• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Just got back.

WOOOO HOOOOOO

Absolutely loved it, Mears, Croft, Worsley, Flutey & Cueto all had cracking games. But wait for it:

Armatige > Kearney. My case well and truly rested after this weekend/ 6N/ season/ lifetime.

Having said that, this doesn't suddenly mean England are amazing. France were abysmal. What it does show is some positive steps in terms of how we attack, and we seem to have got an appetite for a fight back.

After a season of conservative experimentation, however, we've only uncovered Armatige and perhaps Croft/ Flutey as potential international gems. We can't exactly build on the fact that Shaw and Tindall have played well, given as how they're both nearing retirement.

Anyway, work to be done, but a good positive springboard.

I LOVE watching England matches on BBC. The commentary is hilarious.
They have official analysts in every metre of the stadium (most of who are ex-English playes like Dallalgio).
The bias shown is unbelievably funny. Everytime a decision went against England it was a horrible decision by the ref.
There's some idiot they keep showing mid-match who analyzes all this litle meaningless stuff that England have done and he over-uses the word "brilliant".
In all BBC waste f*** heaps of money on their stupid bias analysis and commentating.

Quote of the day - "Brilliant by Goode. He was thinking about kicking that before he did. He just thought 'kick'."

Croft was showing he class long before this Six Nations. Against Australia, he scared the willies out of Mortlock and Giteu so much by chasing them down every time that I bet they still look over their shoulders on the way home from the pub back home on 'Oz, expecting the Leicestershire Terminator and the "Ba-da-da-da-DUM" Terminator music.

Bottom line, we already knew Croft was awesome on the international stage. We just needed to be sure Flutey and Kennedy were as well. We know now that this is the case ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 15 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They have official analysts in every metre of the stadium (most of who are ex-English playes like Dallalgio).
The bias shown is unbelievably funny. Everytime a decision went against England it was a horrible decision by the ref.
There's some idiot they keep showing mid-match who analyzes all this litle meaningless stuff that England have done and he over-uses the word "brilliant".
In all BBC waste f*** heaps of money on their stupid bias analysis and commentating.

Quote of the day - "Brilliant by Goode. He was thinking about kicking that before he did. He just thought 'kick'."[/b]

you can tell England have played well, we've missed all these pointless celtic whingers for the past year.

was more fun watching the French feeling sorry for themselves, would love to have seen what they made of it on RTÉ

The french are used to this form. They can beat anyone on their day, but most other days they just beat themselves. Rugby is rugby. A lot of the game is about confidence and who actually turns up on the day hungry.

Note that France are coming off a big win vs Wales and that England have a point to prove, and this is what has caused this mismatch scoreline. France's workrate and urgency was poor, they laboured at best.. whilst England was hungry enough to show-up poor old france and grabbing the opportunities with both hands. England simply dominated France and used their possession for points.

Good win for England, i would say let's build from here.. but i'm sure in a couple of games time, if not next week it'll be back to square one, fists banging on desks when Vickery gives away 7 penalties, gets binned and the daftness returns.

Vickery only gave away 3 penalties according to scrum.com, thought it was more than that.

I'm just waiting for someone to write about England's discipline somewhere tomorrow, Shaw and Vickery lucky not to be carded given the penalty count against them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 15 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Note that France are coming off a big win vs Wales and that England have a point to prove, and this is what has caused this mismatch scoreline. France's workrate and urgency was poor, they laboured at best.. whilst England was hungry enough to show-up poor old france and grabbing the opportunities with both hands. England simply dominated France and used their possession for points.[/b]

Beeing hungry does not explain everything. Difference beetween our victory against Walles and English one today is not only due to a giant appetite but also because England had been able to planify, build and realise their plan. Their combinaisons were superb, and our defence on linouts direct attacks is getting more and more miserable, just seems that we're just playing a training opposition role for teams to test combinaisons.

We won 2 weeks ago only because we were hungry, now we have the proof

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 1 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who is the referee for this one? If France don't completely implode and England are reffed fairly can't look past an away win.[/b]

France were poor, but Dickheadson played his part, f***ing awful, Vickery and him must be best mates!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 16 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Quote of the day - "Brilliant by Goode. He was thinking about kicking that before he did. He just thought 'kick'."[/b]

Oh brother what a f***ing moron, I can recall numerous occasions in the first half where Moore was critical of the penalties that France had apparently commited. BBC is funded by British taxpayers, of which the vast majority are English, if some paddy with a chip on his shoulder doesnt like it tough **** - dont watch it and stick to your own **** poor channels.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ashton @ Mar 15 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 16 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh brother what a f***ing moron, I can recall numerous occasions in the first half where Moore was critical of the penalties that France had apparently commited. BBC is funded by British taxpayers, of which the vast majority are English, if some paddy with a chip on his shoulder doesnt like it tough **** - dont watch it and stick to your own **** poor channels.
[/b][/quote]

get down off your high horse will you and stop being so precious :rolleyes:

I love the 6 Nations. There's nothing quite like like an international rugby tournament to get all and every fan from the home nations to start a magnificent cock-waving contest amongst each other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ashton @ Mar 15 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 16 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yep there **** poor. Still there miles better than what you've got over in the states there Buddy!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Mar 16 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ashton @ Mar 15 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yep there **** poor. Still there miles better than what you've got over in the states there Buddy!!!
[/b][/quote]

Hmm seems I havent been on here for that long I need to change that location thing, back in good old England now...

Precious pfft whatever :lol:

Latest posts