with 12.5 points ... are well, hopefully my players will improve next week

EDIT: Looks like the collective coaching staff have got together and decided not to play my name players this week, meaning that I had to trade out Jonny McNicholl, who I see you have managed to grab yourself :)

Just investing for the future ;)

I'm doing ok after the first few games this week, but the Chiefs front-row are playing in 20 mins so I'm getting a bit nervous!

EDIT: Only -2 for the Chiefs front row this week. I can live with that....

Last edited:
Just investing for the future ;)

I'm doing ok after the first few games this week, but the Chiefs front-row are playing in 20 mins so I'm getting a bit nervous!

EDIT: Only -2 for the Chiefs front row this week. I can live with that....

Well my trade for McNicholl (Tevita Li) did pretty well, and I got my first win, so I can't really complain too much ... although I had to start the Brumbies front row, and they contributed -5.4

Suggestions:

1) Let us know when the "trade" window will open every week with a countdown timer - wanted this morning to grab a player and see the window wan't active. Got busy and went back just to see he was grabbed by Shaggy, grrrrrrrrr ;)

2) Also would be great if the login credentials could be cached (using firefox on 2 PC's and does not keep settings)

3) Will there be another "draft" like at the start or are we going to continue in this fashion till the end by swapping players in the available free agent pool?

Thanks, had a bit better round this past week

Suggestions:

1) Let us know when the "trade" window will open every week with a countdown timer - wanted this morning to grab a player and see the window wan't active. Got busy and went back just to see he was grabbed by Shaggy, grrrrrrrrr ;)

2) Also would be great if the login credentials could be cached (using firefox on 2 PC's and does not keep settings)

3) Will there be another "draft" like at the start or are we going to continue in this fashion till the end by swapping players in the available free agent pool?

I can help with a couple of these:

(1) According to the howtoplay section on the website "You can only add, cut and trade players outside of the Gameweek lockdown period. This is from 35 minutes before the first game of the round until the Monday night following at 20:00 New Zealand Standard Time" (http://fantasyrugbydraft.com/howtoplay). 20:00 NZST was almost exactly 2 hours ago by my calculation. So the following weeks trade window opens in exactly 1 week minus 2 hours from now (if that makes any sense)....

(3) There is no more drafts this season, the only way to get new players is to trade or add new players from the free agent pool.

Last edited:
Thanks for number 1 - so I was out with 7 minutes before I had to leave for work - will make a note of this - thanks

on (3) has anyone successfully proposed a trade to any other player?

Thanks for number 1 - so I was out with 7 minutes before I had to leave for work - will make a note of this - thanks

on (3) has anyone successfully proposed a trade to any other player?

Not that I have seen. I haven't tried proposing too many trades yet, but might try proposing some trade this week..

Darwin is all over it with regards (1) and (2) above.

With regards to (3), thanks for letting us know. We tried to achieve this with the 'Remember Me' function but clearly its not working as designed. We'll look into this.

In terms of trades, what we've found in this type of format is that there is usually a flurry of free agent pickups in the first few weeks once squads both fantasy and in reality, settle and then once that pool of players dries up managers start searching for trades. We love trading but it can be difficult at times as venturing into the unknown can make fantasy managers quite risk averse. In Year two we'll be providing a dialogue box along with the trade so you can explain your reasoning for the trade and promote more of a negotiation.

Suggestions:

... Hehe ... yeah sorry, the same thing happened to me last week ... I wasn't sure about the when trading started, and by the time I got to it, Darwin and yourself had got the players I wanted :)

... but fair is fair, the trading starts at around Midnight Sunday night (local time) for me, I guess you can't get a time that can suit everybody though :)

I can see a player grab/show down on the horizon next week ... maybe they could introduce a timer between when you trade players (say 2 minutes), to allow everyone who is logged in at the time, a fair chance to get some of the players they wanted.

I did try to trade two players with some of the other guys, but I withdrew the trades, as I had second thoughts about it ... I might be open to some trading though :)

Sad thing is I let Burgess go cause the Rebels had a bye weekend with the intention to grab him again...
You win some you loose some they say :)

Sad thing is I let Burgess go cause the Rebels had a bye weekend with the intention to grab him again...
You win some you loose some they say :)

Yeah, that's happened with some of my original players too ... are well, my loss is Darw ... er, I mean, someone else's gain ;)

Well I had a complete shocker this week. I got hammered in my match-up by someone who doesn't even appear to actively playing. That's embarrassing....

My front-row pick got in the -ve's for the 3rd week in succession - I think it would be safer if I don't chose a front row next week!

Also learned a lesson, no need to fill every position every week.
Needed a winger and chose someone who made the starting lineup and gave away 3 penalties and a yellow card, minus 9

... I might have to make some hard decisions about some of the "players" (the ones that aren't getting picked to play) soon

... ummmn ... what's up with the points table? ... it says on the "Match up", that Darwin scored 22.8 and Chiefs 2nd XV scored 54.5, but on the "league Table", it shows he has 3 wins, and zero losses?

... call for a public inquiry :D

Last edited:
... I might have to make some hard decisions about some of the "players" (the ones that aren't getting picked to play) soon

... ummmn ... what's up with the points table? ... it says on the "Match up", that Darwin scored 22.8 and Chiefs 2nd XV scored 54.5, but on the "league Table", it shows he has 3 wins, and zero losses?

... call for a public inquiry :D

I don't know what you are talking about Shaggy. I see nothing wrong with the results of the previous round ;) Move along everyone, nothing to see here.....

going on a strike, it says I lost my last round but even Times Media reported I eventually got a win

ok ... I've woken up at stupid o'clock to trade, but can't ... what gives? :D

Latest posts