Academy Player
1723587324170.jpeg

1723587607764.jpeg

Venue: Eden Park, Auckland
Referee: Andrea Piardi (Italy)

All Blacks: TBA
Los Pumas: TBA

Last edited:
On the previous two occasions they have beaten New Zealand, Argentina have been walloped in the second game. Even though it's at Eden Park I don't think this will follow the same pattern. The ABs could have easily lost every home test so far this year. They were extremely fortunate to beat England 2-0 - I think England contributed a huge amount to their own downfall in that series. They've got by on individual pieces of brilliance whilst looking average as a team. I think the ABs will win this game but I don't expect them to suddenly click and smash Argentina, I think it will be a grind like both England games were.

they have now selected 4 opensides....one of which has announced his retirement....also TJ keeps his gig even though almost everyone not paid by NZR saw him as a huge handbrake to our attack (2-3 steps before passing every time)

they dont seem to care about fixing the issues the rest of us see or building for the future

1723680194462.png

they have now selected 4 opensides....one of which has announced his retirement....also TJ keeps his gig even though almost everyone not paid by NZR saw him as a huge handbrake to our attack (2-3 steps before passing every time)

they dont seem to care about fixing the issues the rest of us see or building for the future

View attachment 21027
Yes, very disappointing selection, looks like somehow Foster got into Razor's brain.

This lack of vision and courage from Razor is truly perplexing.

i really feel people would cut razor more slack if he was doing something different, we could see how he was trying to improve things...and copping the odd loss in his first year....but hes not going to get a lot of sympathy if we lose doing the same things fozzie was doing

Yeah Jonah should've been left at loose forward.

Total fantasy world where NZ fans forgive an AB coach for losing because he was experimenting. The "forgiveness" comes afterward, when they win.

I tend to believe Razor at this point: players aren't executing the game plan.

Multiple reasons for this, most glaring being level of Super Rugby is further away from club rugby in Europe than we want to admit.

• Argentina: Juan Cruz Mallía; Matías Moroni, Lucio Cinti, Santiago Chocobares y Mateo Carreras; Santiago Carreras y Gonzalo Bertranou; Juan Martín González, Joaquín Oviedo y Pablo Matera; Pedro Rubiolo y Marcos Kremer; Lucio Sordoni, Julián Montoya y Thomas Gallo.
5 backrowers this time plus gallo if the game has to many srums this can go wrong.

Hilarious "intercept" - Argentina 9 passes at an all black penalty to try and win an offside penalty but doesn't realise the ref has called the ball as out repeatedly
ABs then score from it

Great performance by NZ. Horrendous performance by Argentina. Three things they are doing terribly:

One is pure securing of the ball at the breakdown (and generally the scrumhalf making poor decisions).

Two is the scrums, almost a guaranteed penalty for NZ.

Third and I think crucially, being afraid of contact. Every player is stepping to the left or right with no momentum when they receive the ball, trying to spot a gap they can run into. It's a wet game, that's a guaranteed way to get smashed back. You need to be running in with momentum to get across the gainline in the wet.

Well this is embarrassing for Argentina

'I'm not sure that's a head collision' what the **** is the commentator on?

There's no head contact but he was high and the impact was high on his shoulder which does "snap" the tackled player's head. Got to be some force going through his head.

Absolutely outplayed. Happens. If i recall correctly something similar happened last time we beat nz.

Hilarious "intercept" - Argentina 9 passes at an all black penalty to try and win an offside penalty but doesn't realise the ref has called the ball as out repeatedly
ABs then score from it
Question for the ones who watched that play: Wasn't the AB player offside before the ref said the ball was out?
I m not particularly fond of Bertranou but that particular call seemed questionable.

The ridiculous over-praising of the NZ performance that I've seen today is the perfect example as to why the All Blacks' standards have fallen in the last 5/6 years. According to some journalists the ABs have "answered the critics". No they haven't. One decent performance against an emotionally-drained Argentina doesn't prove anything. The phrase "covering over the cracks" springs to mind.

There hasn't been one All Blacks performance so far this season that would be good enough to beat the Springboks in my opinion. Going on current form I honestly think the Boks win both games by minimum 10 points.

• Argentina: Juan Cruz Mallía; Matías Moroni, Lucio Cinti, Santiago Chocobares y Mateo Carreras; Santiago Carreras y Gonzalo Bertranou; Juan Martín González, Joaquín Oviedo y Pablo Matera; Pedro Rubiolo y Marcos Kremer; Lucio Sordoni, Julián Montoya y Thomas Gallo.
5 backrowers this time plus gallo if the game has to many srums this can go wrong.
Oh it went wrong. with that light pack rain was imposible to handle
Wonder if Felipe even looked for the wether forecast. Once the big boys came in, they got better. Too late obviously. Bertranou was terrible today. Minute 52: is Sam Cane allowed to do what ever he wants?

Last edited:

Latest posts