• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2015 - Super Rugby

I'm in as well (assuming I make the cut).

I'm also a bit irritated by the fact that teams generally look pretty similar from halfway on.

EDIT: for interest sake; what does a 'snake' sequence look like? I am assuming something like if I am 1st in round 1 then it'll go; 1st, 10th, 2nd, 9th, 3rd, 8th... and then repeat?

I think it means that the pick positions are randomised, and that after the first round of picks are completed, the second round is done in reverse order, so the last person to pick in the first round, gets the first pick in the second round (two picks in a row) ... when you get to the end of the second round the picking order reverses again so the person who got the very first pick gets the last one in round two, and the first one in round three ... and so on ... the picking order keeps reversing until everyone's squad is full.

The youtube video explains it in detail

... also I found the tips in the rules useful, ... the fact that it starts in the second week, to avoid just having the South African players available, and also skips the corresponding week, where only the Australian and New Zealand teams are playing, relieves a lot of the "issues" that the "other" fantasy site has :)

In my opinion this is one of the keys to fantasy drafts. I find that new players tend to try and be too clever and 'over-reach' for players they want - there is no point picking a player in the 1st round when you can almost certainly get them in the 7th!

... Great! ... hey everybody! ... Darwin won't be picking Ben Smith until round 7! :D

... Great! ... hey everybody! ... Darwin won't be picking Ben Smith until round 7! :D

Everyone listen to Shaggys wise words. Do not pick Ben Smith in the 1st round. You will easily be able to get him in round 7 ;)

Everyone listen to Shaggys wise words. Do not pick Ben Smith in the 1st round. You will easily be able to get him in round 7 ;)

Hmmmn ... almost believable there Darwin ... except you blew your credibility by using "Shaggy" and "wise" in the same sentence :)

Hmmmn ... almost believable there Darwin ... except you blew your credibility by using "Shaggy" and "wise" in the same sentence :)

I can use those two words in the same sentence. Shaggy is a wise-ass :p

Anyways.... A question (or 2) for Ray Mond. How do we know when the league is full? What happens if we don't get the required 10 players? Also when do we find out the draft order (presumably after the league is full)? Thanks!

Good questions.

If its a public league, you can monitor how many places are left via the public league list. If your league doesn't show in the public league list then its full. If its a private league the commissioner will know when it is full.

If the league doesn't fill its required 10 spots then Fantasy Rugby Draft allocates the remaining seats automatically so you will always have 10. It drafts automatically too based on the preseason rankings.

What you'll tend to see is that leagues with a draft date/time more than a week away fill up quite slowly then when that date gets closer more people join.

Knowing what I know around the response FRD has had, I'd be surprised if you didn't have 10 managers in the Rugby Forum II league.

We had difficulty separating Ben Smith, Izzy Folau and Charles Piutau in the preseason rankings.

I have registered a while back but am still unable to log in, awaiting an e-mail that I never got. Trying to re-register I get a prompt that my e-mail address is already on the system. What is the best thing to do?

Check your Spam filter, it caught their reply on my side

Only a bit over 13 hours to go before the 1st draft - I hope everyone is ready :)

I'd be interested to hear what you all thought of the draft.

Did anyone have a shocker?

What a rush...
Got a bit confused at one stage so got the honors of Sian Eberson from the force, at least he can kick :)
Luckily could pick my 2 dark horses in their first season before they got snatched up

So this is for round 2 right due to the shortened round1?
When do we then pick and/or exchange for round 3?

I'm logged in - where are you?

I was too busy snaring Ben Smith in the draft to comment on the forum.... I felt it was probably a mistake on my part taking Smith over Pat Lambie (given the lack of depth in the flyhalf position), but I have heard that Christian Lealiifano may be back as early as week 3 (so he is probably a massive bargin where I got him). Hopefully I should have 10 covered :). This may not be a big revelation, but I would probably have taken Ben Smith even if I had the first pick ;)

I'd be interested to hear what you all thought of the draft.

Did anyone have a shocker?

I thought the draft went very smoothly (though there were only 3 us online). It would be good if you could personally pre-rank the players before the draft (so if you are offline it would still draft automatically, but based on your personal rankings). Overall I'm very happy... though I probably just saying that as I got Ben Smith ;)

Last edited:
@Darwin - Arno Botha was carried off today in warm up game - looks like another serious knee injury - bad luck for him and your pick man

@Darwin - Arno Botha was carried off today in warm up game - looks like another serious knee injury - bad luck for him and your pick man

Bugger! Thanks for letting me know - I will wait and see how serious it is before I dump him.

I'm pretty happy, but it didn't quite go the way I thought it would ... it was really quite quick.

Like Darwin said, it was a pity the others weren't on line as you could tell which players you weren't going to get in advance

I thought I'd done my homework, but I already have a couple of players that I've proposed trading

PS - Darwin, you didn't snare Ben Smith ... I let you have him ;) ... good to see Gena and I are in the number 1 conference ... while you Darwin, are a number 2 :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy, but it didn't quite go the way I thought it would ... it was really quite quick.

Like Darwin said, it was a pity the others weren't on line as you could tell which players you weren't going to get in advance

I thought I'd done my homework, but I already have a couple of players that I've proposed trading

PS - Darwin, you didn't snare Ben Smith ... I let you have him ;) ... good to see Gena and I are in the number 1 conference ... while you Darwin, are a number 2 :)

Your just happy your not in the same conference as me so you don't have to face my wrath as often ;)

Also Shaggy I'm a bit annoyed at you for taking Johnny McNicholl - I was all prepared to get him then you stole him from me. Perhaps you would like to trade him for Arno Botha? I hear he is really good.....

EDIT: Just looked at matchups and saw I play Shaggy in week 1. It is always good to have a nice easy start to ease to the season :p

Last edited:
Your just happy your not in the same conference as me so you don't have to face my wrath as often ;)

Also Shaggy I'm a bit annoyed at you for taking Johnny McNicholl - I was all prepared to get him then you stole him from me. Perhaps you would like to trade him for Arno Botha? I hear he is really good.....

EDIT: Just looked at matchups and saw I play Shaggy in week 1. It is always good to have a nice easy start to ease to the season :p

Yep, better get me before I know what I'm doing :) ... Jonny McNicholl is up for trade for the right player ... Arno sounds like he might not be that player though :)

I am in TRFII. Would have loved to get in on the earlier action. I certainly hope more than 3 players pitch up for the draft in my league. THAT's THE WHOLE POINT isn't it?!!

Latest posts