• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the black. Assuming the shirts will be taken into the RWC. It'll upset everyone with the arrogant English daring to wear black at a world cup again.

Isiekwe to have surgery and be out for several months. Unspecified injury / timeframe but will miss AIs at least.

Guess that means Chessum is a clear next cab off the rank behind Itoje / Hill. Tizard will be guaranteed more game time at club level and might be a possible bolter for the national set up.

Reactions: BPM
Isiekwe to have surgery and be out for several months. Unspecified injury / timeframe but will miss AIs at least.

Guess that means Chessum is a clear next cab off the rank behind Itoje / Hill. Tizard will be guaranteed more game time at club level and might be a possible bolter for the national set up.
I'm not sure if it's me not understanding the statement but if he needed surgery shouldn't he have had it sooner?

I guess either he got injured or couldn't shake a longer term one? Just seems an odd time to have surgery but I've probably missed something.

I'm not sure if it's me not understanding the statement but if he needed surgery shouldn't he have had it sooner?

I guess either he got injured or couldn't shake a longer term one? Just seems an odd time to have surgery but I've probably missed something.
The statement implies something was picked up during a routine appointment and given they haven't specified shoulder / knee or whatever, maybe it's more general health than directly rugby related.

Either way I hope we see him back in action before too long.

Depends on whether it's for an injury (versus something like appendix or a skin tumour).
If an injury, when it was sustained (not necessarily before this week).
What the injury was (rehab is usually better than surgery).

Meh, he's 19 and is their 3rd choice 15 (will change over the course of the season but he's barely played senior rugby) - hardly unexpected

As exciting as he is realistically he was only capped because Scotland and Wales were trying to poach him

Meh, he's 19 and is their 3rd choice 15 (will change over the course of the season but he's barely played senior rugby) - hardly unexpected

As exciting as he is realistically he was only capped because Scotland and Wales were trying to poach him
So you dont think he is in Eddie Jones' short term plans?

So you dont think he is in Eddie Jones' short term plans?
Nope, not when Watson and May are available
Malins, too, if he continues his form from last season

Arundell's still in with a chance, don't get me wrong - he's got true game breaking speed/agility that none of our regulars have, I just can't see him being a regular until after the RWC

I don't know if I agree. Re. Watson and May, 'when' should probably be if given their recent injury records. A few players have had the opportunity to stake a claim while they've been unavailable, but no-one's really taken that chance with both hands with the possible exceptions of Arundell and Freeman who showed up well in Australia.

Arundell seems to be picking up where he left off and is definitely in with a good shout IMO. I could easily see him starting against the likes of Samoa and Chile and being the Hail Mary sub for the bigger games.

Excellent chance for both Tizard and Chessum. Shame for Isiekwe who was good in Australia IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts