• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations Squad 2012

Lancaster said he's gonna review the captain game-by-game, so I'm guessing he'll pick a captain and only drop the player if they don't do well in the role. I'm happy with this - I was worried Robshaw/Croft would be put in the role and the other would be kept out even if they were playing better. (Speaking of which, how is Croft doing now? I read that he was man of the match against Aironi?)

Also means that Wood could yet be the captain in the long-term. (imo, he's the only captain contender who I think is pretty nailed on to be around next year.)

So, let's say robshaw is captain for the Scotland game he has a poor game and is dropped . Then it's hartley for Italy he is worried about getting dropped , plays poorly and gets dropped who's next or do we go back to robshaw for the Wales game ?

Well you wouldn't drop them from the team, just relinquish the captaincy. Tbh, if you go out as a captain and don't do well in the leadership sides of things, would you want to have another go anyway?

Anyone else worried about the scrum? A potential Hamilton-Gray Scotland second row is about 39 stone, and if Marler ends up starting...

Last edited:
Well the scrum is one area that we look rather weak. I guess it depends on who plays SR as well. As stated before the Quins SR are not great scrummers so making Marler look worse than he is (i'm not sayings hes good or bad). I know he played in the EPS/Saxons team against the ba bas last year but don't remember how he did.

No for tigers fans what kind of player is parling? a srummer or a line out man or a good round the park man? I don't know who would best fit with Palmer, Botha, parling or attwood?

as scot just wandering what you all think about gary neville giving a motivational speech to your players. i think its a bit pathetic, surly this is part of the managers job and you also have, more or less, a completley new side, surly they will be wanting to go out to impress more than anyone

I think outside speakers always motivate more than what your used to (your coach Lancaster at this point). I don't know if he is the best choice but hen none of us know him so we can't really judge him. He might be an amazing motivational speaker...who knows.

I thought soemone like Diallaglio would be a good choice maybe?

I think the whole point is people from other sports to talk about playing for the national team. Drafting the generation who simply won't bigger off is counter productive.

Apparently Sinfield was popular.

anybody thouht tuilagi on teh wing may be a good idea? withte h new foudn dpth in centres and loads of players coming through ?

No because:
a) He's a centre
b) He's a centre
c) He's a centre
aaaaaaaaaand
d) He's a centre

It's not as if we've got no wingers and tons of 13s.

anybody thouht tuilagi on teh wing may be a good idea? withte h new foudn dpth in centres and loads of players coming through ?

firstly no he's a centre, end of and there isn't that much depth in the centres, apart from Tuilagi none of them have proved they are international standard centres

secondly don't text while driving

how about daly when he comes in? where is he going to fit in? :) secondly its a forum about rugby nothing to do with spelling :O

how about daly when he comes in? where is he going to fit in? :) secondly its a forum about rugby nothing to do with spelling :O

If you can't spell, then its difficult to understand what you're saying. Please take the effort and courtesy to convey your thoughts in a presentable manner.

As for Daly, he's a fantastic talent, but he's not there yet and may never get there. Same with most of our centres. It's only Tuilagi really. Which is why moving him would be rash.

He'll probably start vs Scotland as well :(

Does confirm that to be the England head coach you have to have had a lobotomy, though.

Fucck. Literally the only valuable thing he did against the wolfhounds was to run accross the pitch and into Zebo. He was lucky Zeebo made no effort at an evasive action or Banahan would have just gone straight into the advertising boards.

Latest posts