• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Congratulations on playing Italy with a flanker at scrum half and arguably the worst French performance in the pro era? ;)

I'm not a bitter Celt or Teh Mite but to be fair, a lot of our tries came from the goodness of Nick Mallet's heart.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England are now the top try scorers for this nations. Any bitter Celts(or England haters like Teh Mite) like to comment?[/b]

Oh dear... Oh dear, oh dear....

Pub Lunch was it?

I like how if we hammer France, they were ****, nothing to do with a fine performance by England. After Ireland beat France at home everyone was saying how great the Irish were. The problem with TRF is there are so few English who regularly comment they end up being brainwashed by the Celtic masses. The comments by Hall and Mite backing this fact up. Am I the only proud Englishman on this forum? If thats the case I will battle on alone with "swing Low" ringing in my ears!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like how if we hammer France, they were ****, nothing to do with a fine performance by England. After Ireland beat France at home everyone was saying how great the Irish were. The problem with TRF is there are so few English who regularly comment they end up being brainwashed by the Celtic masses. The comments by Hall and Mite backing this fact up. Am I the only proud Englishman on this forum? If thats the case I will battle on alone with "swing Low" ringing in my ears![/b]
Yup, there's your problem. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like how if we hammer France, they were ****, nothing to do with a fine performance by England. After Ireland beat France at home everyone was saying how great the Irish were. The problem with TRF is there are so few English who regularly comment they end up being brainwashed by the Celtic masses. The comments by Hall and Mite backing this fact up. Am I the only proud Englishman on this forum? If thats the case I will battle on alone with "swing Low" ringing in my ears![/b]

do you expect us to delude ourselves though by saying that the French were in any way impressive, fact is they played well in Dublin, today they were woeful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Truth be told Danny... France were ****.

I was having a laugh at their expense.

Very good performance from England who put the french to the sword in the first 40 B)

You're not the only proud Englishman on here mate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Mar 15 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truth be told Danny... France were ****.

I was having a laugh at their expense.

Very good performance from England who put the french to the sword in the first 40 B)

You're not the only proud Englishman on here mate.
[/b][/quote]

tad more realistic that.

I'm not brainwashed at all.

Are you denying the fact that we were handed a hatful of tries by the most ridiculous selection ever when we played Italy?

I've not said anything about today. Granted the French were poor but we did play well.

As for being a proud Englishman, its not as if I did anything to be born here, is it? Why would I be proud of where my Mother was when she gave birth to me?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 15 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As for being a proud Englishman, its not as if I did anything to be born here, is it? Why would I be proud of where my Mother was when she gave birth to me?[/b]
Because it'll be with you for the rest of your life (you poor, poor sod :D :p.)

Well done England, capitalizing superbly on our errors and standing firmly as our bogey team now. It will be very hard to beat you guys in the next matches with that immense psychological advantage you just took. Armitage is pure class, it was a pleasure to watch him play even if he spanked our frog asses for 80 minutes with a smile on his face.
I'm really getting tired of this from france. I wanted to believe that the way we are never able to play two good games consecutively could be changed, as everybody here is aware of that fact. I hoped we would find motivation anyway, but we were ******** our pants right when we entered the field, you could see it on our faces.
Now to save the tournament let us beat the crap out of Italy to start earning confidence again.

:bravo: The English, hope you lose to Scotland, but I believe you won't

I watched Sarries just before this match - length of the pitch try, comic book comeback against Bath - and thought that would be as good a laugh as I'd get all day.

England showed they're a dangerous team with plenty of wit. They still need a good scrum half and a consistent leader. Danger is the media and fans will think there's not much more Johnson has to learn.

No comment on France.

Good performance from England today, absolutely woeful and lacklustre from France. England kept the rugby basic and did it well and that was enough to completely baffle France.. certainly it was enough to baffle me when they could actually catch a ball and keep their discipline.

Didn't see the ping-pong today much either.. was amazed at the half-time score.. but this is test rugby, if you come out and play like the french did today, i.e totally within themselves.. then the better team will beat you, and England was vastly improved from any performance they have given this tournament.

England always play well against France. They just love sticking one up the french. To comment on England's 13 tries.. not many of them have actually shown much craft and skill but most of them are softer tries that just needed finishing when it was harder to miss.

Well, we are set-up nicely for ***le decider next week. I assume that the BBC love-in with England will last all of 5 days when England take on Scotland and it's back to normal, when England flounder like a fish out of water.

France were woeful but England in their first 40 minutes were superb and sublime. Ireland or Wales in their current form would be very hard pressed to ammass the lead that England got in the same 40 minutes.

Absolutely gobsmacked to see Borthwick actually being vocal, slapping backs, clapping hands and yelling at people. Shocked to see Easter back to his form of a year or so ago with more speed than I've ever known him to posess and I'm so shocked to see England try to keep a clean sheet...Ugo Monye though *slaps head* what was with that dive and deliberate foul on the ball?!?!

In the end, brilliant game, brilliant performance. Job done for England. Fantastic.

Bottom line, ISAF for France has a whole new meaning: I SAW ARMITAGE FLY! instead of "I Saw Americans Fight." :lol:

Nah, I'm joking, good game France and hope you get better for next season! ;)

well discipline was still an issue but the problem for France was there's was nearly as bad. Will be interesting to see the total penalty count against Vickery by the time the tournament is over.

Latest posts