• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2024/25 Pool Draws

Also how many pubs are going to pay the subscription for premier sports? Already have sky and TNT don't see many doing it for Premier sports aswell espcially given it has nothing outside of it

Now I know how poor Rishi felt not having Sky.

£10.99 doesn't seem a lot in isolation but most folks are paying multiple subscriptions already. Hopefully Amazon prime swoops in after these Premier deals expire - good production too.

Anything Paul Williams writes can just be flushed down the toilet with all the other rancid sludge, tbf

I'd be very interested to see viewing figures of TNT Euro Games vs Premier Sports Euro Games - think PS is going to be a fraction, really underestimating English viewing figures
Pretty sure Prem Final had more viewers than the URC final did, despite URC having 5 countries inc. South Africa

Edit: Prem Final 1.25mi, URC 1.1mi

I don't think anyone was underestimating English viewers. It's a bigger population than Ireland and the rest of Britain put together. They've ****** it.

Still doesnt stop having three competitions for the cost of a Spotify subscription being a good deal for rugby fans.

This ends up being ideal for South Africans based in the UK like me. But I can definitely see the frustration as an English fan. Having your two leagues broken up between two providers is incredibly frustrating - I've felt the pain of this before and would actively go to pubs for Champions Cup games as TNT wasn't worth it for me for only 4-7 games in a season (especially since TNT is so much more expensive because of the other things it comes with that I don't care about).

I know that even rugby focused pubs don't have Premier Sports (went to Hargreaves' Wolfpack in Hampstead to watch the Stormers URC final and subsequently had to watch it there on my phone as they didn't have it). I think in this case the Rugby pubs may have their hands forced, but more general sports pubs are unlikely to bite

Shouldn't have hard-balled TNT, they're much bigger/richer than the EPCR considering they have the weight of Discovery behind them - they don't need rugby, but EPCR need them

Considering the reports are all saying Premier are paying pennies on the dollar because TNT straight up walked away from negotiations I bet TNT offered better terms before EPCR came back wanting more
I believe World Rugby pushed for this too. The belief is they want to Partner with Premier to get all content on this in sense. Are we to expect next target is Premiership

I don't think anyone was underestimating English viewers. It's a bigger population than Ireland and the rest of Britain put together. They've ****** it.

Still doesnt stop having three competitions for the cost of a Spotify subscription being a good deal for rugby fans.
Yeah having a bundle is amazing. In America pay 250 a year for URC, Europe, and top 14. World cup and six nations are on streaming I have anyway. Premiership left for another service that is 10 a month and I just don't care about it that much.

Terrible competition format with too many teams, and infinitely too many non-European teams had already harmed the European Cup massively.
Having a separate subscription just harms it further.
I won't be taking out a new subscription.

ETA: If it's a move to get all the European rugby competitions onto one provider then fine, maybe I'll pick it up once that's done.
The Prem still retains some of its interest for me, EPRC had gotten to the point that I didn't even watch all the Bath matches, whereas a few years ago I'd be watching 4-6 matches per weekend.

Terrible competition format with too many teams, and infinitely too many non-European teams had already harmed the European Cup massively.

ETA: If it's a move to get all the European rugby competitions onto one provider then fine, maybe I'll pick it up once that's done.
The Prem still retains some of its interest for me, EPRC had gotten to the point that I didn't even watch all the Bath matches, whereas a few years ago I'd be watching 4-6 matches per weekend.
Hate the format. Your in a league against other teams, but don't actually play them all. Draw is massive and then if a team loses once or twice they might well give up completely.

Spot on. Saved me a post.

So…..

6N / RWC on terrestrial

Prem on TNT. Got that.

AI on TNT (got) and Discovery + (not sure)

Euro Cups on Premier (not got, won't get. Become something I'll watch if it's on, but I won't cross the road for it).

Lions on Sky. Got, but might can as I barely watch it. And who really cares about the Lions now?

All beautifully joined up. Going to turn off some hardcore fans and unlikely to attract new ones.

Not a case of affordability, but irritation and principle. I'll just engage less with rugby and spend more time on "the home of cycling" Eurosport.

I never even really considered it before, it really is a kick in the ***s - Ireland force it on us and then we have to pay for it despite Ireland rolling in cash compared to the Prem

Said it before but Rob Baxter said that having an away game to South Africa in Europe means you lose money on your whole European campaign, because margins are so fine and SA travel/accommodation (and presumably increased insurance?) is so high
Baxter knows

Latest posts