[2019 Rugby Championship] Round 2: New Zealand vs. South Africa (27/07/2019)

Discussion in 'The Rugby Championship 2019' started by TRF_heineken, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Venue: Westpac Stadium
    Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TobyBeastTeague

TobyBeastTeague First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Exeter

This is gonna be a good'un.

4. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

Yep and the timings are morning games meaning my 1 week now tv pass will cover round 2 as well :) cant wait.

5. John van eeden

John van eeden Bench Player

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

If SA can win this one it will make the world cup match just so much more exciting !!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woz

Woz Academy Player

Really looking forward to this game, SA vs NZ hardly ever dissapoint.

7. The_Blindside

The_Blindside International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

Although I don’t think both sides will go full throttle (will want to hold something back), they’ll be keen to win and get one over the other to give them that psychological advantage for that crucial pool game in Japan. So should be a good one.

8. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Herschel Jantjies had a good game but everyone is getting carried away after one game. Really now ? Rob Houwing is claiming he is the Next Fourie du Preez.

Maybe after three or four Int games but literally one game against the Aussies and he is the next big thing
    I can already see that we play NZ this weekend then everyone hates Faf for some random reason and a campaign starts for Faf to be dropped from the World Cup starting team so that Jantjies can start

9. Larksea

Larksea First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

AB's will need a big turnaround from what was objectively a pretty bad performance.
    Obviously there will be a big change in personal, all the crusaders mob will be back. They need to somehow find some continuity while obviously trying to implement a new game-plan.The AB coaches and selectors have publicly stated that the rugby championship is a lower priority than firstly the WC and then the Bledisloe which suggests that this game may also be a bit of a world cup squad trial more than a must win test. It will be interesting to see if that is reflected in the selections. i think you would expect that a first choice team will welcome back Moody, Franks, Taylor and Whitelock and Read giving the pack an entirely new look. Toss SBW and ioane back in the mix as well. So the AB's have not clicked yet, their defense was excellent even after they put themselves under a lot of pressure. The attack showed signs of potential but essentially failed to convert anything. The AB's have to click at some point, he need answers to some of the selection questions we have. Will that happen this weekend? I don't know... if we don't make progress we could drop this game and the championship with it but it wont be the end of the world. Just two games till the WC squad is selected thought so the pressure is on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RugbyUSA

RugbyUSA Bench Player

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

I think this will be the best match of the two this weekend, and I've got the Springboks winning it.

11. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

ABs have somewhat lost their status that they once held. Still top team in the world but having lost to Ireland twice, pushed very close by England and Argentina and beat by SA in the last years. New zealand were the team that if you pushed close for 60 min then they would just excell in the last quarter. By no means are they an easy target or weak in anyway. Still No.1 in the world for good reason but more vunerable.

SA have definatly turned it around these last couple of years and id say are favourites this weekend.

I actually cant wait for this one.

12. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

I'm also dying of anticipation for this game. It's going to be a tussle indeed.

This is 1st of 3 games these 2 teams will play against each other. ;)

13. unrated

unrated First XV

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Damn right!

14. BobbyM

BobbyM Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Hurricanes

Excited by the rise (again) of the springboks :) hoping for a proper test this weekend. If it is 3 meetings between the 2 teams this year, i would have happy to lose either of the first two just as long as the ABs win the 3rd!

15. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

Surely we’re going to see what’s considered the first xv from the ab’s, going to be interesting

16. mania

mania First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Samoa

ABs can afford to lose a game and this one is it.
    rather they lose one now than during the WC
    ABs need to be reminded that they are but mortal

17. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

weird, i see it the other way, dont want to give anyone a sniff, beat everyone

• Like Like x 1
  18. mania

mania First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Samoa

cant win everything. teams usually can only stay fired up for 3 games in a row. its something that grahamHenry identified when he was coaching.
    a loss is a good kick in the pants and a reminder that you have to play well to win.
    rather the loss now than in the WC.
    losing to the boks in wellington isnt the end of the world. its pertty much meaningless in the scheme of things.
    mind you losing the opening game in the WC to the boks would definitely make the tournament interesting and would take a lot offf pressure off the ABs

19. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

except England got 19 consecutive wins as recently as 2017 and we had 18 ending in 2016....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bull

Bull Bench Player

Club or Nation:

Bulls

South Africa

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

21. John van eeden

John van eeden Bench Player

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Damian de Allende, I just knew it !! Why should we be punished with him being picked at 12 everytime we want a decent game !!!!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!