• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

With FPTP Lib Dem were always going to struggle to get enough seats to become 2nd largest party. I voted for them but knew it was a throwaway vote in my constituency.
FPTP is how they'd do it before once the dam breaks on vote share every seat is possible.

There's gonna be fights between Dorries and Campbell.

Campbell telling Dorries to move on from Boris, Dorries saying that's sexist

Bit surprised at Reform (potentially) getting 13 - be interesting to see where they are, guessing "red wall" and south east coast?

SNP down to 10 is also a bit of a surprise - I knew their popularity had dropped after scandal after scandal, but not that much

Next election could see another huge swing. Will depend hugely on how Labour govern, but I feel that many voters have not moved permanently.

Projected based on Exit poll. Let's see how it compares to the final result.

Labour: 410
Conservatives: 131
Liberal Democrats: 61
Reform: 13
SNP: 10
Plaid Cymru: 4
Green: 2
Other: 19

Next election could see another huge swing. Will depend hugely on how Labour govern, but I feel that many voters have not moved permanently.
Last election Tories had 80 seat majority. I thought at the time it would be a miracle if Starmer halved that majority at this election. Quite incredible the swing, although their majority was down to 50 before this election.

Let's see the share of the vote though.

Harman deserved it exactly the kind of person to get one if you going to have a house of lords.
Not going to disagree with that. Shame she might have to go at 80. It'll be interesting to see who Starmer appoints if he does stack the Lords in his favour. Verses what reforms of the Lords is seriously looked at.

Tewkesbury kinda on knife edge.
Dorset North still Tory bastion.
Yeovil switching back.
Kingston and Surbiton staying Lib Dem

That it for places I've lived.

WTF Leadsome?
People are punishing conservatives for being too woke and being to the left of labour.... sonehow.

Latest posts