• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Italy - 16/03/24

Very funny how the usual "it's about who's developed the player" gang have been very quiet since the turncoat went over to England. I mean, F me the guy said in November it was his dream to play for Wales but now he's English through and through geez.
Not really, I said I didn't like him turning out for England even if he did go to school here and transfer to Wasps academy
He's pretty clearly Welsh and only turning out for England because it benefits him career wise, which IMO isn't what international rugby should be about

Done now, though, so might as well get on with it (unless he doesn't play for three years, now, and turns out for Wales at the next world cup, in which case I'll be calling Wales poachers with the best of em)

Looking forward to this one. Could go either way, but home advantage swings it just for me.
As for George North, fantastic player in his heyday. Good luck to him. I'm glad he is retiring as he has taken too many bad head knocks for his own good (much like Sam Underhill)

"EQP plays for England" shocker. It's not as if he had a 'Made in Wales' tattoo on his arse. [smiles brightly]

Bonus point for anyone who remembers which player was born and schooled in Essex, had "Made In England" tattooed on his butt and played international rugby for…..Wales.

Basically. For five of six nations it's in line with what you'd expect in a modern world with plenty of migration. Then there is Scotland.
Didn't realise Harri O'Connor was born/raised in England. I thought he came through the Scarlets academy?

Had a quick look and dad was stationed in England whilst in the army, so another questionable one.

Bonus point for anyone who remembers which player was born and schooled in Essex, had "Made In England" tattooed on his butt and played international rugby for…..Wales.
Copsey, forget his first name. Bit before my time, but I met him about 10 years ago, monster of a man!

Never showed me the tat

To get this right, Wales avoid the wooden spoon if they win by more than 7 points.

If they don't then they have to win by a bonus point and 6 or more points.
No, they need to win +12 with no bonus points scored. Italy currently -37, Wales -48 points.

Technically Italy can score 2 bonus points this weekend, just like Scotland, and still lose but they would not get the wooden spoon.

If Wales get one bonus points and deny Italy a BP then a win would see them avoiding the WS.

No, they need to win +12 with no bonus points scored. Italy currently -37, Wales -48 points.

Technically Italy can score 2 bonus points this weekend, just like Scotland, and still lose but they would not get the wooden spoon.

If Wales get one bonus points and deny Italy a BP then a win would see them avoiding the WS.
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Sort of, I'm an analyst with Asperger's
Although Italy and Wales are playing each other. So say Wales win by 12, their PD goes to -36 but Italy's falls to -49. If they weren't playing each other you'd be correct.

But as you said, if Italy gain 2 bonus points they can't be passed

Think Gatland has a press conference today so will surely be asked about why our best lock is on the bench. It's funny, both times that's happened this tournament Howley and King have both given the same answer of "you'll have to ask Gats about that"

No Capuozzo for Italy. That's a shame but their attack isn't all about him anymore so it's not as much of a blow in my opinion as it would have been last year. Think the two centres are more important for getting the go forward.

That back will be a real handful for Wales, Cannone was an absolute tank last year.

Last edited:
Think Gatland has a press conference today so will surely be asked about why our best lock is on the bench. It's funny, both times that's happened this tournament Howley and King have both given the same answer of "you'll have to ask Gats about that"
Didnt love that press conference, didnt hear the whole thing just snippets of him talking about 2003 and 2005... seemed a bit defeatist.

No Capuozzo for Italy. That's a shame but their attack isn't all about him anymore so it's not as much of a blow in my opinion as it would have been last year. Think the two centres are more important for getting the go forward.

That back will be a real handful for Wales, Cannone was an absolute tank last year.

No Capuozzo is a hit, hes a hell of a ball player. Menoncello and Brex are big string players, theyll eat up mistakes outside 10 when Costello makes them.

Little surprised Vintcent didnt get another shot, he was immense last week and led the defensive line really well, not that Cannones a slouch tho.

We need to get at the Italian set peice, and kick very well to win this. There is one thing we desperately need on 60 mins, and that's a good lead.

Fingers crossed the game goes similar to last year, Italy came out sloppy, and by the time they took control mistakes were unavoidable.

IMHO this is a monumental game for Italy, win and finish 3rd will catapult them into a new era, somehow get another wooden spoon despite a win and draw would be devastating, they dont deserve that!

Although Italy and Wales are playing each other. So say Wales win by 12, their PD goes to -36 but Italy's falls to -49. If they weren't playing each other you'd be correct.

But as you said, if Italy gain 2 bonus points they can't be passed
You are quite correct, mea culpa

I think Italy are going to win this as long as they have a decent start. The longer the game goes on I think the pressure will get to Wales. Wales 24 - 27 Italy.

I think Italy are going to win this as long as they have a decent start. The longer the game goes on I think the pressure will get to Wales. Wales 24 - 27 Italy.
This is a difficult comment to disagree with. I think Wales only hope is scoreboard pressure forcing Italy to panic.

Especially looking at that Wales bench, outside of Rowlands it's all untested kids. I cant imagine any of them coming off to control, or put Wales in a position to win!

Latest posts