• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 3: Australia vs. New Zealand (10/08/2019)

What better sight is there than three NZ miss tackles in the leadup to a try?

Though as history has taught us NZ can always win a game from anywhere.

Depends if they encounter Australia in the knockouts
They're a better side than the wallabies but they've also used up this decades token win against them already

We still have other decades we are yet to cash in I'm sure :cool:

So please go and watch it at full speed and let me know positively why you think it is intent.
What makes you think i haven't? I have and you are wrong. Leads with the shoulder, aims at neck/head area, tucks arms.
The evidence is there, that fact you chose to look elsewhere is another matter.

And you didn't acknowledge the force element which is another contributing factor. Do you interpret it as one with force?
Wrong again. It's not that i didnt acknowledge. I didnt mention it because i can see how that is more likely to be a judgement call given the evidence so i decided to avoid it. I was being practical.

What makes you think i haven't? I have and you are wrong. Leads with the shoulder, aims at neck/head area, tucks arms.
The evidence is there, that fact you chose to look elsewhere is another matter.
So let's break this down. In no instance have I disagreed with the lead shoulder and the tucking arms, I agree with that. There was contact with the head. However, at full speed, Hooper is moving down already at the point of contact and in that instance given there is a change in height in that split second before contact the argument regarding intent falls away.

Wrong again. It's not that i didnt acknowledge. I didnt mention it because i can see how that is more likely to be a judgement call given the evidence so i decided to avoid it. I was being practical.

so when you say "wrong" you mean, actually you mean "Bobby you're right I didn't acknowledge it and indeed decided to avoid addressing it or even referencing why I may not want to address it". Glad we got that clarified. On the force, it is one of the mitigating factors and indeed you can look at the extent of force applied by Barrett at full pace. Given he's already going off his feed he can't apply force (as he can't apply acceleration) so on the force point there's mitigation there too.

Depends if they encounter Australia in the knockouts
They're a better side than the wallabies but they've also used up this decades token win against them already

Wales v Australia in the final? That's the only knockout match they can meet after play in pool D.

Latest posts