• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (02/02/2019)

The bookies having Scotland -23 is looking like the steal of the century.

Was surprised to see so many giving Italy a chance pre-game. This Scotland side at home is a tough prospect for anyone let alone Italy

Let alone Italy missing so many players.

The bookies having Scotland -23 is looking like the steal of the century.

Was surprised to see so many giving Italy a chance pre-game. This Scotland side at home is a tough prospect for anyone let alone Italy
I put every penny in my Betfair account on Scotland. £36 to win back £3. True story

Last edited:
Good spot from the Italian 9, Scottish prop was too keen to push wide, left the post position vacant

Hogg into the Chiefs team will be frightening next year. Solid pack, with a range of skills, nice mix in back line as well. Now teams will have to be aware of counter attack as well.

Italy just can't compete even if they did get some decisions. They are just defending and keeping Scotland out as long as possible. Based on this, while not being silly, I would like to see England attack from the off. Sometimes I think we show too much respect because we don't want to be accused of being arrogant, but anything short of a bonus point win is not acceptable against this Italian team, especially if you want to win the tournament.

The way to beat them is to kick the ball in behind them and wait for the mistakes. They have no clue how to exit under pressure.

The chat on Virgin is on the money...... O' Shea hasn't improved the Italians at all since he's gone there. Yeah the club sides are doing better and the under 20's weren't whipping boys last year but what good is that if the national side are a rudderless rabble.

Hogg into the Chiefs team will be frightening next year. Solid pack, with a range of skills, nice mix in back line as well. Now teams will have to be aware of counter attack as well.

Chiefs worry is more the gameplan.

Let's not act like Cordero is not a serious attacking threat.

The way to beat them is to kick the ball in behind them and wait for the mistakes. They have no clue how to exit under pressure.

The chat on Virgin is on the money...... O' Shea hasn't improved the Italians at all since he's gone there. Yeah the club sides are doing better and the under 20's weren't whipping boys last year but what good is that if the national side are a rudderless rabble.

Harsh.

Italy don't have the numbers in the senior players, and needed the clubs and U20's to improve to improve the National team.

I thought after the 1st try that it didn't take much prefer on Scotland fir the defence to be breached. By the 3rd in 10 minutes I haven't changed my mind!

What I want to know though is why the hell you would have Capagnaro available and not play him 13?

Harsh.

Italy don't have the numbers in the senior players, and needed the clubs and U20's to improve to improve the National team.
Yeah I'd say improving the setup below national level is more important than Italy's results in the short term

Campagnaro is gonna be this generations Parisse, in that you watch them and think "how did they get lumbered with such a terrible team"

If I was Italian I'd be much happier if the long term picture is looking good then if I was winning the odd game in the Six Nations. I do think that he's got doing to much and should get someone else in to coach.

True, but if you haven't got the players with ability coming through then it may be a generational thing, especially if u20's are on the up. It may take another 10-20 years. Tbh when Italy have competed and not got the wooden spoon it's more because other teams like Scotland were falling down to their level rather than Italy playing fantastically. At the moment there seems to be a gap between those older players who have kept them going like Parisse and the younger players coming through.

Campagnaro is gonna be this generations Parisse, in that you watch them and think "how did they get lumbered with such a terrible team"
At least he'll have Negri, Polledri and Minozzi to keep him company.

TBF Parisse could've played for Argentina. (Along with Castrogiovanni).

Imagine Argentina with 6. leguizamon, 7. Lobbe, 8. Parisse

At least he'll have Negri, Polledri and Minozzi to keep him company.

Yeah Italy have some good players, but it's in only a few positions and no depth at all. The other issue they have is that it is not supported nationally with it being a predominantly northern sport.

Latest posts