• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

We look weak at 10, I like Lloyd but he's too inexperienced and needs time playing club level.
Dunno to be honest.

If your not going to be up for the fight when playing England in a tight game at twickenham, when are you?

Any semblance fight in him and earl doesn't score that try.

Dunno to be honest.

If your not going to be up for the fight when playing England in a tight game at twickenham, when are you?

Any semblance fight in him and earl doesn't score that try.
Think your neglecting how explosive from a static start Earl is.

Think your neglecting how explosive from a static start Earl is.
I am doing no such thing. Earl's explosiveness got him that far. Lloyds cowardice let him complete the job.

Did you see the attempt at a tackle?
Doesn't matter how explosive you are if you've already two men hanging off you and the third has the balls to stand firm.

I am doing no such thing. Earl's explosiveness got him that far. Lloyds cowardice let him complete the job.

Did you see the attempt at a tackle?
Doesn't matter how explosive you are if you've already two men hanging off you and the third has the balls to stand firm.
yes I did, bottom line is I am not expecting my 10 to prevent the oppositions 8 scoring a try, especially with a two man advantage.

yes I did, bottom line is I am not expecting my 10 to prevent the oppositions 8 scoring a try, especially with a two man advantage.
ah, now your just bullsh*tting.

I expect my 10 to help my 6 and 9 in helping prevent the opposition 8 scoring a try. Not merely get in the road of my 12 helping out.

(edit to get my numbers right!)

I mostly agree there. I'd hope for more from every player on thr pitch. Including the 10. However, the player who needed to make the tackle on Earl was Alex Mann.

ah, now your just bullsh*tting.

I expect my 10 to help my 6 and 8 in helping prevent the opposition 8 scoring a try. Not merely get in the road of my 9 helping out.
If my 7 and 8 (should be amongst the strongest tacklers in my team) are struggling to stop a dominant ball carrier making ground why would I expect one of my smallest (often amongst the weakest).

If my 7 and 8 (should be amongst the strongest tacklers in my team) are struggling to stop a dominant ball carrier making ground why would I expect one of my smallest (often amongst the weakest).

Because the 10 was not side on and with the other tacklers was in a brilliant position to completely arrest Earl's momentum.

How you cannot see that the pathetic attempt at a tackle from Lloyd was the major factor in Earl scoring is beyond me.

One on one? Sure, fair point
But turning a double tackle into a triple? I mean just getting his body in the way he could've caused it to be held up
He completely backed out of the hit (and did multiple other times in the game), that's inexcusable at the top level

How you can hold probably one of the weakest tacklers on the team
Responsible for a try scored by an 8 whilst having a two man advantage is beyond me. I want a lot from my 10 stopping an 8 on my line isn't one of them, if he can great but it's not really what I'm picking him for.

Because the 10 was not side on and with the other tacklers was in a brilliant position to completely arrest Earl's momentum.

How you cannot see that the pathetic attempt at a tackle from Lloyd was the major factor in Earl scoring is beyond me.
Let's give lloyd the benefit of the doubt, and say he was a little soft but you dont expect a 10 to make that tackle...

He still ****** around under his own post ball in hand, giving away the scrum in the first place!

But turning a double tackle into a triple? I mean just getting his body in the way he could've caused it to be held up
He completely backed out of the hit (and did multiple other times in the game), that's inexcusable at the top level
I'm talking solely of the Earl try, if you concede a big part of 7 & 8 is tackling they should have done better, I don't think it's fairly to soley blame the 10.

How you can hold probably one of the weakest tacklers on the team
Responsible for a try scored by an 8 whilst having a two man advantage is beyond me. I want a lot from my 10 stopping an 8 on my line isn't one of them, if he can great but it's not really what I'm picking him for.
He doesnt have to stop Earl... but he has to try!

He doesnt have to stop Earl... but he has to try!
That's fair, my 7 and 8 double teaming have to complete the tackle really if we're being hyper critical, it's kind of their bread and butter.

His attempt at a tache is also inexcusable.

Latest posts