• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] England vs New Zealand 16/11/13

So the scrum is allowed to wheel past 90 and no control of the ball at the back and try? Lucky try imo. They probably deserved it though.

Think you are being hard on the RL players...............felt Ashton did little wrong for the first try and that pass to Tomkins was ridiculouly hard!! Neither is international material at the moment I would concede.................

What an absolute nothing yellow card. NZ almost snaffled the ball before read went in from the side..... very dubious.

Joubert is turning into a real cock... since when does any team get penalised for that.... everybody does it.

Argh, yellow for Read. We need to sort out what we are doing at the breakdown, as we are getting hammered by the ref...

EDIT: Tompkins is brilliant for us.

What an absolute nothing yellow card. NZ almost snaffled the ball before read went in from the side..... very dubious.
I agree that by itself it's not a yellow but Read did go in at the side (as you said) and McCaw was warned at the previous penalty that the next would be a yellow.

Surprise surprise, Tomkins knocks on.

Joubert is turning into a real cock... since when does any team get penalised for that.... everybody does it.

No.....the ABs have been getting away with it for too long...............he is after all a SH ref but he gave the yellow for persistent infringement anyway!

No.....the ABs have been getting away with it for too long...............he is after all a SH ref but he gave the yellow for persistent infringement anyway!

England are getting all the rub of the green in this match and still dont look like beating us... just saying. This is by far the worst performance by joubert iv ever seen he's usually pretty good.

How different would it be if Tuilagi was playing this match instead of Tomkins...

Finally the ref penalises an English player for not releasing.... we really needed that too.

We have looked sharp at times with ball in hand, but England have dominated possession and territory, and we are getting hammered by the ref at the breakdown. England's lineout looks pretty handy too, while the scrums are hard to read (I'm not sure which side keeps wheeling it). The key for the AB's in the 2nd half: get the ball into Tomkins hands!

I agree that by itself it's not a yellow but Read did go in at the side (as you said) and McCaw was warned at the previous penalty that the next would be a yellow.

In fairness that last one was at his upper thighs. He should be catching these passes, but he shouldn't be asked to. Very weird that team club mates should look like they've never met each other before on international day.

English scrum doing really well, backs are awful and ABs looking for the end of tough season/ref/food poisioning excuse for their poor showing.....There is a lot of promise for England but they really need to dig out a decent loosehead, centres and wings!

Think we're lucky to still be in touch - defence is a mess for the most part, forwards are definitely keeping us in this - backs are a mess, generally. Brown, and to a lesser extent Foden, are going well - would've said 36 but for his infront of the kicker penalty.

We have definitely stepped up since the 2nd NZ try, though. Looked like they'd really run away with it then, but we've come back at them a bit.

He did get a hospital ball for one of them but im not defending him, his been poor and hasn't made the transition to international level. More annoyed then ever that there's nothing to replace him. Only Flood and moving Farrell...

Otherwise, just do an Argentina and dont pass it out wide please! Hopefully Tomkins pulls his socks up and repays that half. Plus we've did well there.

Looking forward to Youngs and Morgan coming.

Ok so England apparently have the benefit of the ref in Australia game, Argentina game and now the ABs are *****ing about the ref? Seriously the ABs have been getting away with all sorts of infringements at the breakdown and after having a blatant try denied, I don't see how any New Zealander can really say NZ have been hard done by. Your team were warned that another infringement at the breakdown would be a yellow then your player goes and does something stupid like that.

English pack are carrying an uncreative average backline. Farrell is throwing hospital passes to his centres. Ball has got nowhere near the wings. Twelvetrees hasn't been bad, carrying well. Tomkins doesn't look International standard to my mind. Ashton has been crap. He hasn't had anything to work with to be fair but his defensive alignment is embarrassing. English backrow has been outstanding. Lawes has been immense. Vunipola making huge carries and also managing to place the ball back and retain possession. Hartley's throwing hasn't been great but he's been good in the loose. English lineout pods are working very well to win their ball.
Very entertaining match this.

England have done a great job getting back into the game after a poor start. It seems very physical too, maybe attrition will play a part and I look forward to Morgan coming on even though Binny has been awesome making ground every carry. Come on boys!!!!

NZ deserve their lead with some good running rugby to disect Englands defence. But instead of folding, England have come back and are looking good to go in at HT 16-20 down.
Disallowed Try was a pain, but understandable. I think Owens saying it was down and then to see a same movement drive indicates a Try, but thankfully they got the second with some excellent reffing by Joubert. IMO he has had a good game so far and doesnt seem to have missed a thing.
Unlucky for Read because his yellow was for a pre-warning by the ref of continous infringing at the breakdown. Good reffing.

Tomkins is the weak link at the moment and it makes me wonder where all this hype about superiour ball-handling, running lines and offloads that is always said about League. So far i'd rather have Brad Barritt back, at least he can catch.

Game on.

Latest posts