• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia again

Gatland said the other day, come the World Cup, people will be scared to have us in their group.

I'm not worried, you're worried.
I'm more worried someone could get a nasty cut from tripping over the speed bump that is the 73rd person he's tried at fly-half.

Georgia played some beautiful rugby.

Honestly the six nations should start looking at building it into a euros type competition Spain, Portugal and Georgia all imo at a level where they could win a game at that level.

Could bring in Romania to make it even.
Idk promotion and relegation in tier 2 is prob easier and fits in better with the time. Also feel that tier 1 teams must have to play a tier 2 nation on all tours. Even if just one game.

Unfortunately Georgia has to play without two last minute forfeit : their captain #6 Beka Gorgadze and their most capped player, the winger Sandro Todua, the two oldest players of the squad
Cockerill decided to make a lot of changes with picking a very young squad since he was appointed Georgia's headcoach as I wrote before.
Today from the starting XV 11 players are from 20 to 25 years old, 4 in a 26-28 age range and not a single one older than 28.
The Georgia's junior program is very well builded with the U20 always finishing in the JWC top10
The team moved from a full forwards oriented gameplan to a very balanced gameplan with every a year a couple of U20 backs included in the senior squad.
Maybe the forwards are a bit less dominant than the Mamuka Gorgodze Era, but the team is overall better and more enjoyable to watch.
Now they have to work hard on defending mauls, lineouts, and to be overall faster. They showed for a while that they are fit to play 80 min at international level while most of Tier2 team are struggling a lot from min 60

Last edited:

Latest posts