• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders could play home game in London and Auckland

how many can twickers take now? 80000? every friend i have over ther be it kiwi, aussie saffa or native uk at trying to go

I'm fairly stoked by the responce. Great attitudes for the people going, to pay some money to see teams they may not support, for a good cause. I hope it's a classic match.

I'm fairly stoked by the responce. Great attitudes for the people going, to pay some money to see teams they may not support, for a good cause. I hope it's a classic match.

Oh you'll see some of the worlds best players too! Carter, McCaw, Bismark etc.

I heard that not every ticket to the stadium will be sold.

More than likely, problem with Twickenham is out of the way, e.g. its location compare that to something like the Millennium Stadium which is bang smack in the center of Cardiff and easy to access. Still think you will see a crowd of 50,000 and I think people will purchase tickets on the day also.

More than likely, problem with Twickenham is out of the way, e.g. its location compare that to something like the Millennium Stadium which is bang smack in the center of Cardiff and easy to access. Still think you will see a crowd of 50,000 and I think people will purchase tickets on the day also.

You are aware of those train thingys? Non? Not withstanding the road links.

The problem will be the game being played on a Sunday. People have jobs and lives to go to the following day meaning they could ill afford to go to this and get home in time.

You are aware of those train thingys? Non? Not withstanding the road links.

The problem will be the game being played on a Sunday. People have jobs and lives to go to the following day meaning they could ill afford to go to this and get home in time.

Ye Im well aware on the trains, but for someone like myself getting from Aber to Twickers ... trains don't entirely run directly.

Let's make no bones about it: Twickenham is possibly the easiest of all the big stadia to get to in the UK. Especially compared to Cardiff Central on a Sunday or in the late evenings.

Let's make no bones about it: Twickenham is possibly the easiest of all the big stadia to get to in the UK. Especially compared to Cardiff Central on a Sunday or in the late evenings.

Disagree completely, it is not 'easy' along with Murrayfield and Wembley also in the same category.

For anyone going from outside London finds it a job. I have spoken to a few people on it and they all say the same thing.

Last edited:
Game should be epic

IMO this is the best Crusaders back-line I've ever seen, they have been tearing teams apart.

Fruean and SBW are better than Nonu and Smith

Game should be epic

IMO this is the best Crusaders back-line I've ever seen, they have been tearing teams apart.

Fruean and SBW are better than Nonu and Smith

...It's not even worth it.

Original username by the way...

This is where the rest of our home games will be. I might try and catch one of the Timaru matches.

9 April Crusaders v Bulls Alpine Energy Stadium, Timaru

23 April Crusaders v Highlanders Trafalgar Park, Nelson

21 May Crusaders v Chiefs McLean Park, Napier

11 June Crusaders v Blues Alpine Energy Stadium, Timaru

18 June Crusaders v Hurricanes Westpac Stadium, Wellington

I read something last night (can't for the life of me remember where though) that Crusaders are interested in bringing another game to London, if tomorrows is a success (and with a rumoured 50,000+ tickets sold, I think it will be)

This could become a regular thing, anything over 55,000 and it will be a record attendance for a Super 15 Game...

Ye was on the BBC Olyy. Could well work, still believe there will be people purchasing tickets on the day also. Should be a cracking game with the weather we are having.