• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bayonne Biiarritz Fusion

Certainly from my sources, I am led to believe that many of the players (and I can think of Chisolm and Roko for starters) do not want to leave Bayonne and its "evirons" as their families are settled and were even looking to start businesses in the area. Mark Chislom has, I believe, up to five children and Roko has had a recent addition.

Indeed, I am surprised that Bayonne have not come to some arrangement to have Tialata back already as he is reported not to like Toulouse overly and would love to play in Bayonne again...but maybe when the furore over the merger has settled down.

@gaston le gaff, I am unsure but could Roko, in any case, move to Toulon now that the windows is closed (or would he be deemed a "medical joker") and is it also closed for Pro D teams too?

That all depends if Bayonne are still in the Pro D2 they need to find nearly 2 millioI think Euros or the DNACG(French accounting police very brutal) could relegate them 1 or 2 divisions has been done before,they are due another audit very shortly

- - - Updated - - -

He could go as medical or WC replacement but they could still sign if they have not a full quota which I think is 42 players not counting espoirs, but it says in RR that he is staying and does not want to play for Toulon.Chisholm is apparently leaving for Australia according toRR.
The relegated and promoted clubs in the Pro D2 do get an extra month to sign players ii think.

Last edited:
That all depends if Bayonne are still in the Pro D2 they need to find nearly 2 millioI think Euros or the DNACG(French accounting police very brutal) could relegate them 1 or 2 divisions has been done before,they are due another audit very shortly

- - - Updated - - -

He could go as medical or WC replacement but they could still sign if they have not a full quota which I think is 42 players not counting espoirs, but it says in RR that he is staying and does not want to play for Toulon.Chisholm is apparently leaving for Australia according toRR.
The relegated and promoted clubs in the Pro D2 do get an extra month to sign players ii think.

Certainly BO need to find that amount but have not seen how much AB's have to find?

Mark will be a very reluctant departee but with that size of a family, money has to be a major, major factor and he ain't no spring chicken.......

Great news!! I have finally found consensus with Blanco!!

In the papers, Blanco has expressed his bitterness that the vote at Biarritz (for some reason the amateur side of the clubs decided the future of the professional teams) was unexpectedly lost!! He says that politics got involved and that people who were voting had "no skin in the game" (Ed: my words)!!!

Great news!! I have finally found consensus with Blanco!!

In the papers, Blanco has expressed his bitterness that the vote at Biarritz (for some reason the amateur side of the clubs decided the future of the professional teams) was unexpectedly lost!! He says that politics got involved and that people who were voting had "no skin in the game" (Ed: my words)!!!

This morning Bayonne granted their place in next seasons Pro D2 by the DNACG (French audit police) it is now the turn of Biarritz to show thier books to the DNACG and hope that they get the same response, but at the moment their seems to be a fair amount of fiction in those books and someone could become the scapegoat as when the authorities get their claws into something as important as this things tend to get worse than better.

This morning Bayonne granted their place in next seasons Pro D2 by the DNACG (French audit police) it is now the turn of Biarritz to show thier books to the DNACG and hope that they get the same response, but at the moment their seems to be a fair amount of fiction in those books and someone could become the scapegoat as when the authorities get their claws into something as important as this things tend to get worse than better.

That is good news for Bayonne and its supporters...................after the last few years financial "difficulties" only being alleviated by shenagins with the Biarritz town council, it would be surprise if BO get a clean bill of health! There again, French rugby is terribly political and Blanco and arch player in it..........................................

Blanco in L'Equipe bemoans the personal ambitions and short sightedness of certain individuals and over confidence in not campaigning harder to get the necessary merger vote passed.

He confirmed his initiated merger talks with President of Bayonne and the mayors of both towns had been going on since January in secret.

Not returning to be President but feels that, with each club losing some 7 million euro in the last few years, merger is the only viable course for Basque rugby.

Meanwhile he will bury himself in preparing the French dude for the RWC.......that is ok then!!!

No of course not. There is no interest for regional teams. It's been tried before and no one wants it. It was just an idea in the context of Biarritz and Bayonne as a possible workaround.

No one wanted them in Wales either, but we still got them.

Is Eddie O'sullivan about get the sack? Neither he nor the backs coach Chadebach, have travelled to the match in Provence tonight. Only Benoit August!!

The players, again, after three straight defeats have rebelled and it would appear that August, an ex BO player with little to no coaching experience, is to take over. He is rumored to be having Benoit Baby, another BO player, as his backs coach!!

You cannot make it up really!!!

The ex Castres coach looks like he is getting the job David Darricarrere, and the other 2 looks like it's the job centre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After last nights result it's even more likely loooooosing to Aix 22-11 they are now firmly stuck on the bottom played 4 lost 4, this looks like fed rugby next season!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The ex Castres coach looks like he is getting the job David Darricarrere, and the other 2 looks like it's the job centre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After last nights result it's even more likely loooooosing to Aix 22-11 they are now firmly stuck on the bottom played 4 lost 4, this looks like fed rugby next season!!!!!!!

Would that be the guy that led the Brennus holders to near relegation in one season? Sounds right for BO!!!

As long as he is cheap and/or has played for BO, with a preference for allowing the players to dictate, anyone will do!!!

Gaston, you do not say which level of Federale!!!!

Interesting this thread popped Up Gaston! Your predictions might be right again if only for the wrong reasons......next 10 days will prove it one way or the other!!

Well done Bayonne and good luck for next week.......Good to see Joe Rococococovovoco down from Paris to join in the fun!!!

Latest posts