• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

View attachment 18617

This was a headline on the daily express, which has since been changed. The mental gymnastics of these Brexit fanatics is astonishing. After voting for Brexit, it's apparently a "scheming" EU "betraying" the UK by not including us in an EU project when we're not in the EU...

Do these people have any ******* sense at all? You just know if we were included, they'd whine about that too.
The whole point of Brexit (from the Brexiteers pov) was to pick and choose which benefits of being in the EU they could have without having to follow the rules.

No surprise they still want it.

Posting even though the article is 2 weeks old, as seen that another cemetery has recently been destroyed over the past few days.
Ah but hamas are hiding underground.

The IDF clearly detected high concentrations of people hiding underground in these areas and targeted them. No collateral damage, that the IDF care about, was caused.

Quite clearly, TRF is a total hotbed of anti-Semitism with all these posts rooted in logic and fact.

Ah but hamas are hiding underground.

The IDF clearly detected high concentrations of people hiding underground in these areas and targeted them. No collateral damage, that the IDF care about, was caused.

Quite clearly, TRF is a total hotbed of anti-Semitism with all these posts rooted in logic and fact.
Who said TRF was a hotbed of anti semitism?

Also, not that I condone much of their recent actions, but wasn't that hospital Hamas bombing (that everyone assumed was Isreal but turned out to be a stray Hamas missile) fired from a cemetery? Could be wrong on that and I don't know anything on these cemetery incidents but if true then it's a pretty reasonable target is it not?

*Goes hunting for previous post about how Trump's appointments in the Supreme Court will just undo it all*
If and when the USA returns to normality, the supreme court is going to be in the firing line for how corrupt it is. No accountability, jobs for life and the ability to stack the court with people completely unfit for the role mean it is long overdue reform.

If and when the USA returns to normality, the supreme court is going to be in the firing line for how corrupt it is. No accountability, jobs for life and the ability to stack the court with people completely unfit for the role mean it is long overdue reform.
Yeah, its a very fuzzy line of separation of executive, legislative and judicial branches when the executive branch can ultimately appoint the judicial branch.

You'd think it'd be a clearer separation if the judicial branch appointed the supreme court from within.

Right cause it's final not final cause it's right.

We've had bad Supreme Court eras in the past and future courts have just undone their work. Issue is how young the trump appointments are and how stacked the court is right now. But it is absurd how much power they have.

me - in that highly sarcastic post.

and probably some clown within mossad as they target us all for kidnapping.
I'm curious what you think Isreal should've done in response to October 7th. Judging by a lot of comments I've seen on line Isreal should've just kinda taken it on the chin or at least should constantly adhere to ceasefires ad infinitum until another attack. I feel that other countries wouldn't be held to the standard Isreal are.

I don't like Netenyahu and I lean Palestinian on this conflict but at the one end you have your Ben Shapiro's where Isreal can do no wrong and on the other you have people that think Isreal have no right to exist and should just be genocided out of existence or kindly told to **** off. There's no sensible middle ground these days but then this is true of a lot of politics in general.

It's a little harsh to expect a rugby discussion forum, with a complete lack of any Nobel peace prizes to come up with a workable solution to the Middle East.

But that doesn't mean that we can't spot war crimes when we see them.

There's also this opinion piece to suggest why the SC are delaying making such a judgement.
The thing the article misses is that the corrupt supreme court do not give a damn about appearances of impropriety, criminality or inconsistency. Multiple judges have taken actions that are outright illegal and as a minimum would see them disbarred at any other level of the judiciary. The conservative judges all said under oath that Roe vs Wade was settled law and they would not try to overturn it, right before overturning it. Lying under oath is also a crime for which they have not been punished.

They will more than happily create whatever bullshit reason they want to defend Trump knowing they are untouchable.

It's a little harsh to expect a rugby discussion forum, with a complete lack of any Nobel peace prizes to come up with a workable solution to the Middle East.

But that doesn't mean that we can't spot war crimes when we see them.
I'm not asking for solutions, I'm asking him, and others if they want to contribute, what, in their opinion, would they consider a reasonable response to October 7th.

Talk of war crimes is most certainly fair and should be called out by what about Hamas's war crimes on October 7th which started this **** show, well recent **** show anyway as we all know the next one is just around the corner.

I personally don't think the stats back up that Isreal are deliberately targeting civilians and/or bombing indiscriminately but I know Hamas go out of their way to deliberately target not only Israeli civilians but also their own Palestinian ones as well.

The sad thing about all this is that, as Hamas intended, we are so far away from the only workable solution to this mess which is a 2 state solution. Isreal are always going to point to October 7th amongst others as why their safety cannot be guaranteed and Isreal are going to shamelessly expand settlements in the West Bank when we all know any workable solution will, at the very least, require Isreal to **** off entirely out of the West Bank pulling out all settlements but that's a pipe dream now.

but what about Hamas's war crimes on October 7th which started this **** show, well recent **** show anyway as we all know the next one is just around the corner.
What about them? they've been roundly and repeatedly condemned by every poster talking about it here.

They were also 10 weeks ago - do we really still have to precede every post with "Hamas bad" before talking about Israel's response? surely the first few dozen times saying that per poster was enough to make that point?

FTR, I'm still failing to see the difference between wanting someone's answer on what Israel should do, and a viable solution for what Israel should do.

The sad thing about all this is that, as Hamas intended, we are so far away from the only workable solution to this mess which is a 2 state solution. Isreal are always going to point to October 7th amongst others as why their safety cannot be guaranteed and Isreal are going to shamelessly expand settlements in the West Bank when we all know any workable solution will, at the very least, require Isreal to **** off entirely out of the West Bank pulling out all settlements but that's a pipe dream now.
Both sides are at fault but the fact remains, Israel are the ones with the power and at least claiming to be a modern society. Hamas are at fault for frequent acts of terrorism and definitely do use civilians as human shields to try to protect themselves from retaliation. However this is too often framed as Hamas does something, Israel reacts, everyone gets angry, it settles down after Israel have blown up lots of stuff and then nothing until the next Hamas attack. It ignores that in between these big events, Hamas constantly launch much smaller attacks and Israel is constantly persecuting people in the west bank, driving thousands from their homes and allowing "settlers" to literally get away with murder as they constantly steal land from the locals. This last bit is glossed over all the time but Israel has overseen the forces displacement and murder of 10's of thousands of Gazans and people in the west bank during the periods in which nothing is reported. They are not just the victims they try to pretend they are.

In the past Israel has violated the security of western countries, including their agents setting off a bomb in a western nation to kill an "enemy of Israel" with zero regard for collateral damage. This was sponsored by the state. Nothing suggests they would not do this again at the drop of a hat. Innocents were routinely killed as Mossad were more than happy to use bombs in public places for their assassinations.

Last edited:
What about them? they've been roundly and repeatedly condemned by every poster talking about it here.

They were also 10 weeks ago - do we really still have to precede every post with "Hamas bad" before talking about Israel's response? surely the first few dozen times saying that per poster was enough to make that point?

FTR, I'm still failing to see the difference between wanting someone's answer on what Israel should do, and a viable solution for what Israel should do.
I think asking for a workable solution to the Middle East is a tad different to asking what the response should be to a specific incident but I appreciate it's hard and there's no real right or wrong answer especially with no access to a parallel universe to see how things would've panned out differently.

I'm mentioning "Hamas bad" because the specific context of this conversation is what wound you have done in response to October 7th. Being attacked is pretty crucial in this context. I don't think Israel would've have done this if Hamas hadn't of attacked for example.

Latest posts