• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Italy vs England - 03/02/24

Had a match so wasn't able to watch. Anyone wanna give me a quick summary?
First 25: terrible (Daly try good: but their 2nd try a few mins after was terrible so I'm counting the Daly try in the next 50 and their try in the first 25 despite being the other way round)
Next 50: decent, but probably the bare minimum you'd expect vs Italy
Last 5: terrible

Chill TF out. We won the game, showed some improvement in attack and blooded some new players.

Yes we made a fair few mistakes but its a platform to build on.

In the WC we had no attack at all. We had to kick it because all we could do well. We have some improvements to make but i dont get the anger.

Seriously you think SB is a miracle worker who can create a 6N winning team in a couple of weeks training together?

Negativity is going to far
Well said.

First 25: terrible
Next 50: decent, but probably the bare minimum you'd expect vs Italy
Last 5: terrible
worth watching the game but in reality Italy came within one try decision of winning . could easily have gone the other way

worth watching the game but in reality Italy came within one try decision of winning . could easily have gone the other way
Yeah, I was resting England's performance rather than the game itself - imagine it was OK for a neutral with 5 tries n that

For a while you thought there might be an upset but we closed Italy down in the 2nd half and didn't really look like losing. Italy though had the players to conjure some inspiration and our defence was a bit disorganised so they always had a puncher's chance. Still literally our worst ever result against them and odds on they'll be whitewashed again.

The good: Freeman, defensive line speed - suspiciously fast at times, attacking the Italian line out. Roots was fine but when everyone's available we have better. And, er…..otherwise just a bit meh.

Like Chessum a lot but I think he lacks the outright power to be a totally convincing lock. Think it's only a matter of time before we see Itoje and Martin in the row with Chessum at 6. CCS on the other hand is a naturally powerful unit - lot to learn but one decent carry and put himself about a bit in the tackle……powerful, aggressive, according to Launch is coming on well in the line out and should definitely be invested in.

Latest posts