• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] England vs New Zealand 16/11/13

Sounds like Woodcock has pulled a hamstring - that would mean Crockett will come on. I'm genuinely worried about winning the game if Crockett scrums like he has in recent weeks (England will probably just start knocking-on on purpose...).

England are a fit Manu Tuilagi and a good 12 away from winning this game comfortably, which is scary!

I would certainly take Manu and Barritt over these two but they are going to need to dig up at least another two if only to cover injuries ahead of RWC15...do not think 36 or Tomkins are even good as replacements

cant believe the criticism of Joubert by kiwis on here, as IMO he has been spot on so far.

I can see the headlines if England nick this:

Suzie - no.
Norovirus - no.
Bad Ref - er....yep that's it the effing Ref dun'us. :rolleyes:

36 is a good 12. I'd say we need a 10 who gives him good ball.
I called him a **** player undeserving of a Lions spot last week but he has been very good this week and I'm starting to think he was limited by Farrell's inability to run a backline in the past. I think Flood might be a good call right now.
Marler has been lucky as far a scrum decisions are going. He's been mashed.

Last edited:
I've never heard Barnes sound so depressed as then.
I think it's because Ashton's kick was the wrong choice, and he couldn't spin it in any positive light.

It is interesting that this England side can hang close to a full strength AB side. I'd like to see them with Yarde/Wade as the wings and 36/Tuilagi as the midfield.

It is interesting that this England side can hang close to a full strength AB side. I'd like to see them with Yarde/Wade as the wings and 36/Tuilagi as the midfield.

That would leave one hell of a lot of defending to 36 and Brown as those two and Manu can't defend!

Brown will feel that tomorrow!

Hartley doesn't look steady on his feet, think he threw up as well? - should get Youngs on, I think.

Someone just literally wrapped up and tackled the player trying to tackle 36 after he fielded the ball off the post.

I hate how bad rugby is with head injuries. God its stupid, you can't have a player wobbling around drunk on the field playing...

Someone just literally wrapped up and tackled the player trying to tackle 36 after he fielded the ball off the post.

Yep, that was a pretty obvious penalty missed by the ref....

EDIT: Crockett you useless *******. Seriously why is he still in the AB's?

That would leave one hell of a lot of defending to 36 and Brown as those two and Manu can't defend!

Really? I admit I'm not too knowledgeable on the English game but they can't be THAT bad? I'd take the chance over seeing countless knock ons and aimless back line play.

Obstruction in the tackle all over the show from england this is and absolute disgrace!! And then a penatly to farrell over nothing. This is getting beyond a joke.

I called him a **** player undeserving of a Lions spot last week but he has been very good this week and I'm starting to think he was limited by Farrell's inability to run a backline in the past. I think Flood might be a good call right now.
Marler has been lucky as far a scrum decisions are going. He's been mashed.

I think he's been poor today. England have set out an incredibly simple gameplan for the backs where they run hard and straight and retain possession against the All Blacks so they can bully them up front and it has been working, but Twelvetrees is continuously cutting inside against the grain which allows the All Blacks to slow the ball down even more so than they're already doing.

Mike Brown has been outstanding.
Twelvetrees has been much improved this 2nd half - especially his rush defence, he is cutting players down left right and centre. Tom Youngs, too.

Really? I admit I'm not too knowledgeable on the English game but they can't be THAT bad? I'd take the chance over seeing countless knock ons and aimless back line play.
They aren't, Tony is just echoing tired old cliches.
He'll start saying Tuilagi can't pass, and Wilkinson only kicks in a minute.

Last edited:
Farrell is starting to grow into this to his credit. Nice hard hits.

I think he's been poor today. England have set out an incredibly simple gameplan for the backs where they run hard and straight and retain possession against the All Blacks so they can bully them up front and it has been working, but Twelvetrees is continuously cutting inside against the grain which allows the All Blacks to slow the ball down even more so than they're already doing.
36 poor? Right well you're wrong.

This match is a joke. So much obstruction from England and so many off sides. Yet AB's get penalized. I don\t usually complain but this is shocking.

This is hopeless by the AB's. We can't seem to put two passes together.

Latest posts