• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real if Blamire had gone too saints and McGuigan stayed you would prob be saying McGuigan goes ahead of Blamire right now.
Classic Falcons fan conundrum of "are we overselling our players, or is the rest of the league disregarding them because of the context they play in?"

Judging by the number that get poached by other international teams, I'd say... A mixture.

It's been better in recent years under Eddie, but they still seem to need a couple of extra seasons to prove their quality.

Tom Curry off with a hamstring strain,
Hopefully just something that's solved by a week on the sofa

Didn't make the connection until they joked about Evans getting all his drinks made for him by players trying to butter him up since being announced as an England coach - wonder if (hope that) Evans will facilitate the return of Marchant to England

Historically good but currently poor vs historically poor vs currently good
Leave it to the experts in that case :p

Davison was in the fitness testing group in Liverpool so he's on the radar
Did you see a full list anywhere? Really curious to know who exactly was tested.

Did you see a full list anywhere? Really curious to know who exactly was tested.
No, they just mentioned it on BT sport commentary

Today they mentioned Sales lot were:

Rodd, Curry, Hill, Manu in full fitness testing
Ford and Quirke in physio testing (assessing where they're at with recovery and whatnot)

If Marcus Smith was still injured by the time the 6 nations came round and Farrell was banned who would be the starting fly half for England?

Never really thought about that
Atkinson has been around the England squad recently, and Borthwick's worked with him at Tigers

Furbank used by Eddie at 10 but surely those days are behind us....?

J.Simmonds and Burns outside shots but unlikely

Really in uncharted territory if all of Farrell/Ford/Smith are missing

Ford , if fit himself would be my guess.
Even if Ford is fit, surely he'll be woefully short of match practice.

I've just read he's forecast to be fit two weeks before the 6N, so that leaves him one or possibly two games.

Is he injured aswell? Blimey theyre dropping like flies.

Christ on a bike first time I've seen it. Thats top end surely?

They'll find a way to chop it down,

8 weeks (is that mid-point entry?), halved for saying sorry, knock a week off for going to The School For Players Who Can't Tackle Good, he gets three weeks off and is back for the 6N opener
Top end is apparently 10 and thats what he got last time but chopped in half for saying sorry.

I'm going to say this again serial offenders shouldn't get time off for pleading guilty.

It'll be 8 weeks reduced to 3 or something so hes available for the 6n.

I'm going to say this again serial offenders shouldn't get time off for pleading guilty.

Agreed.

Wonder how we're going to see pundits justify the 'deserves to come straight back into the side'/'You only gain match fitness by playing and he needs a couple of games first' paradox. It doesn't really matter who plays 10, this is likely to apply to some degree.

Could probably have included 'International rugby is such a step up in intensity from the Premiership' as well.

However you look at it, we'll probably see a player back from a recent ban and a [player recently recovered from injury at FH/on the bench/at 10 and 12...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts