• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shaw cited for 'kneeing incident'

I think with this one its quite hard to know whether it was intentional or not, and to be honest if he is suspended he should get a weekend if we compare it in severity to what Burger got, or on the other hand he should get 8 weeks seeing as both were yellow card offenses, /sigh @ Hudson.

In my opinion it was a rough game in all and it doesnt deserve anything other than the yellow he got.

I believe Shaw has 'previous'.

Several years ago England played New Zealand in The Land Of The Long White Cloud and Shaw was given a straight red for kneeing only a few minutes into the Test match. The incident was spotted by the touch judge - Stuart Dickenson.

no doubt it was intentional.

Should get at most a 3 day ban if the commissioner is being consistent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (polonius @ Jul 5 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I believe Shaw has 'previous'.

Several years ago England played New Zealand in The Land Of The Long White Cloud and Shaw was given a straight red for kneeing only a few minutes into the Test match. The incident was spotted by the touch judge - Stuart Dickenson.[/b]

I remember this, it was in 2004, he kneed Keith Robinson in a ruck. Can't remember if he got a suspension afterward though, but he deserves a longer ban if he's done this twice!

Mr Woodward said he was clumsy on that occasion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 5 2009, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think with this one its quite hard to know whether it was intentional or not, and to be honest if he is suspended he should get a weekend if we compare it in severity to what Burger got, or on the other hand he should get 8 weeks seeing as both were yellow card offenses, /sigh @ Hudson.

In my opinion it was a rough game in all and it doesnt deserve anything other than the yellow he got.[/b]

Good he will take some rest at home with family and others will be happy for citing him :lol:

unusual case when everybody satisfied :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The incident looked ugly and with the resulting injury forcing du Preez to leave the game early then I can see a 2 week ban on the cards here.

A 2 week ban right before off season. Now there's a good use of time and resources...

A Wasp who's in the England Elite squad? More likely he'll get a slap on the wrist, a payrise and several more England caps as captain as his "Punishment".

In fact, if Jeff Probyn is involved, Du Prez is likely to be banned for malicously attacking Shaws knees with his spinal chord and skull...

If he is suspended his sentence will commence at the start of next season lads, so if given a two week ban he would miss two Wasps GP games, but they will probably rest him for the first few weeks of the season seeing as his preseason will start a few weeks late.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 4 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shaw is a dirty SOB, put in how many high tackels in the last test and now this!?It was blatant and deserves nothing less then 4 weeks, could have broke du Preez in half!stupid c**t![/b]
Were we watching the same match? The knee incident was slight, not nearly as drastic as breaking a man in half. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a penalty or anything, just congrats to you on getting the de Villiers award for dramatic reaction.

I beg to differ. Shaw dropped his knees into Du Prez back and head; I've seen careers ended when people do that. Plus, he has previous form.

The only justice is he will start his ban in late August instead of now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 5 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I beg to differ. Shaw dropped his knees into Du Prez back and head; I've seen careers ended when people do that. Plus, he has previous form.

The only justice is he will start his ban in late August instead of now.[/b]

Says the man with the late tackle as his avatar...
:lol: :D :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Jul 5 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 5 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Says the man with the late tackle as his avatar...
:lol: :D :p
[/b][/quote]

I think not...

IMG_0195.jpg

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdORMGUzEqI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

;)

a 2-week suspension is fair dinkum, if Botha (worngly or not) got 2 week then Shaw deserved 2 weeks.

Surely 2 weeks is not enough! He's done this is his second offense with the knee!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 5 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A Wasp who's in the England Elite squad? More likely he'll get a slap on the wrist, a payrise and several more England caps as captain as his "Punishment".

In fact, if Jeff Probyn is involved, Du Prez is likely to be banned for malicously attacking Shaws knees with his spinal chord and skull...[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and it can be very heavy in consequences when somebody attacks you with own spinal column and kidneys :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 6 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I simply had to back this up. Teh Mite is sooo soo right and I am totally sure of this. I have first hand experience. I got hit late after scoring a try two years ago and it ended my senior rugby playing days (play a lower grade now). I felt a combination of a crushing feeling in my back and intense pain along with having the wind knocked out of me all at once. I had to go to hospital and had loads of soft tissue damage to the area around two of my vertebrae. I also had two broken ribs and two bruised ones from the downward pressure on me. I was off work for three weeks and on desk only duties for a month after that.

All that came from a knee in the back coming down on top of me (with the weight of the player behind it).

I'm not a sook either, I've played through injuries right throughout my playing days other than that, to the point where I always wondered why other players took games off when I could take injuries well enough. It was at this point that I realised how lucky I was in only having minor injuries for so many years.

I think two weeks is alright if Du Preez is alright, otherwise it should've been longer.

Latest posts