• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawes is a class act...simple as that BUT has he even played since his return. He had a brain scan and all sorts. He shouldn't be rushed back at all...especially when we have genuine options for rhat place

Lawes is a class act...simple as that BUT has he even played since his return. He had a brain scan and all sorts. He shouldn't be rushed back at all...especially when we have genuine options for rhat place
I think it's a glute problem that's delaying his comeback now, but his head injuries are a definite cause for concern.

Lawes at 7 wouldn't be a great choice as his weaknesses would be his breakdown work. Really hope that rumour isn't true. The 6 and 7 in that pack arnt great.

The amount of vitriol online about Farrell being made available for Saracens so he's available sooner for England is laughable. I'm fairly sure it's what any union would do to get a player back from a ban sooner.

The amount of vitriol online about Farrell being made available for Saracens so he's available sooner for England is laughable. I'm fairly sure it's what any union would do to get a player back from a ban sooner.
Farrell is the international punching bag and "arrogant English" avatar. Some people just need to constantly find reasons to justify their prejudice.

Which makes it doubly stupid as it's got nothing to do with Farrell really.

I know he's public enemy number 1 at the moment but marler was excellent today - if he can be trusted to behaving himself then he's easily the best option to start at loosehead

Smith very good on return from injury too

I know he's public enemy number 1 at the moment but marler was excellent today - if he can be trusted to behaving himself then he's easily the best option to start at loosehead

Smith very good on return from injury too
That's if Marler even wants to play tbh

With LCD's injury there are opportunities at hooker behind George, but I don't think Walker's darts are good enough for international level. Whenever I watch Quins play there are consistently too many not straights / own ball losses

Shame as I like him as a player and he took one amazing line out win today.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPM
Yeah Walker looked amazing before but lineout has gone to the dogs

Gloucesters lineout looking **** ATM too

George, Blamire....Clare?

I genuinely don't think it's his fault - Hammond isn't a good enough caller and as good as Herbst is, a 500kg behemoth of a lock isn't going to help in disguising lineout options.

It's partially him, but mostly the rest of the pack imo

I genuinely don't think it's his fault - Hammond isn't a good enough caller and as good as Herbst is, a 500kg behemoth of a lock isn't going to help in disguising lineout options.

Wow, yeah. I hadn't thought about it until you said it that but that Quins pack today only had one legitimate lineout option in the starting lineup.

Wow, yeah. I hadn't thought about it until you said it that but that Quins pack today only had one legitimate lineout option in the starting lineup.
It's been a problem all year I think.

Dommers is probably serviceable, but wasted, and Wev and Wallace aren't tall enough to be the best options.

I think it's why we've seen Lewies at 6 so often when he's fit (rarely).

It's been a problem all year I think.

Dommers is probably serviceable, but wasted, and Wev and Wallace aren't tall enough to be the best options.

I think it's why we've seen Lewies at 6 so often when he's fit (rarely).
I think a few Quins players (maybe Marler?) have said that lifting Dombrandt is like trying to lift a bag of spuds. He's really not much of an option.

I'd have thought that when fit, Kenningham is a pretty excellent jumping option as far as back rowers go. 6'3, very athletic and not too heavy. Having a lock who can't really jump is always going to be a big handicap though.

Fair challenge. The jumpers, lifters and caller all have a part to play. But I've thought that for a while now and my perception, backed up by precisely no stats, is that he has more than his share of not straights as well. Cue pet hobby horse….

Hookers will get pinged if the throw over say 15m is 6 inches off, red cards are often a matter of millimetres in slow motion while refs do the square root of sod all when the ball gets fed straight into the second row at the scrum. None of which informs the England debate, but just makes me feel a bit better to vent.

What have Blamire's darts been like since he's gone back to hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts