17 Mayco Vivas
18 Joel Sclavi
19 Efrain Elias
20 Tomas Lavanini
21 Joaquin Oviedo
22 Lautaro Bazan Velez
23 Tomas Albornoz

Head coach: Felipe Contepomi

Would love the Pumas to really take it to the All Blacks and push them for 80 minutes - this is a game where NZ will either score 2/3 tries early and kill the contest before it starts, or Argentina will get into them and make it a real dogfight of a game. ABs should win by 20.

I thought any shoulder to head contact was a minimum yellow card.

Claiming the Argentina player ran into the New Zealand defender's shoulder is a bit weak considering they were making the tackle and should have been lower.

Argentina ahead by 5 with 8 minutes left.

Squeaky bum time for New Zealand.

Penalty to Argentina. If they kick it they lead by 8 with three minutes left.

Thats massive one terms of the final table. No points on the log from a home game for NZ.

Think Razor and a lot of ABs fans have just been handed a massive reality check. They are going to cop some defeats this year. Those two games in SA are going to be grisly.

Magnificent feat of the pumas.
Congratulations for this beautiful and highly deserved victory.
I suppose that in the next match, the all blacks will tighten the vice and take their revenge but this defeat will have serious consequences for the rest of the competition.
Scott Robertson underestimated Argentina.

Claiming the Argentina player ran into the New Zealand defender's shoulder is a bit weak considering they were making the tackle and should have been lower.
No, that's a common way of reffing it - if the defender is passive in the tackle then there isn't a high degree of danger

Thought that was a pretty good game. We lost because of our mistakes, but it wasn't exactly error ridden - the pumas just took their opportunities.

Argentina were pretty good.

I didn't think we were too bad except we need to get better at clearing (maybe utilize Jordie if he stays in the team) and need some better attack structures. our maul defence was poor which was interesting to see given Ryan went five years in super without the crusaders conceding a maul try. Maybe start aumua for some extra punch, especially as he didn't do well off the bench under pressure.

Darry was very good, especially on defence - was a good idea to utilize him for chop tackles rather than trying to go for dominant tackles. Suited him better.

I thought the call was ok.
It's as if they are making things up as they go. I dont mind the call itself, but from a consistency point of view it's kinda sad.
Strictly speaking he did follow the protocol

1723291060330.png

And, most importantly

1723291154848.png

I Think Angus got this one right.

Scott Robertson underestimated Argentina.
Doubt it, but the players sure did.

Some of them look like they're still scarred from the Foster era. The only reason they reached a WC final was because they were underdogs in a QF for the first time ever and then Ireland choked.

Well done Argies. In an ideal world they kick on from here and finish at least 2nd in the comp but now watch them lose twice to Australia.

The only reason they reached a WC final was because they were underdogs in a QF for the first time ever and then Ireland choked.

My two cents. Not sure i agree. The problem with NZ lately (world cup or now) is consistency and your 'lows'. You mentioned Ireland. NZ performing at their best today/at the world cup are/were better than Ireland imo.
Thing is that Ireland is better on an average day (as in not your best day). You both had a good game game against each other (WC).

The 'magical' thing the All Blacks brought to the table, i mean historically, was that you rarely had a bad game. Your lows were high enough to beat everyone but 1-2 teams. Your highs are not the problem, you still have that in you.

Always a good day when New Zealand lose. Nice one Argentina. Makes the competition a lot more interesting. Of course watch New Zealand win it still! lol

Latest posts