• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

America with almost 15k confirmed cases in the last day alone
They've now got more cases than China (theoretically - I don't think China are playing ball with the figures now that they're not the centre of attention)

Given how crap testing is in the states, I'd say they are far ahead of China in actual figures.

Trump: "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they'll have two ventilators. Now all of a sudden they're saying, 'Can we order 30,000 ventilators?'"

He takes fuckwit to a whole new level.

There literally is a retard in the oval office. Calling trump a retard is descriptive, not disparaging.

He's just going state by state and saying their governors need to be doing more and stop asking the feds for things.

We have a law that allows the president to make companies produce certain things and he refuses to invoke it.

Boris the mighty handshaker getting it is hardly surprising. Seems very mild though. Has anyone on the forum actually got it yet?

If Boris gets it and has no symptoms it could be a bad thing. He'll become convinced that it isn't that bad and there is no reason for people to be scared. Or am I not giving him enough credit by assuming he has trump levels of critical thinking?

If Boris gets it and has no symptoms it could be a bad thing. He'll become convinced that it isn't that bad and there is no reason for people to be scared. Or am I not giving him enough credit by assuming he has trump levels of critical thinking?
He says he has mild symptoms and a persistent cough. It's why he got tested.

In all honesty whilst they may have gone about things wrong (3 day rolling average comparison suggests they've done okay but not brilliant, nothing like Spain, Italy & USA spiked and similar figures to France/Germany). I do think they are taking this seriously.

Has anyone on the forum actually got it yet?
We are self isolating as of last evening, wife came home with a fever and I've not really been 100% today (although not enough to move from 14 days to 7 days). Whether we got it or not is entirely other matter though as unless things gets a lot worse we won't be tested.

We are self isolating as of last evening, wife came home with a fever and I've not really been 100% today (although not enough to move from 14 days to 7 days). Whether we got it or not is entirely other matter though as unless things gets a lot worse we won't be tested.

Get well both soon.

He says he has mild symptoms and a persistent cough. It's why he got tested.

Its amazing that prick got tested with a wee cough yet others need to be on their death bed before getting testing.

More importantly - that fucker could have laid in bed and let Whitty/Vallance call all the shots and we'd be better off. He could also have gave up his test to an NHS frontline worker that could do with knowing whether they can get back to saving lives or not.

Its amazing that prick got tested with a wee cough yet others need to be on their death bed before getting testing.

More importantly - that fucker could have laid in bed and let Whitty/Vallance call all the shots and we'd be better off. He could also have gave up his test to an NHS frontline worker that could do with knowing whether they can get back to saving lives or not.
They've said that they're gonna try and get tests to the NHS and key workers... It's much easier to give it to him as an individual than to the entire NHS, but theyre trying.

He is also clearly a very key worker, and testing him is important as the positive result affects many of the MOST IMPORTANT WORKERS in the country. They may not be in the NHS and you may not like them, but having the government come crashing down will kill people as much as the NHS collapsing will.

Yeah sorry people like Prince Charles are another matter but suggesting the leader of the country whether you like them or not (and I don't, I hate the *******) shouldn't be tested if he's suspected of having the disease takes a very special level of cognitive dissonance. noah_jo is entirely correct the government and thier advisers need to be able to function in this crisis thier health is of the same importance if not higher than any front line worker.

I mean you only have to see how spectacularly Trump is screwing this up to understand how important governmental leaders are this situation.

Yeah sorry people like Prince Charles are another matter but suggesting the leader of the country whether you like them or not (and I don't, I hate the *******) shouldn't be tested if he's suspected of having the disease takes a very special level of cognitive dissonance. noah_jo is entirely correct the government and thier advisers need to be able to function in this crisis thier health is of the same importance if not higher than any front line worker.

I mean you only have to see how spectacularly Trump is screwing this up to understand how important governmental good leaders are this situation.

You miss my point.

If Johnson is bed-bound and someone competent might come in.

He is also clearly a very key worker, and testing him is important as the positive result affects many of the MOST IMPORTANT WORKERS in the country. They may not be in the NHS and you may not like them, but having the government come crashing down will kill people as much as the NHS collapsing will.

You assume that the decisions would not become quicker and better, and that guidance would become clearer if Johnson were removed.

We'd be better off without him (and Cummings).

If both were "found dead in a ditch" tomorrow, things would improve.

Its amazing that prick got tested with a wee cough yet others need to be on their death bed before getting testing. He could also have gave up his test to an NHS frontline worker that could do with knowing whether they can get back to saving lives or not.[/QUOTE]

Gaslighting. That was clearly not your point...

Why did you feel the need to remove the middle sentence?

Didn't fit with your #FakeNews agenda there Donnie?

Or do you have some "alternative facts" that I didn't actually write the middle sentence?

Latest posts