• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2015 - Super Rugby

Reposting

What a rush...
Got a bit confused at one stage so got the honors of Sian Eberson from the force, at least he can kick :)
Luckily could pick my 2 dark horses in their first season before they got snatched up

So this is for round 2 right due to the shortened round1?
When do we then pick and/or exchange for round 3 and how does this put a player up for transfer work please?

That is frustrating when managers don't pitch up to the draft. It can make it go pretty quick. I guess life gets in the way sometimes...

The team you have drafted is for the whole season. FRD 20XIV starts in Round 2 of the Super Rugby competition. The first full round of games.

You can ADD players though that aren't owned by anyone (Free Agents) or TRADE one of your players with another Rugby Forum manager in the league. You just have to figure out where other managers might have a weakness/need.

Hi, is there any way to see how the system autoranks the players prior to the actual draft? Or at least to see in which positions you have them placed?

The rankings from which the autodraft rules are based are in the DRAFTING 101 page.

The autodraft rules themselves are in the How to Play section but basically it selects the highest ranked player for a vacant starting position.

okay, we did the draft and it was fun, sorry for being stupid but is that it. We did our selections for the whole competition.
No more drafting sessions? how do one manage you teams in regards to bye weekends, injuries, under performers and later semi's and finals?

Aware one can put a player up for transfer a wangle a deal with another manager

Thanks for clarification

The rankings from which the autodraft rules are based are in the DRAFTING 101 page.

The autodraft rules themselves are in the How to Play section but basically it selects the highest ranked player for a vacant starting position.

Thanks!

No need to apologise, its a new format for a lot of people.

The draft really is just the start. Quite often the team you drafted can look remarkably different than your final team. You need to manage your team each week to deal with all of those scenarios you outlined by adding, cutting and trading players. Hopefully your bench can cover for a few injuries etc so you just need to bench the player in question and start someone from your bench for that Gameweek.

Adding players who aren't owned by anyone else in your league (Free Agents) is where you can make up ground on your other league mates.

I recommend having a good read of the How to Play on the site. It explains it much better than my effort here!

So who is in TRF II?

I am getting my planning done right now.. for what it's worth

Last edited:
So I was the only single fool who pitched up for this draft in TRF II.

Was placed 8th, got Ben Smith, Julian Savea (all while not worrying about FH because there's Boshoff who I expect to be a dark horse and Lealiifano for later) and then I realised.. what was the point of playing something like this against what comes down to 9 AI 'managers'...? So I f'ed off.

Really disappointed but I suppose that's what you get in an open league. I do really like the draft concept though and I'll see if I can get 10 mates together to give this a try if I can even if I would prefer a scoring system that does not essentially ignore forward play.

So I was the only single fool who pitched up for this draft in TRF II.

Was placed 8th, got Ben Smith, Julian Savea (all while not worrying about FH because there's Boshoff who I expect to be a dark horse and Lealiifano for later) and then I realised.. what was the point of playing something like this against what comes down to 9 AI 'managers'...? So I f'ed off.

Really disappointed but I suppose that's what you get in an open league. I do really like the draft concept though and I'll see if I can get 10 mates together to give this a try if I can even if I would prefer a scoring system that does not essentially ignore forward play.

It is very disappointing no-one turned up to the draft - that is the best part of the game. I certainly takes all the fun away when you are the only one in the league actively playing!

I'm happy to be involved if you are keen to start a private draft (assuming you are planning on doing an online draft?), though like you I'm not convinced about the scoring system (though perhaps that is simply because it is unfamiliar to me...).

Last edited:
That is very frustrating when you are drafting alone. As you say, this is one of the fun parts of Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Very much understand the hesitancy towards the scoring system. It is new and the focus is a little different than the other fantasy products on the market who appear to favour hookers for example. We wanted to focus on the attacking side of play, either forwards or backs, whilst still rewarding outstanding defensive performances e.g. turnovers won, tackle bonuses and lineout steals.

All that said, this is year one. We will evaluate the scoring system at the end of the season to make sure we haven't devalued any position.

That is very frustrating when you are drafting alone. As you say, this is one of the fun parts of Fantasy Rugby Draft.

Very much understand the hesitancy towards the scoring system. It is new and the focus is a little different than the other fantasy products on the market who appear to favour hookers for example. We wanted to focus on the attacking side of play, either forwards or backs, whilst still rewarding outstanding defensive performances e.g. turnovers won, tackle bonuses and lineout steals.

All that said, this is year one. We will evaluate the scoring system at the end of the season to make sure we haven't devalued any position.

Well, I certainly think focussing the way you do on attack makes much sense in that it rewards the more 'visible' aspects of play and I can appreciate the broader market is not at all as interested in the 'work horse' aspects of rugby as all the line breaks, tries, defenders beaten etc.

Well this game sucks :(

1 game into the first round and I'm well into the negatives!

One of the guys in my oldest league drafted the Chiefs Front Row and Dominic Bird.

Its fair to say he echos your sentiments.....

Well this game sucks :(

1 game into the first round and I'm well into the negatives!

Yeah, that's a shame ... who are you playing again :D

Seriously though, you still have most of your high profile players still yet to play, so you'll probably turn it around

Yeah, that's a shame ... who are you playing again :D

Seriously though, you still have most of your high profile players still yet to play, so you'll probably turn it around

Just giving you a chance ;)

I have a few players left, but I think it would be very difficult for me to catch up, especially as you will be getting another 10 points from le Roux and I will get nothing from my Bulls players. Looks like I will need a 50 point game from Ben Smith :)

Bugger man, just yesterday I took Blydendaal as he was available, thought the young man had the ideal opportunity to impress...
Like the format though, have some players than could do well today

Just giving you a chance ;)

I have a few players left, but I think it would be very difficult for me to catch up, especially as you will be getting another 10 points from le Roux and I will get nothing from my Bulls players. Looks like I will need a 50 point game from Ben Smith :)

Well, all of my outside backs have now played, and you still have all three in play, so anything could happen - plus I have Richard Buckman, which you say is a liability :)

... maybe he can get on the end of a few Ben Smith passes (I can get the try points, and you can get the assists :)

Bugger man, just yesterday I took Blydendaal as he was available, thought the young man had the ideal opportunity to impress...
Like the format though, have some players than could do well today

A fairly reasonable pick, I would have thought ... who knows when he'll get another chance now though.

Last edited:
Good news: I'm out of the negatives.
Bad news: I'm still 25 points behind, and only have two players left to play (Shaggy has three... if you count the front-row as a single player). Hopefully the entire Sharks front-row gets sent off :)

Latest posts