• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Apparant disdain for Scots

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 8 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Edinburgh Gunner, I believe the same thing as you.

Scotland did score probably the best try in the 6N ( Danielli vs Italy) and we get slagged for our back play!!!

I think some of the Scottish players (i'm not going to name any) put some of our guys Lions chances out of reach. They stopped the others from going, not intentionally, by playing badly.

I dislike how McGeechan and co have not really looked at the form of some of the Scottish players in the HC (Evans brothers, Ross Ford, Mike Blair)[/b]

The Edinburgh boys didn't do too well in the HC (performed well in the Magners though), and Glasgow apart from THAT game againts Toulouse didn't either.

As for the Evans; Max tries to score, or creat from every play (he needs to learn when to consolidate)

Thom's bubble was, unfairly, burst when Monye got him - room for one pure speedster and it appeared Monye was faster. (Ignoring Evans better try ratio both at club and inernational level, and also when caught he was runnign with the ball, and had to runa further distance so its no suprise Monye got him but...)

Also McGeechan may have been worried about Thom's defense.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 11 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 8 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scotland did score probably the best try in the 6N ( Danielli vs Italy) and we get slagged for our back play!!!

I think some of the Scottish players (i'm not going to name any) put some of our guys Lions chances out of reach. They stopped the others from going, not intentionally, by playing badly.

I dislike how McGeechan and co have not really looked at the form of some of the Scottish players in the HC (Evans brothers, Ross Ford, Mike Blair)[/b]

The Edinburgh boys didn't do too well in the HC (performed well in the Magners though), and Glasgow apart from THAT game againts Toulouse didn't either.

As for the Evans; Max tries to score, or creat from every play (he needs to learn when to consolidate)

Thom's bubble was, unfairly, burst when Monye got him - room for one pure speedster and it appeared Monye was faster. (Ignoring Evans better try ratio both at club and inernational level, and also when caught he was runnign with the ball, and had to runa further distance so its no suprise Monye got him but...)

[/b][/quote]
Did you watch Scotland vs New Zealand?

Thom was making huge try saving tackles on multiple occasions.

Being caught my Monye is no disgrace, he only lost out slightly, he is still more creative than Monye and in the long term has more to offer. He will be a Lion in 2013.

Monye ran across the f***ing field to tackle Thom Evans, that in itself is a herculean effort. If someone had done that to me after I broke off the back of a ruck and was darting down the left of the field, I'd dust myself off and shake that dudes hand.

Thom Evans was probably missed out because he's so inexperienced and didn't get a chance to score tries...well, because he plays for the Scotland and everyone knows we don't score tries, that'd just be silly.

Ross Ford, I wanted him in the original Lions set up, but hookers get injured, he'll be going if Rory Best doesn't snaffle it for him, and to be honest, he's earned it, it will do wonders for the other Scots on the squad to see another friendly face.

Simon Taylor, he's a go to guy for Geech, no doubt, if there is a back row down I think he'll be on the list of guys Geech would call on.

not Chris Paterson, I do not want to watch boring rugby this summer, sure it's good to have someone scoring points for Scotland, but we have players out there that can score tries, we don't need another goal kicker.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 11 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 11 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 8 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Did you watch Scotland vs New Zealand?

Thom was making huge try saving tackles on multiple occasions.
[/b][/quote]

He defends like Underwood - dive in and hope. The tackling isn't the main issue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ May 12 2009, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Monye ran across the f***ing field to tackle Thom Evans, that in itself is a herculean effort. If someone had done that to me after I broke off the back of a ruck and was darting down the left of the field, I'd dust myself off and shake that dudes hand.

Thom Evans was probably missed out because he's so inexperienced and didn't get a chance to score tries...well, because he plays for the Scotland and everyone knows we don't score tries, that'd just be silly.

Ross Ford, I wanted him in the original Lions set up, but hookers get injured, he'll be going if Rory Best doesn't snaffle it for him, and to be honest, he's earned it, it will do wonders for the other Scots on the squad to see another friendly face.

Simon Taylor, he's a go to guy for Geech, no doubt, if there is a back row down I think he'll be on the list of guys Geech would call on.

not Chris Paterson, I do not want to watch boring rugby this summer, sure it's good to have someone scoring points for Scotland, but we have players out there that can score tries, we don't need another goal kicker.[/b]

I hope Taylor is nowhere near the team, he's lost pace and is too slow. His performances in the Six Nations were poor, and he's been played in the second row (due to Parisse) at Stade.

Paterson:

HE IS NOT JUST A GOALKICKER.

But I agree he isnt good enough for the Lions. (Sorry it just winds me up when people forget he's not a bad back and is a talented runner)

Well, yeah, he's maybe not just a goal kicker, he does a lot of good work around the field...often to no avail.

I can see your problems with Simon Taylor, but I still maintain he'd be on Geech's list of decent number 8's...admittedly Ryan Jones is miles ahead of him on said list.

Latest posts