• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders could play home game in London and Auckland

Maybe i am Biased but i do think The Sharks would be the better option...Bulls play Boring brand of rugby; plus there are a lot more Sharks supporters in London than Bulle. Don't know if Bulls are even playing Crusaders away? Do u?

Both the Sharks game (round 6), and the Bulls game (round 8) are home games or the Crusaders

Also the last paragraph might suggest that the Sharks are not overly keen to play there.

Come to the Millennium Stadium instead.

That would be great, but given that they need agreement from the Sharks, and they weren't going to make a decision about the London idea, until after they play the Rebels this weekend, and that the Sharks will already be in NZ, having played the Chiefs the week before, and that the Blues are away to the Chiefs round 6 ... i'm picking that Crusaders V Blues will be played at Eden Park, Auckland.

BREAKING NEWS!

Crusaders Vs Sharks at Twickenham - March 27th 2011 - Tickets to go on Sell tomorrow... £5 per Ticket to benefit Christchurch Earthquake appeal

Anyone up for a TRF Meetup for this

Gonna be a good opportunity to Catch Super 15 Rugby in the Northern Hemisphere, may not happen again...

Going to have to take a long hard (ho ho ho) look at my bank balance to see whether I can make this, it's going to be a good un

I would love to meetup with a few guys, with it being short notice I suspect that the tickets will be around £20 a pop and more for the expensive seats, so if we could get a crowd there it would be good...

Would imagine every kiwi and saffa in London will be all over this, should be a good game and a great chance for Northern rugby fans to see some Super rugby. Two good teams so hopefully it'll be a good spectacle.

Great that they were able to organise something ... if you're going to the game, have a great time :)

The switch was made to Sunday 27th to avoid the fixture clash with the Harlequins at the Stoop, but this will mean they need to get the Sharks out on a plane that night. If they cannot do that, then the game perhaps won't go ahead at Twickenham. However, I am sure they will be busting a gut to get this to work.

As far as filling Twickenham for this match goes, there are an estimated 900,000 South Africans in the London metropolitan area and 250,000 Kiwis. It will be sad if they cannot sell 82,000 Tickets.

Last edited:
Well, I am definitely going! It's only a 30 minute flight for me to London to see my team play!

The switch was made to Sunday 27th to avoid the fixture clash with the Harlequins at the Stoop, but this will mean they need to get the Sharks out on a plane that night. If they cannot do that, then the game perhaps won't go ahead at Twickenham. However, I am sure they will be busting a gut to get this to work.

As far as filling Twickenham for this match goes, there are an estimated 900,000 South Africans in the London metropolitan area and 250,000 Kiwis. It will be sad if they cannot sell 82,000 Tickets.

Filling it won't be a problem, now that is on a Sunday a lot of Rugby fans will be able to go so id expect a sell out.

If the Springboks can't even half fill Wembley at £10 a ticket, I wouldn't get your hopes up about 82,000 tickets being sold too much.

I think the fact that several ABs will be on show will shift some tickets - though £30 for the cheap seats is more than I expected

30 pounds for the cheapest ticket is a lot of money. On the other hand, 14 Springboks in the Sharks-squad, 12 All Blacks in the Crusaders squad... That certainly promises a big clash!

Latest posts