• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia again

Cut out the errors and cheap penalties please. Overall I'm not too unhappy, can see some things coming together. Add in the likes of Wainwright and it's not looking too bad. Australian sides been stepping up in Super Rugby too and I think it easy to underestimate the quality they have.

Quietly looking forward to the next batch of internationals when everyone seems to be writing Wales off.

Leave it out lol.

Winnett, Thomas, Grady and Lloyd all make these mistakes week in week out for Cardiff.

As does every Welsh player out there (I mean Griffin doesnt play pro rugby, not does Hill).

Truth is, this is the least talented and worst Welsh squad in 2 generations, there isnt a coach in the world who could make these players bigger, stronger, faster, smarter or more skillfull.
Not a coach in the world. Do me a favour. The idea that Gatland and co are utilising this squad to its max is laughable.

Again, I'll keep saying it but he made a chiefs team with Dmac, Cane and Leinert Brown look semi pro and they went onto world beaters as soon as he left.

Where I will criticise Gatland:

He sent players out to the media talking about simplicity, and going back to basics. We did not perform the basics AT ALL! We over complicated the lineout, and players performing very simple actions messed up.

despite what the tactics were in defence, which I think at least showed green shoots, the attack gameplan was a mess. We are underpowered, and look like we are playing a power game plan.

Some selections ****** me off, Hill was a disgrace of a selection, highlighted by his disgracefull performance off the bench x 2.
Belcher was the best hooker in Wales by a mile this season, Carre I have mixed feelings about

The Thomas experiment failed hard, as expected, but what are our 10 options. Its embarrassing to have such a lack of quality there. I would take any tier 1, and most tier 2 nations fly half options currently.

My biggest gripe, is that Gatland has taken it on himself to develop players on the international stage. Winnett isnt big enough, Hathaway was embarrassing, Thomas, Grady, Griffin, even Botham and Mackenzie... none of these players are good at club level yet, let alone int level.

Cut out the errors and cheap penalties please. Overall I'm not too unhappy, can see some things coming together. Add in the likes of Wainwright and it's not looking too bad. Australian sides been stepping up in Super Rugby too and I think it easy to underestimate the quality they have.

Quietly looking forward to the next batch of internationals when everyone seems to be writing Wales off.
Aus super teams are shite lol

Again, I'll keep saying it but he made a chiefs team with Dmac, Cane and Leinert Brown look semi pro and they went onto world beaters as soon as he left.
No he didnt, he had 2 kiwi internationals in a team when the other regions averaged 7/8 lol

And they didnt become world beater straight after, Gatland was there and involved when they developed and signed world class players.

Yeah trying to be positive but that side was missing Wainwrigt, Morgan, Rowlands and Tomos Williams. I actually back a lot of our players and think we've got some gems but will need to be patient.

No he didnt, he had 2 kiwi internationals in a team when the other regions averaged 7/8 lol

And they didnt become world beater straight after, Gatland was there and involved when they developed and signed world class players.
So how did these players get into the final as soon as he left. Oh sorry it was Gatland pulling the strings from the DoR office.

Considering the wider context of prior to last week the last time he played over 70 mins was a university match, Archie Griffin is a definite positive in our most problem position. Tshiunza in the row as well, but that's only a positive if Gatlands persists with it and doesn't go straight back to Beard. But to be honest, Agaisnt Fiji, assuming everyone is fit, I'd go for Rowlands and Jenkins in the row with Tshiunza at 6.

we certainly need a scrum there as we will have our hands full everywhere else on the field

So how did these players get into the final as soon as he left. Oh sorry it was Gatland pulling the strings from the DoR office.
Gats is a developer. Theres a reason they wanted him to return after leaving. Literally everyone at the Cheifs gives him credit for the ground work he did while in charge.

But let me ask, did Ruddock undo all of Henry's work from 2004, to win a GS in 2005?

Gats is a developer. Theres a reason they wanted him to return after leaving. Literally everyone at the Cheifs gives him credit for the ground work he did while in charge.

But let me ask, did Ruddock undo all of Henry's work from 2004, to win a GS in 2005?
They had to say that as they moved him upstairs. They're not going to say, "yeah we've started winning games with the same players playing a totally different brand of rugby using the next coach on the rank because Gatland was **** and was using Leinert Brown as a crash ball 12 and we were playing turgid arm wrestle rugby" are they.

What do you think Chief fans would say about your take. Do you think they're clamouring to have Gatland back in any capacity?

They had to say that as they moved him upstairs. They're not going to say, "yeah we've started winning games with the same players playing a totally different brand of rugby using the next coach on the rank because Gatland was **** and was using Leinert Brown as a crash ball 12 and we were playing turgid arm wrestle rugby" are they.

What do you think Chief fans would say about your take. Do you think they're clamouring to have Gatland back in any capacity?
Yes lol. Being in NZ cheifs fans were arguing about whether Gats should be back in charge, and most were pretty happy he took a leading role.

But like I said, would you rate Ruddock over Henry?

Yes lol. Being in NZ cheifs fans were arguing about whether Gats should be back in charge, and most were pretty happy he took a leading role.

But like I said, would you rate Ruddock over Henry?
No but I'm not talking about Ruddock or Henry. Your argument of Gatland laying the ground work would make more sense if MacMillan didn't rip up what Gatland did and got sustained success. They went from a team that loss 9 in a row to won 9 in their first season getting to a final playing some good stuff.

I don't remember any chief fans/kiwis on here saying that and I've seen none on line saying it now. Funny that.

Latest posts