• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

How many Calcutta cups have England won in the last six years?
Not many, yet we actually write ourselves off quite a lot recently unlike yourselves who big yourself up to failure pretty much every year.
Scottish Rugby GIF by Guinness Six Nations

That is interesting from Ford- that's the first time we're hearing a bit of brutal honesty about things behind the scenes and the first person to lift the lid in terms of suggesting this "tight group" we hear from SB and KS actually may be a lot further from clicking than is suggested. By which I mean they can't even get it right in training, let alone the games.

This is a big narrative change from what we've been hearing. I hope Ford and more people blow the lid on this and call for a reset.

There is nothing to lose.
Maybe we misheard, and SB & KS think the squad are close to clique-ing

It's the systems as much as the tackling - defense coach isn't the reason Malins got flattened, but is the reason we're disorganised and our line is crap and we fall apart on multi phases and/or breaks/offloads
Who's doing the bollocking though? Can't see Borthwick doing it, especially as he's the one who brough KS into this environment

No way there's any coaching changes until post RWC at the earliest

If it's still a shambles post RWC I could maybe see someone stepping down (KS? RW?) - it's gotta be an unpleasant environment to be coaching in even if you do believe you can make a difference, they might want to go back to club rugby to keep learning their craft rather than be under the microscope so much
If it is a group stage exit I fail to see how the RFU could justify keeping steve borthwick around, would be a massive pie in the face after the pay out to get him but that is just to much of an embarrasement surely.

Saying that, nothing the RFU do would surprise me.

Last edited:
Is it bad, that the current **** show has me thinking maybe clive should be brought back, not because I think he is actually good, but because it would mean at least mercer and radwan would get picked.

He also has Watson at 15 who is injured

I like the deep blue and burgundy stash and will 100% be buying them in the sales in the next 6 months or so. Shame I won't be proud to wear them
Yeah, probably same tbf - gotta wait for the embarrassment to die down before I can be a public fan again