English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 08.25.53.png

Big game for Scotland, eyes have to be firmly on 2nd place at least this year. Redpath is a different player to Sione but still a real talent, full strength team and get a decent haul of point please!

Italy victory.

Which makes all that whining about the France loss irrelevant.

It's probably a sad state of where this years 6N is at that a rebuilding Italy, against probably the strongest Scotland team this century, strong settled and performing, isnt a gimme. Italy have a shot at catching Scotland out here.

I'm not predicting an Italy win, but theyve shown enough to be competitive.

A] I'm pretty comfortable that this is a gimme.
B] Why would greater competition and interest be a sad state of affairs?

A] I'm pretty comfortable that this is a gimme.
B] Why would greater competition and interest be a sad state of affairs?
Greater competition and interest? This is the least competitive 6N in recent memory, with only Ireland turning up, the rest of the 6N teams are low quality.

The only big game we had to look forward to was Ireland v France, and that was awful.

the standard this year is so low, a rebuilding Italy with a new coach nearly beat last years RWC favourites, despite looking awful.

Scotland have stagnated in recent seasons, were awful against anyone of any note in the RWC and despite not being very good look like they should finish 2nd hahaha

Greater competition and interest?
Yes.
You're claiming (not me, you) that it's sad that matches that you feel should be gimmes aren't - thus there is greater competition, and thus greater interest.

If that's not what you meant, then you should try using different words.
It's probably a sad state ... isnt a gimme. Italy have a shot at catching Scotland out here.

I'm not predicting an Italy win, but theyve shown enough to be competitive.

a rebuilding Italy with a new coach nearly beat last years RWC favourites

But I'm talking in Scotlands co text lol it's a sad state of affairs for Scotland, their greatest ever team doesnt have the confidence to write off a restructuring, newly coached Italy team.

You understand context right?

But let me take your argument to its logical conclusion, competitiveness is gooder.

National league 6 east is having a barnstormer, 4 teams beat each other, all vying for top... how interested are you?

Competitiveness is only interesting at the highest level, France Wales and England taking 3 4 and 19 steps backwards doesnt increase the 6N.

Ireland and Scotland IMHO are exactly where they were for the last 2 seasons, as are Italy. Frances see. To have flashed and crashed, England are in rebuild and Wales have crashed harder than Schumacher.

But let me ask you, which game last up will be more co.petitive, Wales v Italy, or Ireland v Scotland?

I don't want to sound bitter, but i honestly don't think Scotland have improved from last year. They've won 2 out of 3, against a virtually rookie Welsh team whilst nearly blowing a 27-0 lead, and a dire England team that have nearly lost to Samoa and Italy in the last 6 months, and have lost to Fiji. If Scotland were at the level they were in the 6N last year they would have destroyed a poor France at home.

Italy have a chance here, I'm convinced of it. I've said Italy will win a game this year and I'm sticking with that. If they start well here they are more than capable of winning this game in my opinion. I think there will be less than 7 points in it either way.

But I'm talking in Scotlands co text lol it's a sad state of affairs for Scotland, their greatest ever team doesnt have the confidence to write off a restructuring, newly coached Italy team.
In the Scottish context, then yes, it's sad for Scotland.

However, I was unaware that Scotland were playing in the Ireland v France, or the Italy v France match (ie. the matches you explicitly name checked)

I'm aware of how context works - it works when the context either already exists, or is made scplicit, rather than being assumed.

Now, are you aware that "a gimme" is less competitive than a match that either team "has a shot at". Or are you just deflecting?

In the Scottish context, then yes, it's sad for Scotland.

However, I was unaware that Scotland were playing in the Ireland v France, or the Italy v France match (ie. the matches you explicitly name checked)

I'm aware of how context works - it works when the context either already exists, or is made scplicit, rather than being assumed.

Now, are you aware that "a gimme" is less competitive than a match that either team "has a shot at". Or are you just deflecting?
Maybe why are you trying so hard to win an argument as opposed to putting your points forward and discussing the issue with good intentions?

I asked you a very specific question, why did you just ignore it? My point was just to highlight the Wales italy game will be more competitive, bit a lesser spectacle. It really isnt that hard to understand my point...

Scotland stagnated, other teams at a low level isnt good for the tournament. I much preferred 2019, Wales, Ireland and England had to battle it out, France were improving as were Scotland.

That Wales GS is far more impressive than irelands this year, because there is literally no competition.

GIDk_2cWIAAzJYh.jpeg

As expected Redpath in for Sione, Horne in with Price on the bench, I haven't heard any issues with Ben White so don't know what's going on there

Update: apparently White is "recharging"

Last edited:
That's a strange sight to see, an Italian team with an average pack and some actually exciting backs.

If Garbisi can get things going, the centres and back 3 could be exciting.

Havnt heard much about Lynagh since he burst onto the scene and made the move, anyone seeing him play regularly?
An average Italian pack? Are you serious?

The Sopranos Hbo GIF