• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have Blamire's darts been like since he's gone back to hook?
Surprisingly decent ATM, but I can't wash away the bad taste of him having statistically the worst lineout in the league (according to a BT infographic) before
Hopefully he's fully improved and settled now, and I'm not against him being on the bench as he's probably playing the best beyond J.George, but I'll still be sweating at any 5m defensive lineouts

Saw a clip of Ted Hill scoring an 80m try

Won't happen, but I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hill/Willis/Willis backrow looks like - with Earl on the bench

On Twitter:

Rennie sacked as Wallabies coach and replaced by...

Eddie Jones.

It's not April the 1st.

Spectacular wuckfittery from the RFU. Why oh why couldn't they have put Jones on gardening leave to prevent him being appointed at another team for the 2023 World Cup? Jones is an excellent short term coach (though he apparently has 5 years) and Australia were putting together a very good-looking team.

Foot, meet bullet.

Won't happen, but I'd be very interested in seeing what a Hill/Willis/Willis backrow looks like - with Earl on the bench
Just saw it. That is some absurd athleticism from a big big man. Think he has to be the front runner for the 6 shirt right now.

Just read that Hill wasn't even involved in the fitness testing. Also, while T Willis is likely to be called up he's considered a long shot for selection.

On Twitter:

Rennie sacked as Wallabies coach and replaced by...

Eddie Jones.

It's not April the 1st.

Spectacular wuckfittery from the RFU. Why oh why couldn't they have put Jones on gardening leave to prevent him being appointed at another team for the 2023 World Cup? Jones is an excellent short term coach (though he apparently has 5 years) and Australia were putting together a very good-looking team.

Foot, meet bullet.
Bit harsh on Rennie. I thought Australia were starting to build quite nicely, though I guess a loss to Italy might have been the final straw. Though the way it's been handled seems more like let's shop around for a new coach and if not keep Rennie.

Times saying it's 50/50 whether Smith will be included. Not on fitness but because he's not believed to suit the style Borthwick wants.

Ford believed likely to be picked. If Smith isn't then possible that F Smith would be which would be a huge call. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

If Ted HIll doesnt start at 6...then the alarm bells will be ringing against Borthwick straight away. And yes i know ive never hid being a fan of Hills...but what more do you want from a 6???

If Ted HIll doesnt start at 6...then the alarm bells will be ringing against Borthwick straight away. And yes i know ive never hid being a fan of Hills...but what more do you want from a 6???
Suppose its the step up and other lads who have credit in the bank... he should be around....

My squad:

LH: Genge, Marler, VRR,
HK: George, McGuigan, Blaimire
TH: Cole, Heyes, Davidson
LK: Itoje, Hill, Chessum, Ribbans
FL: Curry, Willis, Earl, Lawes, Hill
No.8: T Willis, Vunipola, Dombrandt

SH: JVP, Youngs,
FH: Smith, Farrell, Ford
C: Kelly, Tuilagi, Slade, Lawrence, Daly
WG: Murley, Freeman, OHC
FB: Steward, Malins

Other picks i wanted, Launchbury (big boy and Steve loves them), LCD (Injury), Watson (Injury), Marchant (would pick but off to france), Singleton (Injury), Arundell (Injury)
Think we will see Sinks, Coles, Cokanasiga, Rodd, Simmonds, Tizard, Mako, Arundell, Porter, Nowell, Joseph, Furbank

If its true i can only switch 5? then Earl, Daly, Kelly, Chessum, VRR will come in as straight swaps.

Injury swaps Blaimire for LCD, Freeman for Watson

Im a fan of Tizzard, but im not sure hes ready yet. I think he has some work to do. Been watching him closely recently and hes a bit anonymous at times. Saracens will sort him out though.

I think locks will be Johnny Hill, Itoje, Chessum and Ribbans as you have listed.

Im a fan of Tizzard, but im not sure hes ready yet. I think he has some work to do. Been watching him closely recently and hes a bit anonymous at times. Saracens will sort him out though.

I think locks will be Johnny Hill, Itoje, Chessum and Ribbans as you have listed.
I'd still have Launchbury if i could... I also could see Davidson coming in as Newcastle scrum is solid but he plays both sides and frees up a spot.

Tbf I've been told they're essentially a scare tactic and aren't actually enforceable
That's my understanding too - and it even makes sense.
If you're not employing that person, you can't tell them who/where they can or can't work.

The only way to have an enforceable non-compete is to not fire him in the first place, and put him on gardening leave - and risk being sued for constructive dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts