• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

I mean... i know its experimental but Pearon, J Willis, T Willis would be a fun backrow.

This is mad, they've been bigging him up all week on all the socials

Is he injured?
God Knows.... I mean I know we are gifted in backrow but feels a stretch. Clearly Martin is being considered for the row and Ludlham/Earl/T Willis/Pearson/Dombrandt have been picked over Mercer.

I don't get the logic but not much we can do.

Still not quite sure how Jonny May is still in this squad....

Gives up a big money contract in France and commits to living in/playing for Gloucester...and doesn't even make the squad

Gives up a big money contract in France and commits to living in/playing for Gloucester...and doesn't even make the squad
Yeah its an odd shout. I'd love to see the statistics of T Willis, Earl, Pearson, Ludlham and Mercer against each other. See if there is any statistical logic we can see.

I have to say delighted for Tom though. After the year Jack and Tom have had and Tom being so close and losing their childhood club, will be great to hopefully see them train together and play together again.

Feel like the appreciation for the family bond will be focused on for England's next inside line.

Mercer's stats are pretty nuts, he broke the Top 14 carrying record this season - a record previously held by...himself

Scotland will absolutely be blowing up his phone RN

Just realised no Mitchell as well, so we've got Youngs, Care, JvP

wtf is going on at Pennyhill park?

Mercer's stats are pretty nuts, he broke the Top 14 carrying record this season - a record previously held by...himself

Scotland will absolutely be blowing up his phone RN
TBF i did he that Zacky McMercer recently qualified for Scotland but also Zack De Mercer had a long lost french grandmother and his cat was french called Jacques

Eddie Borthwick at it with Mercer.
Called it with Theo Dan though happy for him.

Mercer off suggests that Billy IMO will come in
Walker, Chessum, Vunipola x 2 and Lawrence all training with England and the fact that LCd is cut due to not being fit enough suggests those 5 will be and therefore I see them all coming into the squad potentially.

Back row will be interesting if he does plan on bringing Chessum and Billy in. I can see him keeping Chessum or Martin as 6 cover
4. Itoje, Martin
5. Chessum, Hill,
6. Lawes, Pearson
7. Curry, J.WIllis,
8. Vunipola, Dombrandt/Earl/T.Willis

I feel for Billy to make it this far he's not going to leave him behind.

Just to cnfirm....is this the actual finnished confirmed World Cup training squad...or another "get together" whilst maybe others have a rest or are rehabbing or somthing?

1. Genge, Marler, VRR, Rodd (Mako)
2. George, Blamire, Dan (Walker)
3. Sinckler, Stuart, Cole
4. Itoje, Martin
5. Hill, Ribbans (Chessum)
6. Lawes, Underhill, Ludlam
7. Curry, J. Willis, Pearson
8. Dombrandt, T.Willis, Earl (Billy)
9. Youngs, JVP, Care
10. Farrell, Ford, Smith
11. May, Murley, Cokanasiga
12. Tuilagi, Porter (Crash balls?) With Faz playmaking option (Lawrence)
13. Slade, Marchant, Daly
14. Watson, Malins,
15. Steward, Arundell

I feel like Borthwick is going to go with as many crashball options in the backs I feel like Cokanasiga will make it.
God we are going to have a backline of
9. Youngs, 10. Farrell,
12. Manu, 13. Slade
11. May, 14. Watson, 15. Steward

Aren't we.

what year is it GIF

We're gonna play

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Slade
14. Watson
15. Steward

and kick the absolute f**k out of the ball all tournament
Was Borthwick ever going to do anything else.

Updated:

IN: Farrell, Daly, Dan, Earl, George, Itoje, Malins (Sarries), T Curry, Tuilagi, Hill, Rodd, Ford (Sale), T Willis (Bordeaux), J Willis (Toulouse)

Out: Mercer, Dingwall, Feeman, F Smith, Dunn Ewels, Hayes, T Hill,
Was just about to like this post as im pretty damn happy with the ins and not bothers about the outs....then i seen Mercer's out...without even getting a chance, all i can think is its to give TWillis time in camp and see what he's about with only so many spots.

Was just about to like this post as im pretty damn happy with the ins and not bothers about the outs....then i seen Mercer's out...without even getting a chance, all i can think is its to give TWillis time in camp and see what he's about with only so many spots.

I mean this is the last camp he can't make any changes again till the actual 33 man squad I believe outside injuries

Just re-read the RFU article and it states 'official wc training squad'. Guess that means no mercer after all that hype which is odd and yet T Willis comes in although he may be dropped again soon.

Latest posts