• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England Squad

Interesting about Itoje. Hope he's well first off. .regardless of rugby.

But it sounds like he is and has it under control now..

Might be a hormone issue. Maybe she's hopped on to the South African 'legal' hormones route 😂

I find it so hard to actually have an opinion on anything about English rugby at the moment.

Does Lawrence/Slade work as a centre pairing? **** knows, because they never get the ball from 10.

Is Smith a capable international 10? **** knows, because he never gets decent ball from his pack.

Which players in the pack aren't firing (or, who are misfiring the least)? **** knows, because they're getting so battered as a unit that even any good ones would have a tough time standing out.

I actually just have no idea what's going on any more.

I was so disappointed Willis didn't have any memorable moments rate him so highly and I know it's tough as hell to criticise when the entire pack were dominated but I've seen that at Wasps and he's still come out with big moments and lead by example, honestly just think we were shell shocked and didn't anticipate the brutality the French were going to bring.

I will reiterate what I have said for many years and I will say it again.

Im not shocked. Im very impressed but I know what happened today. We are a very small side in the pack, or rather we aren't a powerful side. France from 1-8 are very explosive and can all punch a hole, even those who were 2nd or 3rd string as we saw today in the front row. Genge does a nice thing here or there, Sinckler has a nice game here or there, Itoje remember what he used to do?

All of them and I mean all 8, even those who stood up a bit, were marmalised by a powerful french pack. We're also unfit. It was noticeable when we played at pace, the pack and most of the backs for that matter werent fast enough both in mind and literally fast enough, to keep up with what smith or Farrell were trying to do. They werent fit enough to be in support, to be at the rucks, to win ANY collision, they couldn't keep up with international rugby. Again Itoje included.

S&C is a horror show. Look at Dombrandt, Jesus I'm a Quins fan but look at Dombrandt and Ludlam, compare them to any french forward. They carry a lot of timber, the french lads carry no timber across the park, are massive, go through their sets in attack and defence, are quick in fleet and mind, are throw their weight around and are clinical.

It's been years since we've done that.

How did Ben get on?
A positive impact after coming on. He did a few nice things, turnover, disrupted and slowed a few French rucks, worked around the place but nothing amazing and overall England were just getting ruined so it is hard to say too much more.

I thought as an individual he can probably hold his head up. I'd start him next match as the squad apparently can't be changed much and TBH, thought he did enough earlier in the tournament to warrant more starts. Willis did not have "moments" that we come to expect from him today, for example, and I think Curry would annoy the Irish in breakdowns more.

~😅

England really are a heap of cow **** in every way.
Absolutely no redeeming features during that game bar how well they stood in a circle behind the posts....

The forward pack offered no game line breaking ability at all and seemed confused by anything more than "take ball and run that way". Bar one or two runs here and there they were anonymous and about as threatening in attack and defence as a new born kitten.
The backrow forwards are no. Existant. Ludlow was man handled every time he tried to carry, Willis was pushed off ever ruck he went for and the less said about dombrant the better, who must have been swigging cans of superbru after training to be so out of shape.

Scrum halves, I swear JVP has been possessed by the ghost of Ben Young's. If it wasn't slow ruck ball it was pointless in contestable high kicks.
Mitchell wasnt much better did ten minutes then looked absolutely ******.

The centres were bar just outclassed, again a issue from the clubs not training anyone instead just buying in players.

England will forever be **** if the clubs refuse to actually invest in their academies.
Theres no way to compete with the Irish, south African or french academy products unless we go down the poaching south Africans route.

English rugby is on a knife edge, fans are already leaving early after 3 year of dross how much longer before fans refuse to pay £300 odd to see players not giving a ****?

I think Dombrandts time in the 8 shirt is almost up.

Sinckler back to his normal mediocrity after a few decent games...

The whole pack in general lack explosive power and speed.

And the breakdown today...wow...France got it right.

Danty was exceptional.

He got his kit muddy very quickly…
What a boy

A positive impact after coming on. He did a few nice things, turnover, disrupted and slowed a few French rucks, worked around the place but nothing amazing and overall England were just getting ruined so it is hard to say too much more.

I thought as an individual he can probably hold his head up. I'd start him next match as the squad apparently can't be changed much and TBH, thought he did enough earlier in the tournament to warrant more starts. Willis did not have "moments" that we come to expect from him today, for example, and I think Curry would annoy the Irish in breakdowns more.

~😅
Sounds about right - Ben is less noticeable than Tom but very good at his job,
Person I'd start a Willis/Curry/Ludlam backrow next game - there's nothing to lose and there's a lot of potential there and **** it, what is there to lose?
But then I'm not paid 6 figures to pick a squad so what do I know 🤷‍♂️

After this 6n can Borthwick make as many changes as he wants to the squad, which will be for the world Cup warm ups in August..

Think there could be a few changes...certainly to the wider squad...

After this 6n can Borthwick make as many changes as he wants to the squad, which will be for the world Cup warm ups in August..

Think there could be a few changes...certainly to the wider squad...
Given how comprehensively outplayed we were and have been for a while, just who can we bring in? The U20's were also pulverised by France U20's, our clubs are getting batted all over the place in Europe, just where are any English players or clubs actually performing?

Latest posts