• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Yeah I'm not sure. If elected to office then it's more fine, but ultimately it's not productive in the slightest in reg to actual policy discussion and probably feeds into the culture that puts people off getting involved in politics.

Yeah not sure it putting people off. Her decisions when in office have literally cost people money. Mortgage rates soared because of her. The pound tanked and yet she still picks up her former PM's payoff all funded by the taxpayer (the people she left worse off). Another way of looking at it is that this could act as a deterrent so that those in office act more responsibly.

Yeah not sure it putting people off. Her decisions when in office have literally cost people money. Mortgage rates soared because of her. The pound tanked and yet she still picks up her former PM's payoff all funded by the taxpayer (the people she left worse off). Another way of looking at it is that this could act as a deterrent so that those in office act more responsibly.
My point was less Truss centric - it's the same performative nonsense as the JSO lot that targeted Rishi's home etc.

It's performative for social media at its best, and outright intimidating at worst.

As for the last sentence, that's what elections are for - random groups "deterring" politicians from doing things they don't like isn't in this manner isn't actually great for our democratic representation imo.

The same goes for the Starmer glitter incident btw. It's all in the same category imo

As for the last sentence, that's what elections are for - random groups "deterring" politicians from doing things they don't like isn't in this manner isn't actually great for our democratic representation imo.
Remind me again the proportion of the vote Labour got to get their 174 seat majority?

And zero investigations into those with links to the government making money out of it.

Picture of a lettuce that says "I crashed the economy" right after Truss said "it's the economy stupid". Truss then throws a hissy fit saying "that's not funny" and walks off stage.
TY - yup, seen it on facebook - she's 100% wrong about it not being funny

Yeah I'm not sure. If elected to office then it's more fine, but ultimately it's not productive in the slightest in reg to actual policy discussion and probably feeds into the culture that puts people off getting involved in politics.
Mockery of those in, (and have-been-in) power is absolutely essential to a functioning society.
If you object to it, then you're at least 2,500 year too late, almost certainly longer.

Also if being mocked puts people off going into politics then it shows they're not thick skinned enough for it anyway because they'd potentially have to deal with much worse if they reach cabinet/shadow cabinet or even ministerial level. So LBD could be seen as an effective way to filter out the political snowflakes.

Mockery of those in, (and have-been-in) power is absolutely essential to a functioning society.
If you object to it, then you're at least 2,500 year too late, almost certainly longer.
Mockery is fine (the lettuce stuff was funny), it's the in person hassling that I have a problem with

Truss is fully deserving of all the mockery she receives. Making mistakes is one thing but her unapologetic arrogance and delusion mean there is no reason for anyone to be sympathetic to her. She ruined thousands of lives in a matter of days and still had no shame about it.

She's fully behind Trump too, which shows she's way off the deep end. There is no discussion to be fair with such lunatics, mockery is all that's left. These people are utterly incapable of recognising objective reality.

Quite frankly she deserves a bit of in person hassling. If she had showed a shred of humanity then maybe not but she hasn't, she's a vile piece of work. Even Sunak was able to come across at least sorry and reasonable after he lost (even if it may have just been an act), Truss didn't even try. She's continued sticking 2 fingers up to the nation so I think it's fair game for the nation to do it back.

Yeah someone who's decisions cost indivduals thousands of pounds (and normal people of mid to low incomes at that) and been completely unapologetic about it doesn't deserve remorse.

When does in person hassling become harassment? Where is the line drawn. Or is it ok to do it as long as you don't like the person or agree with there political beliefs. In person hassling of women isn't a good idea. I've no doubt some of the hate she gets is because she's female.

Would it be acceptable to do that to Starmer over retaining the two child benefits cap yet Labour donors are getting nice treasury jobs or becoming the Attorney General.

Seems a bit like the "Oh it's just banter" excuse at disciplinary hearings in my work place. "Oh it's ok they deserve a bit of in person hassling".

When does in person hassling become harassment? Where is the line drawn. Or is it ok to do it as long as you don't like the person or agree with there political beliefs. In person hassling of women isn't a good idea. I've no doubt some of the hate she gets is because she's female.

Would it be acceptable to do that to Starmer over retaining the two child benefits cap yet Labour donors are getting nice treasury jobs or becoming the Attorney General.

Seems a bit like the "Oh it's just banter" excuse at disciplinary hearings in my work place. "Oh it's ok they deserve a bit of in person hassling".
If she's in public it's fair game. At her home off the clock or in private not so.

Personally I think she should be in the stocks for a few months.

I think what a PM chooses to do after leaving office says a lot about them. Gordon Brown spent much of his time championing a cause promoting education for girls in third world countries.

Truss has chosen to stay in public life and be a paid cheerleader for a convicted fraudster, woman abuser and racist. She was a national embarrassment as PM and continues to be one through her life choices.

Last edited:
If she's in public it's fair game. At her home off the clock or in private not so.

Personally I think she should be in the stocks for a few months.
Agreed entirely, doing pubic speaking absolutely fair game, anyone is.

Personal Private Space not at all.

Note public speaking at a private event is still a public space as far as I'm concerned.

I've no doubt some of the hate she gets is because she's female.
As I point out she cost indviduals thousands I don't know of any PM or MP living who did that much damage to people in the UK who is living. Possibly before that Thatcher

But I think playing the misogyny card on this one is unfair. Because it hard to point out a PM who is deserving of equal contempt. (Even Johnson but I ******* hate that ******* too)

As I point out she cost indviduals thousands I don't know of any PM or MP living who did that much damage to people in the UK who is living. Possibly before that Thatcher

But I think playing the misogyny card on this one is unfair. Because it hard to point out a PM who is deserving of equal contempt. (Even Johnson but I ******* hate that ******* too)
She was rubbish at her job definitely and deserves contemt. Doesn't change the fact some of the abuse directed at her is based on misogyny not necessarily this incident.

She was rubbish at her job definitely and deserves contemt. Doesn't change the fact some of the abuse directed at her is based on misogyny not necessarily this incident.
No it isn't. She was an absolute idiot who will go down as the worst PM in UK history. She is also completely indifferent to the pain she has caused and still thinks she is relevant showing a massive lack of self awareness.

It's got f all to do with her being a woman and you know it.

Mockery is fine (the lettuce stuff was funny), it's the in person hassling that I have a problem with
So... a different incident entirely then?

NB: The word "hassle" implies a lot more disruption than the existence of a poster.
She wasn't jostled, she wasn't heckled, or interrupted; she could easily have ignored it, and it would have just hung there passively. There was no bothering, there was no hassling, there was no harassing.

As above, she's putting herself on public display, trying to raise publicity - she's fair game.
She's not at home, or being private in a public space.

not necessarily this incident.
I'd suggest that if yourself or NBS want to discuss different incidents to the incident under discussion - you should bring them in, not mention them in passing and expect everyone to know exactly what you're talking about, and follow along.

Latest posts