• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shaw cited for 'kneeing incident'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 6 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 6 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I beg to differ. Shaw dropped his knees into Du Prez back and head; I've seen careers ended when people do that. Plus, he has previous form.

The only justice is he will start his ban in late August instead of now.[/b]

I simply had to back this up. Teh Mite is sooo soo right and I am totally sure of this. I have first hand experience. I got hit late after scoring a try two years ago and it ended my senior rugby playing days (play a lower grade now). I felt a combination of a crushing feeling in my back and intense pain along with having the wind knocked out of me all at once. I had to go to hospital and had loads of soft tissue damage to the area around two of my vertebrae. I also had two broken ribs and two bruised ones from the downward pressure on me. I was off work for three weeks and on desk only duties for a month after that.

All that came from a knee in the back coming down on top of me (with the weight of the player behind it).

I'm not a sook either, I've played through injuries right throughout my playing days other than that, to the point where I always wondered why other players took games off when I could take injuries well enough. It was at this point that I realised how lucky I was in only having minor injuries for so many years.

I think two weeks is alright if Du Preez is alright, otherwise it should've been longer.
[/b][/quote]

Damn bad luck man, at least you're still playing. I got sat on by a 21 stone touring Canadian prop wrecked my knee ligaments.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 7 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 6 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 6 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I beg to differ. Shaw dropped his knees into Du Prez back and head; I've seen careers ended when people do that. Plus, he has previous form.

The only justice is he will start his ban in late August instead of now.[/b]

I simply had to back this up. Teh Mite is sooo soo right and I am totally sure of this. I have first hand experience. I got hit late after scoring a try two years ago and it ended my senior rugby playing days (play a lower grade now). I felt a combination of a crushing feeling in my back and intense pain along with having the wind knocked out of me all at once. I had to go to hospital and had loads of soft tissue damage to the area around two of my vertebrae. I also had two broken ribs and two bruised ones from the downward pressure on me. I was off work for three weeks and on desk only duties for a month after that.

All that came from a knee in the back coming down on top of me (with the weight of the player behind it).

I'm not a sook either, I've played through injuries right throughout my playing days other than that, to the point where I always wondered why other players took games off when I could take injuries well enough. It was at this point that I realised how lucky I was in only having minor injuries for so many years.

I think two weeks is alright if Du Preez is alright, otherwise it should've been longer.
[/b][/quote]

Damn bad luck man, at least you're still playing. I got sat on by a 21 stone touring Canadian prop wrecked my knee ligaments.
[/b][/quote]

There's no justice I tells ya. I bet that 21 stone oaf didn't lose his ability to eat a side of beef for breakfast!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jul 5 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The incident looked ugly and with the resulting injury forcing du Preez to leave the game early then I can see a 2 week ban on the cards here.[/b]

Strange reasoning there. Botha gets two weeks for a hit which dislocated Adam Jones' shoulder, and we all agree he was hard done by. Jeez, the entire SA team wore ridiculous armbands to reinforce that point. Shaw, and I couldn't give a toss for all those mindreaders who KNOW it was deliberate, might or might not have meant to knee the Saffie in the back. Either way, he's entitled to a fair shake, previous form or not. Personally, I viewed it as, at worst, clumsiness, not exactly out of character for most locks, but I can't know that. I can't believe I, a Scotsman, find myself defending an English player, but Shaw IMHO has covered himself in glory on this tour, answering the call after a twelve year wait, laying himself on the line and taking not one backward step in the face of some brutal forward play from SA. If we should be seeing a citing, it should be the moronic, testosterone driven Broussouw for his two idiotic examples of 'being the big man'. How he esacped any punishment for his behaviour towards Phillips is beyond me, especially given that the touch judge saw the whole thing. For Christ's sake, cut Shaw a break.

Ah well. (ob Brussouw) Chucking him on the floor. He got the oenalty given against him and that's all it was really. The pull at the jersey though near the neck wasn't dangerous so i have no probs with it. What was the other one you refer to though?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 6 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah well. (ob Brussouw) Chucking him on the floor. He got the oenalty given against him and that's all it was really. The pull at the jersey though near the neck wasn't dangerous so i have no probs with it. What was the other one you refer to though?[/b]

Flexing his manly muscles when Martyn Williams was lying on the ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 6 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah well. (ob Brussouw) Chucking him on the floor. He got the oenalty given against him and that's all it was really. The pull at the jersey though near the neck wasn't dangerous so i have no probs with it. What was the other one you refer to though?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Fair enough Lewis is getting a little upset over the treatment of the Scottish players during the series, oh wait hold on a minute................

That was a disgusting, filthy act that Shaw performed. I watched the incident in detail and that prick intentionally lead with his knees. Anyone with a grain of rugby knowledge knows that doesnt happen accidentally. He could potentially have ended Du Preez's career and caused serious nerve damage. The fact that he's done it before just strengthens the case against him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 6 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think two weeks is alright if Du Preez is alright, otherwise it should've been longer.[/b]

This is always a tricky issue, but the crime should be punished the same regardless of the damage inflicted, provided the intention is clearly the same. I reckon the intention was clearly there.

(If you don't think there wasn't an intention to hurt Du Preez, then do you also believe Shaw made any attempt to prevent his knees falling into Du Preez's back? How well the guy did or didnt play has nothing to do with it, you wouldn't excuse a thief because he's actually a "really nice guy")

Burger deserved more time and so does Shaw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 7 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 6 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Fair enough Lewis is getting a little upset over the treatment of the Scottish players during the series, oh wait hold on a minute................
[/b][/quote]

You're a sarcastic little pr*ck, aren't you? I've sat here reading your rants for a couple of weeks now, and frankly, while you occasionally attempt to intellectualise your posts, you can't quite hide your disdain for anything that challenges your cosy view of South African superiority. Go right ahead, stay up there on your pedestal. Only one way off of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 8 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jul 7 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You're a sarcastic little pr*ck, aren't you? I've sat here reading your rants for a couple of weeks now, and frankly, while you occasionally attempt to intellectualise your posts, you can't quite hide your disdain for anything that challenges your cosy view of South African superiority. Go right ahead, stay up there on your pedestal. Only one way off of it.
[/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Easy big guy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we should be seeing a citing, it should be the moronic, testosterone driven Broussouw for his two idiotic examples of 'being the big man'. How he esacped any punishment for his behaviour towards Phillips is beyond me, especially given that the touch judge saw the whole thing. For Christ's sake, cut Shaw a break.[/b]

Maybe because Phillips did a Hollywood. He was pulled, he wasn't flung through the air. From what i could tell, he leapt away in the hopes of a penalty. Either way, Mike Phillips is a dick with a very big head (pun intended.) I was hoping Pierre Spies or Francois Steyn would just give him a nice farewell punch IN THE FACE! IN THE FAAAAAAAAAAACE!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 8 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mike Phillips is a dick with a very big head (pun intended.)[/b]
He is one of those players everyone loves to hate, unless hes on your team then he becomes a fan favourite. I suppose that in itself is the ultimate compliment. I look forward to calling him all sorts of names in the coming season :)

Thing is you got to prove Shaw went with intent. Its all well and good saying he did but its very hard to prove it so thats why he only got 2 weeks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jul 8 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 8 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike Phillips is a dick with a very big head (pun intended.)[/b]
He is one of those players everyone loves to hate, unless hes on your team then he becomes a fan favourite. I suppose that in itself is the ultimate compliment. I look forward to calling him all sorts of names in the coming season :)
[/b][/quote]

Pretty much like Botha. Every hates him but we love the dude go figure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 8 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we should be seeing a citing, it should be the moronic, testosterone driven Broussouw for his two idiotic examples of 'being the big man'. How he esacped any punishment for his behaviour towards Phillips is beyond me, especially given that the touch judge saw the whole thing. For Christ's sake, cut Shaw a break.[/b]

Maybe because Phillips did a Hollywood. He was pulled, he wasn't flung through the air. From what i could tell, he leapt away in the hopes of a penalty. Either way, Mike Phillips is a dick with a very big head (pun intended.) I was hoping Pierre Spies or Francois Steyn would just give him a nice farewell punch IN THE FACE! IN THE FAAAAAAAAAAACE!
[/b][/quote]

Then you must have kept your eyes shut while watching. I'm looking at it now. Brussow grabs him by the neck, thinks about it, then pulls backwards and downwards. Phillips' crime was to be irritating. Your desire to see him punched in the face for being a prick says more about you than it does him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 8 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thing is you got to prove Shaw went with intent. Its all well and good saying he did but its very hard to prove it so thats why he only got 2 weeks.[/b]

2 words- Simon Shaw

I rest me case m'lud

judge.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 9 2009, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 8 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim Lewis @ Jul 7 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Then you must have kept your eyes shut while watching. I'm looking at it now. Brussow grabs him by the neck, thinks about it, then pulls backwards and downwards. Phillips' crime was to be irritating. Your desire to see him punched in the face for being a prick says more about you than it does him.
[/b][/quote]

Probably fair enough that you don't know Jericho is largely joking, Jericho isn't really a bad guy, so it doesn't say anything about him really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jul 8 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 8 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thing is you got to prove Shaw went with intent. Its all well and good saying he did but its very hard to prove it so thats why he only got 2 weeks.[/b]

2 words- Simon Shaw

I rest me case m'lud

judge.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Problem is, that's the kind of logic that got Bakkies Botha a 2 week ban. He has a bit of a rep so he got a ban.

Latest posts